Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

39 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I promise you I never take it too seriously. Lol I’ve been known to stir the pot myself a time or two so no hard feelings. As for Clarkrange winning well if the twins handle the pressure and don’t turn it over they will be tough to beat. However if they don’t Greenfield may win by double digits. 

This one will be a good one. A coin flip, IMO.  Another war. 

UCSportsfan has told us all year that Clark Range is the best team in the state. I know he’s a homer but usually he knows his basketball. UC Sportsfan are you going to be at the game?  I need to meet you after 10 years of haggling back and forth. I’m not sure we need to sit together at the game because I’m sure we are going to be pulling against each other.  Ha! but I do want to meet you. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

42 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

UCSportsfan has told us all year that Clark Range is the best team in the state. I know he’s a homer but usually he knows his basketball. UC Sportsfan are you going to be at the game?  I need to meet you after 10 years of haggling back and forth. I’m not sure we need to sit together at the game because I’m sure we are going to be pulling against each other.  Ha! but I do want to meet you. 

UCSportsfan also predicted Jackson County to win Single A this year and Livingston Academy to win AA..........

14 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

UCSportsfan also predicted Jackson County to win Single A this year and Livingston Academy to win AA..........

I remember that and Jackson County went 0-25.  Jackson County is really his home team but he jumps around a lot but don’t mention all the recruiting that goes on in that district that’s a sore spot for him. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

There is no way he predicted that!  LOL.

27 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Greenfield will beat Clarkrange.... close early on, Greenfield will pull away late....

The  Greenfield vs Clarkrange draw was a bad draw for both teams.  That could have EASILY been a finals game.  The only positive is that they are both opposite of Gibson County.    The size of Tess Darby and Moore will be problems for Clarkrange.  I don't think Edie will be much of a factor in this game.  The Monday twins and Bush are very fast but that size is a tough matchup for them defensively.   The speed of the Clarkrange guards will be trouble for Greenfield.  Thats why I think the 3 will be open for Clarkrange and I think they win by 3.   56-59.   This is a game that I hope to get to see.    

2 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

The  Greenfield vs Clarkrange draw was a bad draw for both teams.  That could have EASILY been a finals game.  The only positive is that they are both opposite of Gibson County.    The size of Tess Darby and Moore will be problems for Clarkrange.  I don't think Edie will be much of a factor in this game.  The Monday twins and Bush are very fast but that size is a tough matchup for them defensively.   The speed of the Clarkrange guards will be trouble for Greenfield.  Thats why I think the 3 will be open for Clarkrange and I think they win by 3.   56-59.   This is a game that I hope to get to see.    

I know Coach Trevathan will have something drawn up for Clarkrange, but I would almost put Edie on the better of the two Monday sisters and let her chase them around the whole game. Edie could be a huge factor defensively, but I expect Tess and Chloe to have their way offensively. Greenfield can't forget about Reece Stover either....

29 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

UCSportsfan has told us all year that Clark Range is the best team in the state. I know he’s a homer but usually he knows his basketball. UC Sportsfan are you going to be at the game?  I need to meet you after 10 years of haggling back and forth. I’m not sure we need to sit together at the game because I’m sure we are going to be pulling against each other.  

2 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I will inform yow that Clarkrange was the talk of the MTSU camp this summer as they played really well against some of the teams up there now. Basketballl games are hard to predict any more. Any team is a whistle blowing tic tack foul calling refereeing crew away from going home. Single A is as open as it will ever be. Two of the best teams in the state. Vegas line IMO would be -1 Greenfield because they won it last year. 

44 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I know Coach Trevathan will have something drawn up for Clarkrange, but I would almost put Edie on the better of the two Monday sisters and let her chase them around the whole game. Edie could be a huge factor defensively, but I expect Tess and Chloe to have their way offensively. Greenfield can't forget about Reece Stover either....

Clarkrange has 3 of the fastest guards that you will face on the court (at the same time).   They spend the entire game slashing, cutting, driving, and kicking.  If you can defend the drive without help you can control their offense.   The other people hurt you because those three draw the defenders and kick it to them for an open 3.   If you have to help on the drives....good luck with that.  :)  

I agree with T Darby and Chloe having their way offensively.   I think Clarkrange will most likely double or trap when they get the ball but they are the defending champs for a reason.   I watched the Greenfield girls several times this and those girls can play.   

Ohh yeah the thing I want to see most is the Greenfield fan that leads the cheers!  :)   Thats why I love class A basketball.  The entire towns come out to support the team.   Reminds me of the Gleason gentleman (Principal?) who did that years ago.

Edited by LadyCavsFan

16 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Ohh yeah the thing I want to see most is the Greenfield fan that leads the cheers!  :)   Thats why I love class A basketball.  The entire towns come out to support the team.   Reminds me of the Gleason gentleman (Principal?) who did that years ago.

That will make his day, i will tell him what you said. If you need an autograph I can arrange that. Ha!

• Like 1