Who follows Goodwin at DCA?

fredjones

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:09 PM, smoke14 said:

Per their website only shows 23. Maybe more are playing that not on roster. Hear theres more excitement in the building just need more numbers. 

It's not just Donelson Christian Academy where the numbers are down.  Due to the head injury debate numbers for youth playing football are down by as much as 50% in some schools.  It appears as if the schools where the parents have the most education are being affected more than a less educated parental base.  

Edited by cbg

They have a good coach there, remains to be seen how long he stays. DCA is looking like another Ezell Harding in football. Most small privates in Nashville are following in same direction. Who would have ever believed both Goodpasture and David Lipscomb would be as pitiful as they are. 5-6 years ago they played on TV every year!

1 hour ago, Booger said:

oh lordy...u just made a big booboo with that statement

Booger just sayin :shock:

Booger

Just telling it like it is. As for DCA, I give them credit for hiring Wade, went for a home run and got it. However, if you don't have the jimmy and joes, don't matter bout the Xs and Os. DCA will have a few quit and a few get injured and next thing you know they are down to numbers similar to the teams they would have a running clock going before the end of the 1st quarter in recent years. You just hope they don't have to go to 7 man football.

The other privates that were at one time power house teams are just a shell of former glory. At one time 10 years or so ago. Nashville had the best group of mid size privates in TN with 40-50 strong rosters. Tuition was also about 1/3 of what it is now, another issue.

3 hours ago, wahoo said:

Booger

Just telling it like it is. As for DCA, I give them credit for hiring Wade, went for a home run and got it. However, if you don't have the jimmy and joes, don't matter bout the Xs and Os. DCA will have a few quit and a few get injured and next thing you know they are down to numbers similar to the teams they would have a running clock going before the end of the 1st quarter in recent years. You just hope they don't have to go to 7 man football.

The other privates that were at one time power house teams are just a shell of former glory. At one time 10 years or so ago. Nashville had the best group of mid size privates in TN with 40-50 strong rosters. Tuition was also about 1/3 of what it is now, another issue.

Here ya go Boog. 

You are way off base here. The graduating class of 2018 was the largest in the school while the 2019 class is the smallest. Losing 15 Srs and have 2 this year caused the low numbers. 

The middle school currently has 28 players so the numbers will correct themseves next year. 

As far as Jimmy's and Joes there is enough talent in the 10,9,8,7 grades to challenge for a gold ball or two these next four years. 

12 hours ago, wahoo said:

Booger

its always freshnin to have a new wahoo without bias colored goggles come on here and speak it like it is...... your knowledges and insite to solid middle tn football  data is appreciated by us easterners......and yes the  tourain of private football is changin...but Booger thinkin that Baptist school wahoo talkin bout is a establish program and may have a year or 2 down.......but Donelson ant no Ezall Harding...

.....keep on keepin us informed

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, wahoo said:

Booger

I was informed this week that former DuPont and Vanderbilt player Brad Gaines will be sending his son to DCA instead of Station Camp where his older daughters attended.  Is this true?  I do know that Brad and DCA head coach Paul Wade played together at DuPont.

Edited by cbg

On 7/27/2018 at 9:30 AM, cbg said:

I was informed this week that former DuPont and Vanderbilt player Brad Gaines will be sending his son to DCA instead of Station Camp where his older daughters attended.  Is this true?  I do know that Brad and DCA head coach Paul Wade played together at DuPont.

Big pickup for DCA if true. All of the Gains clan are classy people and an asset to any school thier kids attend. Surprised Goodpasture not in mix as cousins attended there I believe?

I think Wahoo is dead on right.  Really successful mid-size programs are bringing in kids through financial assistance while student populations are stagnant if not reducing at the same school.  Programs who rely solely on kids who walked the hallways are suffering.  Increasing tuition costs possibly due to reducing student populations among other reasons result in smaller rosters.  

On 7/26/2018 at 6:20 AM, Booger said:

its always freshnin to have a new wahoo without bias colored goggles come on here and speak it like it is...... your knowledges and insite to solid middle tn football  data is appreciated by us easterners......and yes the  tourain of private football is changin...but Booger thinkin that Baptist school wahoo talkin bout is a establish program and may have a year or 2 down.......but Donelson ant no Ezall Harding...

.....keep on keepin us informed

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Thanks Booger

the biggest thing I see is the cost. If you have all the privates going d2 and offering assistance to athletes, the money has to come from somewhere. Most of the privates I mention are not in Williamson Cty. In the past many people in Davidson Cty were not going to send thier kid to public unless thier kid got into MLK or Hume Fogg. The smaller privates such as Ezell, DCA, Goodpasture, Davidson, NCS were a good alternative. Now most of them have tuition that many now cannot afford. It's cheaper to move to Rutherford or Wilson Cty and go to public. I believe that is a reason both counties are experiencing more sucess in football and other sports. I would say across the board that Rutherford Cty has the best group of HS football teams in TN. Williamson will always have good public and privates HS FB because people there have the money to do private or public.

im not wishing bad on any private school in Nashville, I just don't see some of them will be in business 10 years from now.