Job Openings for Next Year

BigOrangeBaller

On 6/24/2018 at 6:32 PM, tradertwo said:

You misunderstood. I never critique a coach until he's at least into the second year on the job. I mentioned pitfalls that he'd have to be careful of, as would any other in his exact situation. Sorry to be vague, but no details. I also said that the potential problems were "what some close to the program" thought. 

For returning talent, they won't b expected to win the region, but should be mid pack in the district.

sounds like "some close to the program" may not be so close to the program. LOL

mid pack in the district looks like about the norm according to the records the last 3 or 4 years.

You will know what type of coach they have by how the team plays and competes. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/25/2018 at 6:28 AM, OldSportsGuy said:

That makes more sense. I think a high school coach should be given at least 4 years. That way every kid in the program is his kid. It may take some time to build the culture the way it needs to be. 

That district will belong to Southside until someone changes it. 

The question is will anybody challenge Southside?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 6:44 PM, tradertwo said:

Probably won't add much this year, but a 6' 5" freshman transfer from Middleton walked into Coach Runyon's office at Lexington Thursday ready to try out for the team...hmmmm.

You can't teach 6'5" and I'm sure Lexington will take him but if he can play why is he leaving Middleton for Lexington? Middleton has been to sub-state last 2 years while Lexington barely makes region and lost first round the last 3 years. Just sayin

On 8/10/2018 at 6:44 PM, tradertwo said:

Probably won't add much this year, but a 6' 5" freshman transfer from Middleton walked into Coach Runyon's office at Lexington Thursday ready to try out for the team...hmmmm.

Every coach will take a 6’5” Freshman. Not a transfer though cause if he is a freshman he didn’t play high school last year so he will be eligible this year. Can he play? 

17 minutes ago, OldSportsGuy said:

Every coach will take a 6’5” Freshman. Not a transfer though cause if he is a freshman he didn’t play high school last year so he will be eligible this year. Can he play? 

No idea if he can "play", or not...called him a transfer because (as told to me) he practiced at Middleton with the team, then came to Lexington after school had resumed, not at the beginning of the year. It almost has to be a legit move by the family, as it's just too far to choose a place to play by preference over Middleton, and the timing. Also have it on pretty good authority that the Tigers don't look to be the Middleton that everyone expects year after year this season.

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

No idea if he can "play", or not...called him a transfer because (as told to me) he practiced at Middleton with the team, then came to Lexington after school had resumed, not at the beginning of the year. It almost has to be a legit move by the family, as it's just too far to choose a place to play by preference over Middleton, and the timing. Also have it on pretty good authority that the Tigers don't look to be the Middleton that everyone expects year after year this season.

Agree with all that. Legit move more than likely! We will find out in a few months if he can play