Cloudland/Greenback: FINAL THOUGHTS

MakoRevised

The game is over, as is Greenback's season. But ask anyone, and you'll understand that this was a true game.

Cloudland players and fans: Class act people, class act team. Byrd is a great athlete, but the whole team showed their skill. I'm glad we got to shake hands after the game this time (for those of you who remember last season). Nice to meet you, both EastTN and Pujo. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I haven't seen that big of a crowd at Cooper Field in, well, forever.

Greenback fans: Thank you for your support. All of the above can probably be applied, and more. We have the best fans, and the best place to watch a game. Thanks to everyone involved.

The game itself I was glad to be a part of. High intensity, very physicial.

Regrets? No. this is one season where there were no ifs, ands, or buts about it--we were a great team. There could've been a few mistakes we could've done without throughout the season, but the defense played great, the line did great, Austin (QB), the backs, and the receivers all played excellent. Cloudland is good, though, and stuck it to us early.

The best for last?

The seniors of Greenback. Thanks. Thanks for being leaders. For doing the best possible. Sean Evans, Adam Jackson, Chris Downey, Josh Shelton, Dustin Franklin, Matt Ervin, Blake Hawkins, Brian Kelso, Brian Brisson, Lee Stephens, and Jeremy Evans. Thanks. Thanks Coaches. We'll be back next year. Probably facing Cloudland. haha

Any remarks?

--Joe Kemple

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To: Greenback players and coaches.

Thank you for the memories and thank you for the opportunity to play this great game called football.

Don't worry. You guys are winners and nobody can take that away from us!!!

To: Greenback fans.

Thank you for you're support and thank you for letting me know that I was loved at Greenback!!!

To: Cloudland players and coaches>

Well, it was a great one!! The fan support on both sides was great and those people got their moneys worth. Remember guys, bring back that gold ball to the East where it belongs!! You guys are class acts and care a lot about Cloudland as a school and Cloudland as a community!

To: Cloudland fans.

Boy you guys are rowdy!! You guys give great support! Keep it up when your in the 'Boro!! You guys have alot of love for your team and community!

To: My Lord and savior, Jesus Christ.

Thank you for the ability that I had to play this great game! Only through you can I breath and live!!!

Have a great run CHS, you guys deserve it!!! :):):):):):):)

First of all, both teams and everyone involved in the game showed alot of class. Hats off to Greenback. The Cherokees have improved alot from last season, and you guys were better than you got credit for. Plus, you played some good defense.

Second, congratulations Landers- good hard fought win.

Third, I noticed that there were not T$$AA tickets given out at any entrance of the game- and no T$$AA officials at the gates. I just thought that was kind of interesting. Somebody might be making alot of money this week.

Very classy all the way. No losers this night. Cherokee 24 I want to give your parents 1000 good marks.They have raised a fine young man. Greenback you played your hearts out and your fans were great. Congratulations on a very successful season.I was tickled to death for our win tonight,but if we had to lose to someone,I would'nt mind it being to you'll.

To the Landers,heck of a TEAM effort. You boy,s are my hero's .Let's see if we can honor Greenback's wishes and bring that gold ball back to the East. You guys win'lose or draw are our CHAMPIONS.

i just wanted to say congratulations to cloudland,you guys played the best pass defense ive seen all year,keep up the good work next week at boyd.you guys went out there and showed everyone that we play as a team.if it werent for that good defensive effort we might have been in trouble against a very good greenback team.ALSO WANTED TO MENTION COLE GOUGE DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB TONIGHT,JUST A GREAT ALL AROUND TEAM EFFORT.YOU GUYS HAVE IMPROVED TREMENDOUSLY ON PASS DEFENSE,To Greenback and its fans thanks for the good sportmanship AND HOSPITALITY you guys completely redemmed yourselves after what happened last year,you played a good hard fought game you all have a team that would make anyone proud of good luck next year,also GOOD LUCK TO CLOUDLAND NEXT WEEK AGAINST BOYD IF YOU GUYS PLAY DEFENSE LIKE YOU DID TONIGHT WE WILL BE SEEING YOU IN THE BORO AGAIN

Thank you Greenback for showing us a good game and for being so nice. You guys were awesome! Congratulations on a fine season. We'll see you next year!

Good job Highlanders! Thank you all for a great TEAM effort. Never a doubt in my mind. Gotta go out there and play that much harder next week. Big hats off to Coach Brewer and his gang for really sticking it to em on the pass D. I think people will stop doubting that we can defend now. I'm proud.

Thank you crowd for living up to our little theme. Way to "Make Some Noise"! We expect the same and more next week. Community pep rally Thanksgiving night. You all had better be there! :)

Go Landers Go! :)

Now that has to be one of the best thread of post I have ever read on any post site ever.. congrats to both teams and fans.. Thats what high school football is all about and why I love it so much.. It's good to be a part of a site like this. The respect that I just read was heart warming.. I wish I could have been there with everyone last night.. Best of luck to Cloudland and their fans.. I hope and pray that they can bring that championship back this way.. That would be a wonderful time in roan mountain.

First of all I would like to congratulate Greenback on a great season, you guys played great all year round and r one of the best public schools in the state. To cloudland yawl were ready and Bryd is UNREAL. Maybe we'll get to do it again next year I think that would be a pretty fun way to end to go out my senior year playin yawl to see who goes to the 4th round and Go Get Boyd

Well Greenback, it's been great! Thank you so much for a wonderful season. You guys are the best team a water-girl could work for! :) Seniors, thanks for everything. I love you all so much and you will be greatly missed next year. You boys have no idea how much you mean to me and the other two girls. So thanks again.

Good luck Cloundland, and great game!

*#1 water girl*