State tournament refs

whoop

2 hours ago, PrinceOfHillsdale633 said:

Upperman coach should have been T’d up atleast three times, whether it was a foul on her team or not, you can’t trot to mid court and put your hands on a ref. Just terrible officiating all around. Swallow your whistle and let the kids decide it. 

Go to the Tennesean they have a perfect picture of the block all ball. Now everyone on here talkin about "t" her up would probably have stormed the floor throwin punches, game was over the shot was cleanly block the refs blew it and they knew it. 

2 hours ago, repoman said:

Go to the Tennesean they have a perfect picture of the block all ball. Now everyone on here talkin about "t" her up would probably have stormed the floor throwin punches, game was over the shot was cleanly block the refs blew it and they knew it. 

I agree that it looked like a clean block. The difference in refs was as far as east is to west in what they allowed in the state tournament . Saw Bradley Coach get a tech for a hand signal 60 feet from any ref, no warning, no talking . Also got a box warning for having one foot out of box. In the AA championship I saw with my own eyes coaches yelling all game at officials , coach ran out 40 feet onto the floor more then once and even grabbed two different officials !!! Maybe these refs did the right thing and the Houston / Bradley refs handled it wrong. Two totally different styles of reffing . Would like to see more of a effort by Tssaa to get referees on the same page!

• Upvote 1

This is the system I would like to see. SImilar to football title games, I'd like to see associations represented by crews. Each of the 12 basketball associations select a 3 person crew based on both supervisor evaluations and coaches evaluations. Spread those 12 crews out over the three weeks of D-2, D-1 girls, & D-1 boys, never working teams they've called in regular season.

Think officials would be more comfortable and do a better job working with people they are familiar with. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWhoopaholic said:

This is the system I would like to see. SImilar to football title games, I'd like to see associations represented by crews. Each of the 12 basketball associations select a 3 person crew based on both supervisor evaluations and coaches evaluations. Spread those 12 crews out over the three weeks of D-2, D-1 girls, & D-1 boys, never working teams they've called in regular season.

Think officials would be more comfortable and do a better job working with people they are familiar with. 

There has been nor will there be any evaluations by the coaches. The TSSAA nor the supervisors want the involvement of the coaches or schools. It has been proposed several times and is always shot down for whatever reason. Tennessee is one of the only states that has NO evaluations of officials by coaches or schools. What happened at the end of the Upperman/Macon game was awful, the call was bad but the no call that should have been multiple technicals on the Upperman coach was even worse. There will never be consistency because the TSSAA doesn't want there to be any collaboration between the officials and coaches to make the game better for all involved.

Edited by attila
  • Upvote 1

Just now, attila said:

Hit a nerve , ref?

No, this was payback to whoop, nearly word for word where he asked me how many teams I'd coached at the glasshouse when I made a comment about Bradley Central's girls coach not being able to win at State even with all the talent he has.  Whoop is obviously a Bradley Central homer, thus blaming the refs when they lose.  lol

I was a ref a long time ago, though.