Sumner and Wilson County FBall

44 minutes ago, eers said:

Some thoughts and questions after this week:

MJ - overcomes 6 turnovers to beat a Lebanon team that doesn’t appear to have much offense. 

Lebanon - definitely don’t think they’re at the bottom of this list anymore

Beech - did what they were supposed to do, after a slow start. Will continue to get better as the season goes on, as every Crabtree coached team appears to. Next week is a big game and they’re in the drivers seat in region play  

Gallatin - seem to be inconsistent. Apparently they have the talent to compete, can they turn the ship? Tough game next week, not to mention their three toughest opponents still remain on the schedule  

Hillsboro - Also appear to be inconsistent  I still believe they have the athletes to win most of their remaining games.

WC - Don’t know anything about the game tonight.  I still believe this could be a decent team, but they seem to find a way to lose. 

HHS - Look to be a pretty solid team. Big game next week and should tell a lot about where this team is right now  

SC - from what I’ve seen they have very little offense and the inconsistent play will make for a long year if they don’t get it fixed.  Have some close games and a couple blowouts remaining  . I believe they will only be favored in one of their remaining games, though I believe they’ll win a couple more.

I don't think Lebanon or Mt. Juliet is all that great on offense. Both are one dimensional and do little to spread the field. Both have quarterbacks that are fast but not the best in the passing game.

14 minutes ago, eers said:

I was surprised by the loss to Springfield, then I watched the SC game on film and Gallatin looked to be the more talented team. Also appears Hillsboro may be a little down as some others had said previously. 

I believe they may win a couple more games than I thought a week ago, but I still believe they will have a tough time with MJ, Hendersonville and Beech. I haven’t watched MJ yet, but having seen Hendersonville and Beech play I believe both are better than Gallatin at this point. The problem I see right now is I really believe Gallatin has lost to two teams they are better than. Which leads me to ask, can they win the ones they’re supposed to and maybe sneak one in they aren’t supposed to?

Mt. Juliet is considerably better than Gallatin.

7 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

I don't think Lebanon or Mt. Juliet is all that great on offense. Both are one dimensional and do little to spread the field. Both have quarterbacks that are fast but not the best in the passing game.

I believe so without a doubt, I just haven’t seen them play at this point. 

Edited by eers

7 hours ago, eers said:

I was surprised by the loss to Springfield, then I watched the SC game on film and Gallatin looked to be the more talented team. Also appears Hillsboro may be a little down as some others had said previously. 

I believe they may win a couple more games than I thought a week ago, but I still believe they will have a tough time with MJ, Hendersonville and Beech. I haven’t watched MJ yet, but having seen Hendersonville and Beech play I believe both are better than Gallatin at this point. The problem I see right now is I really believe Gallatin has lost to two teams they are better than. Which leads me to ask, can they win the ones they’re supposed to and maybe sneak one in they aren’t supposed to?

Gallatin looks a lot better than their first game.  If they play like they did last night, they will give MJ, Hendersonville and Beech fits.  May not win any of those but then again might catch one of them too.  Last night was very physical and I am sure they are sore.  I bet the same for MJ.  One thing for sure though, they did not back down from those huge backs of Hillsboro.  Tackling a 225 lb running back and a 250 lb fullback all night is tough.  

On 9/1/2018 at 12:08 AM, steelcityroller said:

Gallatin now versus Gallatin when they scrimmaged Lebanon and TC are completely different.  MJ may win but it will be close.  

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Actually spork at one point they were Wingt under Elrod as OC. For whatever reason they then switched to the TF system.

Saw the game this past Friday and they were back to running the wing T. Just curious to see what would have prompted the move to change the offense. 

6 hours ago, thespork said:

What's going on at Wilson Central? Change in the offense? Always been a spread team. Surprised to see them lose against Rossview.... 

Why are you surprised to see them lose to Rossview? Rossview beat them by 17 last year. Yeah the rosters changed but not enough to warrant WC being a given to win the game.

1 hour ago, thespork said:

Saw the game this past Friday and they were back to running the wing T. Just curious to see what would have prompted the move to change the offense. 

Possibly having a stud RB or the coach under pressure. Because they are 0-3 and still have Mt. Juliet, Gallatin, Hendersonville and Lebanon left to play. And even the teams they beat last year like Overton and Station Camp (won both games by 10 last year) are looking improved.

They should beat Lavergne but after that I can't point to another game and say they should win that game.

On 9/2/2018 at 10:39 PM, steelcityroller said:

Why are you surprised to see them lose to Rossview? Rossview beat them by 17 last year. Yeah the rosters changed but not enough to warrant WC being a given to win the game.

Possibly having a stud RB or the coach under pressure. Because they are 0-3 and still have Mt. Juliet, Gallatin, Hendersonville and Lebanon left to play. And even the teams they beat last year like Overton and Station Camp (won both games by 10 last year) are looking improved.

They should beat Lavergne but after that I can't point to another game and say they should win that game.

They have a transfer from Gallatin running the ball.  Should have a decent guy returning from last years team too.  I thought Wilson Central would be better than what they have shown.  

On 9/2/2018 at 4:05 PM, thespork said:

What's going on at Wilson Central? Change in the offense? Always been a spread team. Surprised to see them lose against Rossview.... 

Yes, we are back in the wing-t. You know nothing gets kids going like hitting the panic button after week 2 and completely changing schemes which we've worked on for months. We need a win badly this week before the cubs roll in next week. Go Wildcats!!!

On 9/2/2018 at 10:39 PM, steelcityroller said:

I have watched Station Camp twice and they just aren’t very good. IMO, if you take Alexander out of the picture, SC has no threats. Don’t see many more wins on the books for SC and I would have to give the edge to WC at this point. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

I have watched Station Camp twice and they just aren’t very good. IMO, if you take Alexander out of the picture, SC has no threats. Don’t see many more wins on the books for SC and I would have to give the edge to WC at this point. 

Their D was pretty solid against HHS.  Gave up 40 but a lot of that was due to turnovers.  Neither team has much going offensively.  SC has the better D.  I say SC wins by 7