Who follows Goodwin at DCA?

fredjones

Also, to add to my previous post to make my point, if you look at Wilson and Rutherford Ctys, they are 2 of the fastest growing in the state. With this in mind, there is really only one private school in either county who has had any sucess in FB and that is Friendship. Middle TN Christian has tried, but still hasn't gotten over the hump in FB with the FB powerhouses in the county to compete with.

1 hour ago, wahoo said:

Also, to add to my previous post to make my point, if you look at Wilson and Rutherford Ctys, they are 2 of the fastest growing in the state. With this in mind, there is really only one private school in either county who has had any sucess in FB and that is Friendship. Middle TN Christian has tried, but still hasn't gotten over the hump in FB with the FB powerhouses in the county to compete with.

And there it is. Any success huh? Lol Ridiculous statement. 

Since DCA pulls a very large number of students from Mt Juliet, it's in Wilson County,  I'd say it's been pretty successful. If you count gold balls is the most successful.

The growth in Wilson County is almost exclusively West of 109. Folks in Mt Juliet head West into Nashville not east to Lebanon. 

This thread is about the new coach at DCA and he's a game changer. Coach Goodwin handed the program to the guy that will start a new era for DCA football greatness. 

16 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

And there it is. Any success huh? Lol Ridiculous statement. 

Since DCA pulls a very large number of students from Mt Juliet, it's in Wilson County,  I'd say it's been pretty successful. If you count gold balls is the most successful.

The growth in Wilson County is almost exclusively West of 109. Folks in Mt Juliet head West into Nashville not east to Lebanon. 

This thread is about the new coach at DCA and he's a game changer. Coach Goodwin handed the program to the guy that will start a new era for DCA football greatness. 

I know you have been on here for a long time and are hard core DCA, sorry to get your panties in a wad. I was responding to Booger, not you. I'm not disrespecting DCA or any other private, just stating the fact that private school cost are getting more unaffordable. Since you are the DCA expert,, share with us the he tuition cost (uniforms, media included) to attend in 2008 vs 2018. 

2 hours ago, wahoo said:

I know you have been on here for a long time and are hard core DCA, sorry to get your panties in a wad. I was responding to Booger, not you. I'm not disrespecting DCA or any other private, just stating the fact that private school cost are getting more unaffordable. Since you are the DCA expert,, share with us the he tuition cost (uniforms, media included) to attend in 2008 vs 2018. 

You are correct. They are getting to where they will price themselves out of business.  I think in 2008 tuition about $5000 or so . Now it is just under $12500. Then with all the other extracurricular fees. More and more not going to be able to pay.

2 hours ago, wahoo said:

Who says panties in a wad? You compared DCA to Ezell Harding. You said FCS is the only school with any success in the county yet approximately 75% of DCAs students are from Wilson County. You took shots, which is fine, but correcting you is hardly getting upset. Count the gold and silver balls if you want to be accurate. 

The tuition price is supported by the area and apparently it's just fine. The lower school is double the size of almost all the schools listed by you. The upper school is growing and with the hiring of Coach Wade the future looks great in many areas.

I'm no expert on DCA but I know the area, the schools, and DCA much better than what you seem to.  Wages are going up for families not down. Middle class private schools will continue to have a role in middle TN for decades. 

31 minutes ago, smoke14 said:

You are correct. They are getting to where they will price themselves out of business.  I think in 2008 tuition about $5000 or so . Now it is just under $12500. Then with all the other extracurricular fees. More and more not going to be able to pay.

Come on. Wages are going up and folks with the ability to afford  middle class schools are moving to middle TN daily. Not to mention tuition assistance available to many at D2 schools.

The folks that generally make those comments are uninformed. 

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

Come on. Wages are going up and folks with the ability to afford  middle class schools are moving to middle TN daily. Not to mention tuition assistance available to many at D2 schools.

The folks that generally make those comments are uninformed. 

Yeah most of us who have a realistic view, that doesnt totally agree with you, are normally uninformed. 

We can't all be Mr DCA.

Edited by smoke14

1 hour ago, smoke14 said:

Yeah most of us who have a realistic view, that doesnt totally agree with you, are normally uninformed. 

We can't all be Mr DCA.

You are uninformed. It's D2 and tuition assistance is available. You know the number to the school. Call and ask what the process is for those that qualify for tuition assistance.

Your view isn't based on realism, it's based on opinion. Since you haven't gone through the process you are in fact uninformed.

I'm fairly certain all D2 schools use the same service re tuition assistance/financial aide though. I am guessing but I would say a decent percentage of students attending the schools discussed in this thread receive some sort of discount. 

It's not about being "Mr " anything whatsoever. It's about knowing the facts re tuition as it relates to actual cost.

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

You are uninformed. It's D2 and tuition assistance is available. You know the number to the school. Call and ask what the process is for those that qualify for tuition assistance.

Your view isn't based on realism, it's based on opinion. Since you haven't gone through the process you are in fact uninformed.

I'm fairly certain all D2 schools use the same service re tuition assistance/financial aide though. I am guessing but I would say a decent percentage of students attending the schools discussed in this thread receive some sort of discount. 

It's not about being "Mr " anything whatsoever. It's about knowing the facts re tuition as it relates to actual cost.

Probably I am uninformed.  But it is going to be difficult, although not impossible, for some of these smaller d2 schools to keep going like they have in past. Using your Wilson county opinion about % of dca students. How is that new high school going to affect them . Also it appears DCA tuition is increasing at a faster rate than the 2 comparable d2 schools in Wilson county.  Regarding the financial aide, most schools use either FACTS or SSS to calculate an amount then it is up to the school to decide how much to give to students.  Per dca info "The amount awarded is generally between ten and thirty-two percent of the family's calculated need ..."

And like you said other discounts, yet the vast majority of students don't have parents or grandparents that work at school to get that large discount. What other discounts are available? 

With the new high school going to be built in my juliet,  that newness and no tuition will take away from some the small privates (in MY opinion)

Edited by smoke14

55 minutes ago, smoke14 said:

Probably I am uninformed.  But it is going to be difficult, although not impossible, for some of these smaller d2 schools to keep going like they have in past. Using your Wilson county opinion about % of dca students. How is that new high school going to affect them . Also it appears DCA tuition is increasing at a faster rate than the 2 comparable d2 schools in Wilson county.  Regarding the financial aide, most schools use either FACTS or SSS to calculate an amount then it is up to the school to decide how much to give to students.  Per dca info "The amount awarded is generally between ten and thirty-two percent of the family's calculated need ..."

And like you said other discounts, yet the vast majority of students don't have parents or grandparents that work at school to get that large discount. What other discounts are available? 

With the new high school going to be built in my juliet,  that newness and no tuition will take away from some the small privates (in MY opinion)

Good post. The new HS in Mt Juliet is an interesting topic. I had that discussion this week with a former Wilson county coach. He and I agree the impact to sports in the MJ may benefit the private schools. The reasoning is currently MJHS is riding sort of a wave of popular appeal due to it's recent success in basketball and football. Once the talent is futher diluted one school of thought is the program will no longer be attractive to some athletes. Just this year MJHS has lost students to DCA. That has been a rare occurrence since the new HS was built. Additionally, West Wilson Middle School feeds Wilson Cantral and the prospect of playing for a program that is likely going to have a dip in competitiveness  in athletics may not be appealing to some. 

The rate of tuition increase compared to services provided in academics, athletics, and the arts has not had a push back that I've heard. I am not certain what those other schools provide but the folks at DCA appear to not consider it an issue. 

It will be interesting to watch but the excitement surrounding coach Wade is very real and is being felt throughout the community. 

13 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Good post. The new HS in Mt Juliet is an interesting topic. I had that discussion this week with a former Wilson county coach. He and I agree the impact to sports in the MJ may benefit the private schools. The reasoning is currently MJHS is riding sort of a wave of popular appeal due to it's recent success in basketball and football. Once the talent is futher diluted one school of thought is the program will no longer be attractive to some athletes. Just this year MJHS has lost students to DCA. That has been a rare occurrence since the new HS was built. Additionally, West Wilson Middle School feeds Wilson Cantral and the prospect of playing for a program that is likely going to have a dip in competitiveness  in athletics may not be appealing to some. 

The rate of tuition increase compared to services provided in academics, athletics, and the arts has not had a push back that I've heard. I am not certain what those other schools provide but the folks at DCA appear to not consider it an issue. 

It will be interesting to watch but the excitement surrounding coach Wade is very real and is being felt throughout the community. 

Just out of curiosity I have a question regarding both Wilson & Rutherford county public schools:  What is the reason that student athletes and their families elect to attend the small D2 schools over the large D2 schools like MBA, Brentwood Academy or Ensworth?  We know that those three schools have superior academics and athletics compared to most all of the smaller D2 schools.  Those schools also advertise that they offer 100% of the financial aid that someone qualifies for.