Sumner and Wilson County FBall

9 hours ago, eers said:

What have you seen that would indicate either of those two things? 

Im not trying to be smart about asking that, I’m truly curious. 

Like it was said, Hillsboro has a lot of penalties and is pretty young this year offensively.  Someone I know has told me, and they are credible, that Brentwood Aca is way down talent wise from what they have been.  Hillsboro playing them in a first game with that score, if true, does not translate to either being where they have been.  Since Fitzgerald took over Hillsboro, they have not been the same explosive team they were under the former coach.  Their scheme is simpler and let’s face it, those kids would run through a brick wall for Lopez.  Watching their practices on film, they do not have the same intensity.  The rise of Cane Ridge and continued sustainablity of Pearl Cohn has not translated into Hillsboro getting all the elite athletes like some thought.  Hillsboro could have easily gotten beat by Stratford had it not been for that fluke play on the missed fg.  And I am not convinced that Stratford is one of the top tier Nashville schools.  Gallatin on the other hand has not played up to their capabilities either.  The offense has shown in both games how quick they can score but they start out soooo slow!  If they can piece together more than a quarter and a half of offense then they could really be dangerous.  I do not know if Gallatin would have could have should have won had that td been called correctly in overtime, but it definitely would have given them a better shot at winning the game.  Gallatin definitely has more fight in them that the past couple of years and I just think they can piece things back together especially in the first home game with playoffs on the line.  Just like last year when nobody thought Gallatin would beat them.  The potential of Gallatin to be better than last year is there, they just have not shown it.  That is the way I see it.  I could be completely wrong, I have been before.  At least twice this week anyway.  Just not sold on Hillsboro at this point and that could very well change come Friday and it might.  Just have a feeling....

If Gallatin begins the first half the way the first 2 games went, I just unwishfully think they will fold up because of the current record. They expected to be 2-0 coming into this game, but things have not went as planned. Are they gonna give up on themselves or come back hard as ever? Will find out  the resiliency of this team. Just a fan, just a thought. 

51 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

If Gallatin begins the first half the way the first 2 games went, I just unwishfully think they will fold up because of the current record. They expected to be 2-0 coming into this game, but things have not went as planned. Are they gonna give up on themselves or come back hard as ever? Will find out  the resiliency of this team. Just a fan, just a thought. 

And that is the key.  They have to start better or nothing changes.  If they continue to come out of the gate like the past two games, then it will be a long Friday night.  If they can jump on them early, I am not sure Hillsboro has enough to fight back from a big deficit.  I guess that is why they play the game though. 

On 4/25/2018 at 9:33 PM, WCndaHouse said:

We have some talent at Dub C and seems to be a new energy around the program. We will see how it plays out, but we easily go at least 8-2 last year if not for a rash of injuries. If we stay healthy (fingers crossed), I could see a 7-3 or 8-2.

I’m not expecting much from MJ. Perry is too worried about winning twitter fights and mastering fortnite. Another disappointing season for the bears. Good talent though

I cant wait for football season. 

So we come back to this.

17 minutes ago, MtJulietVol said:

So because I have my own opinion I shouldn't ask what the rest of you think? 

Also, this post you quoted is hilarious.

I am going to be one of the outliers on this subject...I think Lebanon hangs close on this one. ... may not win it but should be good game 

7 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Mj's offense will be the strongest they faced.

It certainly will be, but Lebanon will be by far the toughest defense Mt. Juliet has faced. I expect Mt. Juliet to win comfortably but that is mostly because I expect them to be able to score a fair amount of points, somewhere in the 20's or low 30's, and am not sure Lebanon can even crack double digits. 

Like I said, I won't be surprised if it is closer though. This is the best team Lebanon has had in a long time and I think they could have played Mt. Juliet closer last season if it wasn't played in a down pour.