Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

3 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

The top half of the bracket has the best 3 teams in it. State Championship will be played in that bracket. No way Midway/Eagleville should be in the semis but one of them will. It will be a nice banner to hang in the rafters and in 10 years no on will be the wiser. The winner of the GC and Summertown game will get a bye into the finals which might just help them. It will be a war in the top side. Loretto at least got a cupcake to start with. If Loretto, Greenfield or Clarkrange wins it then you can say without a doubt they were the best team. 

Ur district and ur team isn't as good as you've boasted all yr!      Quit giving other teams a hard time just because of a draw....troll

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I have said all along Summertown is one of the top 6 teams in the state but Gibson County is top 3 and they have already beat Summertown. It’s just my opinion, I still can’t believe Clay County got put out. It’s going to be a good tournament. But 3 of the top 4 teams are  in one bracket. But that’s the way it falls sometimes. 

Yea they beat us and may beat us again but it was at their house, they shot 27 foul shots(we shot 4) so I'm not gonna worry abt that game .....we'll see.  As a Summertown dad , I ho hardly believe Greenfield is the team to beat but I ain't HS ding then a gold ball yet!   

8 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I have said all along Summertown is one of the top 6 teams in the state but Gibson County is top 3 and they have already beat Summertown. It’s just my opinion, I still can’t believe Clay County got put out. It’s going to be a good tournament. But 3 of the top 4 teams are  in one bracket. But that’s the way it falls sometimes. 

Your logic doesn't hold up for a statement as bold as "pencil GC in over summertown".

Summertown beat Loretto by 15 in game 1 this year, Loretto then went on to beat them 4 times straight with 2 of them not being close. 

So you can throw out the first meeting between GC and Summertown.

Summertown is more familiar with the boro, and they will be looking to avenge that loss in style.  If I had to put money on it, I'd say GC by less than 7, but Summertown could just as easily win by 10 if GC overlooks them in any way.

Edited by mas1821
Clarity

The advantage Summertown has is they have played in the Glass house before. GC may have a hard time with the goals in the big gym. I could actually see Summertown winning and if they do they will be playing Saturday. I would love to get a chance to play Summertown again on Saturday. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

44 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

Ur district and ur team isn't as good as you've boasted all yr!      Quit giving other teams a hard time just because of a draw....troll

You childish antics do not faze me. Another newbie posting. I’ve been on this website for 16 years you haven’t been here for more than a few months and as far as my district goes, It has way more gold and silver in it’s trophy cases than any in Class A.  

Edited by UCSportsFan

41 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

Yea they beat us and may beat us again but it was at their house, they shot 27 foul shots(we shot 4) so I'm not gonna worry abt that game .....we'll see.  As a Summertown dad , I ho hardly believe Greenfield is the team to beat but I ain't HS ding then a gold ball yet!   

Quit crying and making excuses Dad!  You got beat by a better team man up and give credit here it’s due. 

28 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

The advantage Summertown has is they have played in the Glass house before. GC may have a hard time with the goals in the big gym. I could actually see Summertown winning and if they do they will be playing Saturday. I would love to get a chance to play Summertown again on Saturday. 

Clarkrange is a worthy adversary my friend. This will be the championship game in my opinion. Wait till you get a load of the twins!  They can absolutely go and they have a lot of help. Their post player is more than solid and can hit the three as is their shooting guard Gracie Bush. Top that off with arguably the best coach in Tennessee Class A history and you have a great team. If Greenfield wins I won’t make excuses like some dads do on here I will say the best team won period. 

4 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clarkrange is a worthy adversary my friend. This will be the championship game in my opinion. Wait till you get a load of the twins!  They can absolutely go and they have a lot of help. Their post player is more than solid and can hit the three as is their shooting guard Gracie Bush. Top that off with arguably the best coach in Tennessee Class A history and you have a great team. If Greenfield wins I won’t make excuses like some dads do on here I will say the best team won period. 

TROLL.....u ain't nothing and ur team isn't either!!!!

I see that it hasn’t taken long for it to get heated in here!!  A lot of people don’t like the way the brackets are drawn but it really is the only fair way to do it.   Nobody has seen all of these team to rank them.  Obviously Greenfield and Clarkrange are 2 of the favorites and now have to play in the first round.   Just part of it.  That game and the GC/ Summertown games are the matchups to watch in the first round.  I know Loretto has a good team and a very talented freshman as well. I think people are jumping to conclusions saying that the championship is being played in the first round between greenfield and Clarkrange.  2 good teams.  But they can be beat.  Clay co obviously could play with Clarkrange and you see what happens to them.  

13 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clark Range is the favorite, we are just glad to get to play them. I know all about their Gold Balls and their coach and I know we don’t have a chance but we will be there ready to go, may the best team win. You use to get me all rialed up but it ain’t going to work this time. Ha!

Edited by Greenfieldfan