Sumner and Wilson County FBall

8 hours ago, MrFootball71 said:

After 4 games.

Mt Juliet- no change, softest schedule of any 6-A team in the state. Will lose in the 2nd round. 

Lebanon- no change, defense gives them a chance in the first round but that is it

Wilson Central - not sure what happened here. 2-8 record at the end of the year.

Hendersonville- 6-4, will lose in the first round

Station Camp- 4-6, will lose in the first round

Gallatin- 7-3, will win the region, get to the 3rd maybe 4th round

Beech- 7-3, 2nd in the region, will get to the 2nd maybe 3rd round

Interesting. Hville going 6-4 with only one loss thus far? I'd like to see Gallatin go that far, but don't see it happening without major improvement week to week. Turnovers have just been ridiculous this year and last year as well. Surely that is a major emphasis at practice being worked on. Beech will get better week to week, and still have a touch matchup with Hillsboro.

36 minutes ago, MtJulietVol said:

Gallatin is winning out in the regular season? Are you serious?

Def thought that was an odd prediction.  Also dont see the Commandos going 6-4.  They do have some very tough games in Lebanon, Franklin, Mt Juliet...but doubt they lose all three.  Only way they lose to Gallatin at home on Sr night is if Corey Lewis, Jordan Mason, TD Woods and Jeff Holt suit up!! 

21 hours ago, MrFootball71 said:

After 4 games.

Mt Juliet- no change, softest schedule of any 6-A team in the state. Will lose in the 2nd round. 

Lebanon- no change, defense gives them a chance in the first round but that is it

Wilson Central - not sure what happened here. 2-8 record at the end of the year.

Wow.

Mt. Juliet - I do agree about them having a soft schedule and probably losing to either Oakland or Blackman in the 2nd round. However I find it funny that you seem so down on Mt. Juliet even though they beat a Gallatin team 49-3 that you have winning out and getting to the 3rd-4th round of the playoffs.

Lebanon - That defense is lights out. But it doesn't matter if your offense struggles to put up 14. If they can't beat Hendersonville then they will likely still have a very good (for their standards) season at 7-3 or possibly even 8-2. Only to get taken to the woodshed by either Oakland or Blackman in the 1st round.

Wilson Central - They aren't that good. But they have games remaining against Gallatin, Lebanon, Station Camp and Lavergne that they "could" win. Most likely finish as you say with 2-3 wins.

Hendersonville - This is the one I have the most confusion about.... They are already 3-1. So you would have them going 3-3 to finish the season. They have Lebanon, Franklin, Wilson Central, Gallatin, Rossview and Mt. Juliet. I think most people would pick them as the favorites in all of those games except for Mt. Juliet. I'm guessing that you have them losing to Lebanon, Mt. Juliet and Gallatin?

Station Camp - Sounds about right. I see two or three winnable games left on their schedule and they are already 2-2.

Gallatin - I can't see them winning out. I doubt many would pick them against Hendersonville or Beech after getting beat 49-3 last week by Mt. Juliet.

Beech - Looks about right. But I think they beat Gallatin.

Also I think Shelbyville will come out of their bracket regardless of who wins the region.

On 9/10/2018 at 2:29 PM, CommandoPride1478 said:

Def thought that was an odd prediction.  Also dont see the Commandos going 6-4.  They do have some very tough games in Lebanon, Franklin, Mt Juliet...but doubt they lose all three.  Only way they lose to Gallatin at home on Sr night is if Corey Lewis, Jordan Mason, TD Woods and Jeff Holt suit up!! 

I think I can get one of the four.  

34 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I think I can get one of the four.  

lol.  They were all beasts!! I kid when I say that...just couldnt resist.  I think Gallatin has so much athleticism and talent on their roster.  There is no doubt that if they put it all together that they are def capable of beating HHS and any other team on their schedule.  I am def not counting their season as a lost cause and I do expect them to win most remaining games...just hopefully not at HHS.

1 hour ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

lol.  They were all beasts!! I kid when I say that...just couldnt resist.  I think Gallatin has so much athleticism and talent on their roster.  There is no doubt that if they put it all together that they are def capable of beating HHS and any other team on their schedule.  I am def not counting their season as a lost cause and I do expect them to win most remaining games...just hopefully not at HHS.

Listen, Hendersonville will probably beat the Wave pretty bad.  Hopefully the schedule is starting to get easier.  I am dreading the TV game though.  Every time Gallatin is not great they play Hendersonville.  

On 9/9/2018 at 11:53 PM, MrFootball71 said:

After 4 games.

Hendersonville 9-1 with an “upset” of MJ.  In a week one rematch, loses in second round to Blackman

MJ 9-1 Second round loss to Oakland  

Beech 8-2 In a week two rematch, loses in the fourth round to Henry County 

Lebanon 7-3 First round loss to Blackman.

Gallatin 5-5 Second round loss to Shelbyville 

WC 3-7 miss the playoffs 

SC 3-7 miss the playoffs 

11 hours ago, eers said:

Hendersonville 9-1 with an “upset” of MJ.  In a week one rematch, loses in second round to Blackman

MJ 9-1 Second round loss to Oakland  

Beech 8-2 In a week two rematch, loses in the fourth round to Henry County 

Lebanon 7-3 First round loss to Blackman.

Gallatin 5-5 Second round loss to Shelbyville 

WC 3-7 miss the playoffs 

SC 3-7 miss the playoffs 

Hville 8-2 with a 1st round loss depending on their draw possibly 2nd

I think MJ goes 10-0 with a loss in the 3rd round.

Don't see Beech making it to the 4th round.

Would be suprised to see Gallatin in the 2nd this year.

Lebanon 8-2 with 1st round loss

Agree

Agree

8 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Hville 8-2 with a 1st round loss depending on their draw possibly 2nd

I think MJ goes 10-0 with a loss in the 3rd round.

Don't see Beech making it to the 4th round.

Would be suprised to see Gallatin in the 2nd this year.

Lebanon 8-2 with 1st round loss

Agree

Agree

I don’t see any way MJ or Hendersonville beat Blackman or Oakland, to make it to round three (which I believe will be Oakland v. Blackman).  I also don’t see any way either of them lose in the first round if they finish 1-2 in the region.

The way 6-5A lines up, I think they live a little longer just because Region 5 is weak. Shelbyville will be a challenge, but outside of that I’m not so sure. From what I’ve seen, that’s just not a very good Region. 

WC and SC just aren’t very good. 

Eers, I think your post is probably correct.  So far I’m seeing 5A in particular that it’s not as strong as 6A this year.  I’m guessing/hoping that the upper level teams in 5A are close.  I wonder how people would view Gallatin had the beaten Springfield and SC.  We just have to take care of each team one game at a time.  I see a schedule of 6 games that have two that we would be heavy favorites, two that are favorites, one that is a toss up and one as the underdog.  I’m hoping Gallatin continues to improve every game.

Edited by wave88