Class AA State Tournament Thread

ballinup90

26 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Why do you keep showing that video to make your point, when it clearly shows a minimum of 3 steps and proves you wrong?  Do they not teach counting in Baxter?  

I don't have a girl, just a love for the game, the way it's supposed to be played. Within the rules. Where coaches are supposed to set good examples, not bad ones. And good players play the game and don't call attention to themselves. 

Legal Move – “Euro-Step” Travel at the end of the dribble, player takes 3 steps after gathering the ball. This is an example of a legal offensive move that is not a traveling violation. Upon gathering the ball, an offensive player may legally take two steps before he must release the ball on a pass or shot attempt.

I am going to help you out a little here since no one on the jets can do a euro, Stone has a few that can do them though.  Maybe they can teach your girls.  Baxter is teaching counting just fine!  

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

10 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Legal Move – “Euro-Step” Travel at the end of the dribble, player takes 3 steps after gathering the ball. This is an example of a legal offensive move that is not a traveling violation. Upon gathering the ball, an offensive player may legally take two steps before he must release the ball on a pass or shot attempt.

I am going to help you out a little here since no one in on the jets can do a euro, Stone has a few that can do them though.  Maybe they can teach your girls.  Baxter is teaching counting just fine!  

3 steps is a walk. Nobody does it because it's a walk, and legitimate players can shoot a layup without taking 3 steps. And legitimate coaches teach players not to walk. 

You contradict yourself in the first paragraph. You state the rule that you can only take 2 steps, after you say your move takes 3 steps. So, you yourself just stated that by rule, it's a violation. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong, or can you not comprehend that your wrong?

11 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

3 steps is a walk. Nobody does it because it's a walk, and legitimate players can shoot a layup without taking 3 steps. And legitimate coaches teach players not to walk. 

You contradict yourself in the first paragraph. You state the rule that you can only take 2 steps, after you say your move takes 3 steps. So, you yourself just stated that by rule, it's a violation. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong, or can you not comprehend that your wrong?

If you finish your dribble on the first step you have two more to take no matter what kind of layup you do.  Again, we get it you don’t like Akira.  You are so blinded by your dislike, you can’t even admit she is a good basketball player.  Take your hate elsewhere. I am finished with you! 

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

4 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

If you finish your dribble on the first step you gave two more to take no matter what kind of layup you do.  

Please stop talking. You've gotten yourself into such a hole, that now you're defending things that I know, or at least hope , that you know are wrong. If you really believe what you're saying, you should never comment on a basketball board again. It was funny at first, but now it's just sad

1 minute ago, Mw4vols said:

Please stop talking. You've gotten yourself into such a hole, that now you're defending things that I know, or at least hope , that you know are wrong. If you really believe what you're saying, you should never comment on a basketball board again. It was funny at first, but now it's just sad

You are the sad one sir!  I’m telling you again to take your hate elsewhere. I’m finished with you! 

3 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Must be the first time the euro step has been seen in Crossville. It’s not the 1950’s anymore sir. This is a legal move that has been adopted by many great players. If I were you I would stop committing on this board until you have a better understanding of the game.

5 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Must be the first time the euro step has been seen in Crossville. It’s not the 1950’s anymore sir. This is a legal move that has been adopted by many great players. If I were you I would stop committing on this board until you have a better understanding of the game.

Please, tell me where in the tssaa rule book, the definition of a walk or traveling violation, allows for 3 steps after the dribble is picked up.  You can't, because 3 steps is a walk.  Tssaa is not the nba, Europe, your back yard pickup game, or xbox . I don't care what year it is, if your not playing by the rules, you're cheating

12 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

So please, stop embarrassing yourself. 

8 hours ago, OldIndian1 said:

I have no horse in this race so I have a complete unbiased opinion. The foul called on the three was a bad call. What's lost in this is the foul down low before the three. I believe it was #24 for Macon who was clearly fouled on the shot and it wasn't called. Correct me if I am wrong but #24 was like 12-12 in free throws? If that foul had been called then she most likely makes the free throws and Macon probably wins. As far as what the coach did, it should have been a technical foul. Plain and simple. Not only leaving the coaching box by coming to half court but also by putting your hands on the ref. I thought the refs struggled the entire game. Upperman' s best player should have had several fouls called on her, two charges for sure. Both teams played great, the refs looked like little league refs. Regardless, Upperman won the game. Congrats on back to back titles. 

I saw the game and I believe you are correct. #24 was fouled on the shot before. Hard to believe you can run out on the floor to mid court and put your hands on a ref and not get a technical. Like you said , no horse in the race. Really did not care who won.

7 hours ago, MaconVol said:

I just watched the replay and I don’t believe that Levy made any contact. I believe the referee made the call based on how Levy reacted to the shot anticipating that contact was made and it ended up not being made. However, a coach CANNOT touch an official. 

I agree with everything you say hear. The issue is for whatever reason the officials meaning more than one decided not to make the call on the coach. No one on hear can speak to why that happened, we can only speculate. Was it the embarrassment of making the foul call and not wanting to give Macon two controlled options to win the championship? I say we will never know. Fans from each side can holler all they want. There was no foul yet it was calls was it due to the reaction of Levy?? Who knows but it was called. Was I surprised she wasn't Ted up yes.

Edited by UTRok

5 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

How can anybody be jealous of a player who can't play within the rules?  

Wow you really need to leave it alone. Can't play within the rules not talented and so on. I'm not a fan of TSSAA at all but in this case all of the coaches and writers that vote for Miss basketball had the opportunity to vote and for the 2nd year Levy won it. I have no idea what the vote break down was or who was 2nd and 3rd in the voting. With the opportunities Levy had to play division 1 college ball all of the area high school coaches and everyone within TSSAA and the writers that vote. Then the college coaches that made offers and you say she can't play or play within the rules. Your the one that keeps mentioning peoples character (mental and moral qualities of distinctive to an individual) I think your is showing!