Turf war begins in Rutherford County

fredjones

Indoor practice buildings are not that hard to get.  R'dale was offered one for FREE the first year Coach A was there, but they did not get it as the program (Coach A)  could not be bothered getting the foundation done by the booster club.  R'dale even has the land for it next to their outdoor practice field.  It would have been next to the indoor baseball/softball one.

While I figure the school board will be all for letting each school get their own turf, it is the later maintence and poorer schools crying for one to be paid for by the school board that will be bad. 

Any bets on how soon LaVergne starts crying?

6 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Indoor practice buildings are not that hard to get.  R'dale was offered one for FREE the first year Coach A was there, but they did not get it as the program (Coach A)  could not be bothered getting the foundation done by the booster club.  R'dale even has the land for it next to their outdoor practice field.  It would have been next to the indoor baseball/softball one.

While I figure the school board will be all for letting each school get their own turf, it is the later maintence and poorer schools crying for one to be paid for by the school board that will be bad. 

Any bets on how soon LaVergne starts crying?

I can see that a turf field would make them a much better team .  i  think they have a few challenges to handle then look at facilities. It is a shame when  9 out of 10 games the other team have more fans in the stands than they do including homecoming 

49 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Facts...They still feel that turf is not safe smh

But facts show that turf fields reduce head injuries by as much as 80% in High school football.  Checkout GMAX testing. There is not a high school football field older than 2 years that has the compact rating that turf does. The compacted fields these kids play on is the primary reason that we see concussions in high school. Duke university study shows the biggest contributing factor is not head to head impact but head to field impact . 

36 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

But facts show that turf fields reduce head injuries by as much as 80% in High school football.  Checkout GMAX testing. There is not a high school football field older than 2 years that has the compact rating that turf does. The compacted fields these kids play on is the primary reason that we see concussions in high school. Duke university study shows the biggest contributing factor is not head to head impact but head to field impact . 

Came on now Blaze.. You know the guys in the who sit in the office all day dont want facts lol. They will find a report that goes with what there saying just so they wont have to spend money.

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Facts...They still feel that turf is not safe smh

MNPS have much bigger fish to fry than FieldTurf.  I really wish that they would upgrade the athletic facilities at all MNPS but they don't even do routine maintenance like painting the building and fixing pot holes in the parking lot.  Now they have problems with the director of schools and an investigation exposed by Channel 5.

32 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Came on now Blaze.. You know the guys in the who sit in the office all day dont want facts lol. They will find a report that goes with what there saying just so they wont have to spend money.

Truth! But they set in those seats because we elected them. I understand that the school is primarily there for the purposes of education, however football in the grand scheme of things matters at most schools. As good as the talent level is in Rutherford county alone , I know of great players that are still leaving to play at Ensworth BGA Father Ryan because of "quality of education" Funny thing is they still eek by, if that ,on basic course work. You can't say facilities don't matter. Of course this opens up a whole new discussion on kids transferring  to play at other schools for better opportunities. Kids today want that Jumbtron, big time feel... and to them their parents it matters. 

30 minutes ago, cbg said:

MNPS have much bigger fish to fry than FieldTurf.  I really wish that they would upgrade the athletic facilities at all MNPS but they don't even do routine maintenance like painting the building and fixing pot holes in the parking lot.  Now they have problems with the director of schools and an investigation exposed by Channel 5.

We certainly are not an affluent community, but we do all of our own painting, landscaping and facility clean up/ fix up ourselves. Last weekend we had 50 or so parent volunteers who did everything from scrub toilets, pressure wash, paint, mulch, trim hedges to re-hang doors. That being said, I think there has to be a certain ownership mentality that has to be had. Our field is our house kind of attitude. I hope MNPS will get on the ball. If parents buy in and help out, so much can be done. People would be surprised what merchants would do or donate if asked, mulch, paint, tool rentals....