Sumner and Wilson County FBall

1 hour ago, MrFootball71 said:

They still will finish no worse than 3rd in their region and I believe they can beat Beech and Hillsboro. The Burros have not been been impressive in either game this year and the Wave get them at home.  The region they will be paired up against in the 1st round is really weak so they are not done yet.  

Likely to finish 3-7 and still make the playoffs. Unless something drastic changes, they will draw Summit or Shelbyville and finish 3-8. 

1 hour ago, MrFootball71 said:

Surprised that Hendersonville won by that much, Centennial must have had an off night. Probably still in shock from last week.  Also surprised Beech lost and Lebanon really struggled with MCGavock.  

I said it in the game thread that Lebanon's offense isn't nearly as good as their defense. They aren't gonna put up a ton of points unless the defense generates turnovers. Very much boom or bust with big plays. Even tonight against McGavock I think they had around 250 yards of offense on 45 plays and about 130 of that came on 2 big plays on the touchdown drives. So about 120 yards on the other 43 plays.

5 hours ago, eers said:

Likely to finish 3-7 and still make the playoffs. Unless something drastic changes, they will draw Summit or Shelbyville and finish 3-8. 

There are a lot of people who have said this even before the season got underway.  After last night even more or thinking this way.  

6 hours ago, MrFootball71 said:

They still will finish no worse than 3rd in their region and I believe they can beat Beech and Hillsboro. The Burros have not been been impressive in either game this year and the Wave get them at home.  The region they will be paired up against in the 1st round is really weak so they are not done yet.  

Burros haven't been impressive?? I believe anybody in this thread would be honestly satisfied to walk away with just a 31-16 loss to Div II AAA 3-peat state champ Brentwood Academy (that Hillsboro held a lead for a little bit). Burros will be a tough opponent for anybody 

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

There are a lot of people who have said this even before the season got underway.  After last night even more or thinking this way.  

I had them at 4-6, which included beating what I had as a 3-7 Station Camp. I didn’t see the game, but saw the score at one time was 5-2? Are both these teams as bad as what I’m hearing?

14 minutes ago, eers said:

I had them at 4-6, which included beating what I had as a 3-7 Station Camp. I didn’t see the game, but saw the score at one time was 5-2? Are both these teams as bad as what I’m hearing?

Station Camp is actually better than last year and they have a good defense especially against the run.  They also have a really fast player in Alexander.  They passed more in our game than they have on film which still wasn’t very much.  That is definitely not their strength.  But I still did not understand their play calling.  They ran the fullback most of the game and he was not getting anything.  When they opened it up to the QB option they moved the ball some.  They are limited but still better than last year.  

Gallatin has dug a big hole for themselves in the first 2 games. 24-7 vs Springfield and 19-2 vs SC yet still fought back to make both games come down to the final ticks before it was concluded.  Gallatin just continued to make big mistakes in the first half that they could not overcome.  SC was held to only one drive, the opening of the 2nd half.  Other than that the defense played great I thought.  The secondary is the main source of woe but overall Gallatin is tackling better than they have in years.  They just lack the speed of the past few years overall.  Offensively the receivers are hit or miss.  In both games we could get in the red zone but not score touchdowns.  The overtime looked remotely like the Page game in the playoffs last year, 4th down and a foot and could not get in.  It is disheartening and I will be honest the offensive set they use in those situations is just not working.  They bunch up with a split backfield while the other team has 11 at the point of attack and you are blocking with 8.  I guess I just don’t understand but I definitely see the lack of results.  If these past 3 games going into last year does not make you want to change your red zone philosophy then nothing will.  

I am really hoping they can get it straightened out because I think we all see the potential with this group but these last two games could have been wins and not losses.  

7 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Burros haven't been impressive?? I believe anybody in this thread would be honestly satisfied to walk away with just a 31-16 loss to Div II AAA 3-peat state champ Brentwood Academy (that Hillsboro held a lead for a little bit). Burros will be a tough opponent for anybody 

Hillsboro does not appear to be the same caliber as in years past, I think both Beech and Gallatin will give them trouble.

What is going on with Wilson Central?  Few playmakers or poor coaching?

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Station Camp is actually better than last year and they have a good defense especially against the run.  They also have a really fast player in Alexander.  They passed more in our game than they have on film which still wasn’t very much.  That is definitely not their strength.  But I still did not understand their play calling.  They ran the fullback most of the game and he was not getting anything.  When they opened it up to the QB option they moved the ball some.  They are limited but still better than last year.

Gallatin has dug a big hole for themselves in the first 2 games. 24-7 vs Springfield and 19-2 vs SC yet still fought back to make both games come down to the final ticks before it was concluded.  Gallatin just continued to make big mistakes in the first half that they could not overcome.  SC was held to only one drive, the opening of the 2nd half.  Other than that the defense played great I thought.  The secondary is the main source of woe but overall Gallatin is tackling better than they have in years.  They just lack the speed of the past few years overall.  Offensively the receivers are hit or miss.  In both games we could get in the red zone but not score touchdowns.  The overtime looked remotely like the Page game in the playoffs last year, 4th down and a foot and could not get in.  It is disheartening and I will be honest the offensive set they use in those situations is just not working.  They bunch up with a split backfield while the other team has 11 at the point of attack and you are blocking with 8.  I guess I just don’t understand but I definitely see the lack of results.  If these past 3 games going into last year does not make you want to change your red zone philosophy then nothing will.  

I am really hoping they can get it straightened out because I think we all see the potential with this group but these last two games could have been wins and not losses.  

Being better prepared, coached harder, being more disciplined would be the difference maker they need to win football games, period. Last years playoff game, then against Springfield and Camp this year, we lost the turnover battle big time.

They NEVER play to end an opponent's will early and often. They ALWAYS play to their opponents level. They very obviously never fight for every inch they can get offensively, which is a big reason why they are in the spot they are in. I just dont know what else it takes to fix the problems that are ongoing year to year. It's all just so obvious when you watch the games in person. They didn't even win in the scrimmages played this year. Haven't won anything since last October.

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Being better prepared, coached harder, being more disciplined would be the difference maker they need to win football games, period. Last years playoff game, then against Springfield and Camp this year, we lost the turnover battle big time.

They NEVER play to end an opponent's will early and often. They ALWAYS play to their opponents level. They very obviously never fight for every inch they can get offensively, which is a big reason why they are in the spot they are in. I just dont know what else it takes to fix the problems that are ongoing year to year. It's all just so obvious when you watch the games in person. They didn't even win in the scrimmages played this year. Haven't won anything since last October.

Turned the ball over 8 times to Page’s 4, 1 time against Springfield’s 0, and only had one turnover last night to Station Camp’s 3.  Last night the turnovers were not the issue.  Penalties were not either in fact they were much better.  Not getting the necessary yards and dropping passes...bingo!  But you are definitely right, we have not scored early and often so far or enough lately.  Seems like we own the 4th quarter but just can’t get out of the hole the Wave has dug for themselves.  

If the Yarbrough kid ran that one back as time expired though on that int....only one guy could have got him and he did.  Dang!!

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Sad, man! I remember having absolute battles with Gallatin whenever we played. Wasn’t that long ago. 

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Turned the ball over 8 times to Page’s 4, 1 time against Springfield’s 0, and only had one turnover last night to Station Camp’s 3.  Last night the turnovers were not the issue.  Penalties were not either in fact they were much better.  Not getting the necessary yards and dropping passes...bingo!  But you are definitely right, we have not scored early and often so far or enough lately.  Seems like we own the 4th quarter but just can’t get out of the hole the Wave has dug for themselves.  

If the Yarbrough kid ran that one back as time expired though on that int....only one guy could have got him and he did.  Dang!!

The turnovers are usually pretty costly. And I guess I was including the blocked punt for safety, the pick 6, and the 2 failed 4th down attempts in the redzone last night. All those were ultimately very costly. Yeah I wish he would've ran that pick 6 back, would've helped matters. But I see a trend. When they hold on to the football, they win. Example -Hillsboro game last year. They played a clean game and Hillsboro didn't, thus we won. It would have to be that type of effort this week to stand a chance against them.