Sumner and Wilson County FBall

19 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin’s first teamers looked good offensively and defensively against Columbia.  Lots of numbers out for Gallatin too.  I thought the Wave looked a lot better than what I was expecting.  

How many starters do you all have returning? Thought the RB you all had last year #1 was very good

4 hours ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

How many starters do you all have returning? Thought the RB you all had last year #1 was very good

Backfield returns and maybe 3 linemen.  Defensively they were decimated.  It was hard to tell who was who in the practice jerseys last night.  Columbia only dressed about 40 players and with the Wave numbers in the 90’s, you had several 1st stringers going against younger players.  When Gallatin’s first unit was in against their 1st unit, we looked really good.  Stewart, the runningback, looked good last night in his limited carries.  He ought to pick right up where he left off.  The QB, Sloan looked very accurate as well.  The O line while not the biggest made some very good clearing blocks.  Fullback also ran well.  Still very early and things always change over the summer but I was surprised at how crisp they looked.  

Edited by GWAVE1

On 5/2/2018 at 8:28 AM, glademom said:

Have freshman nephew that will play at WC in the fall. Does anyone know who they might scrimmage this spring? Have not followed them too closely in the last 3 years; look forward to going to games again. How will their varsity be this fall?

We should be pretty good if we avoid the injury bug. Had 2 kids get offers over the weekend. I wasn't very high on our coaches at the end of last season, but I'm going to give them a clean slate this season. It should be a fun year. 

On 4/26/2018 at 1:00 PM, 4thq said:

Dub C it looks like you are back on the bandwagon hope WC can find the wins. At 8-2 that has them beating some good teams. So the 2 Ls are??? I thought Perry was focused on getting out of MJ!!

I don't have a crystal ball or named Murphy Fair. I just don't see us running the table but I could easily see us making some noise in the district. Keep doubting us though! You will see in August!!

Gallatin uses tonight's scrimmage with Clarksville to play most of the backups.  I had the 1's as 1-0 Gallatin.  The 1's played 3 possessions with 1 score wiped off by a penalty.  Early on the refs were flag happy to the point that both staffs were vocal about it being a scrimmage and not anything more.  Clarksville 1's had a TD taken away because of a penalty as well.  In the end it was Clarksville getting a 2-1 final.  I thought it was a good scrimmage for both teams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...