Top 5 in 5A

Meeru

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Could be way wrong here but I thought I heard somewhere that Beech list 17-18 of the 22 starters off of last years team??

That could be correct. I remember from last years team they was loaded with starting seniors with a RB that nobody could seem to stop.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I’m not sure if we are Top 5 material just yet, but no way my Bobcats aren’t at least In the Top 10. A healthy QB may just be the difference this year...

QB is having surgery again. This time on his shoulder

5A will be a tough class to pick again this year.   You'll have the normal contenders with Catholic, Fulton, Central, Oak Ridge, Rhea County, and South Doyle contending from the East.  You'll have Henry County, Ridgeway and Brighton out West and a strong Middle Tennessee presence from Beech, Hillsboro, Gallatin, and Hendersonville.   Shelbyville, Summit, Columbia and Franklin County may be sleepers as well.

I think Region 2 will be the toughest this year in 5A. Central, South Doyle, and Sevier County will most likely go 1,2,3 in any order. They all return great players and were extremely young last year. The QB from Sevier County did amazing against South Doyle.  The QB from Central that was hurt last year could be special if he stays healthy and South Doyle has that team speed that every coach dreams about. I predict second and third round games will be familiar match ups between these three. 

8 hours ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

I think Region 2 will be the toughest this year in 5A. Central, South Doyle, and Sevier County will most likely go 1,2,3 in any order. They all return great players and were extremely young last year. The QB from Sevier County did amazing against South Doyle.  The QB from Central that was hurt last year could be special if he stays healthy and South Doyle has that team speed that every coach dreams about. I predict second and third round games will be familiar match ups between these three. 

I believe the region with OR, Fulton, West, and Campbell County be tougher and I’ll bet OR and Fulton would beat everyone in Region 2. 

49 minutes ago, catswild said:

I believe the region with OR, Fulton, West, and Campbell County be tougher and I’ll bet OR and Fulton would beat everyone in Region 2. 

I  agree. Last season, Oak Ridge improved significantly after week 4 then ran into State Champs Catholic but played then tough. This season, I think the team will get rolling before week four and be ready for a GREAT Fulton team in week 10 and playoff experienced Catholic or tough Rhea County. All of this is to say, Oak Ridge may just get over the hurdles and reach State. One area I am very curious to see how quick it gets rolling is the new QB. We will athletic but inexperienced. I am not worried that the QB will be a weakness just how fast it becomes a strength. Booker after all is a Friday Night Lights beast..