FORREST COACHING SEARCH 2018

12 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2014/jan/22/hixson-highs-jason-fitzgerald-leaving-coach-meigs-/129701/

About 4-5 years it looks like. Would be more in detail,  but best i can do while at work.

The guy has done a good job. This is your alls year to make some noise. If the qb didn't get hurt last year I think you would have went to the 4th round. Tough spot for your best player to get hurt in

I honestly think we could have won it if he hadn't gotten hurt in first quarter. He accounted for 7 touchdowns the previous game with the same team. He is a not a monster by any means in size. But he plays like one and seems to have the heart of one. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7845294/59bd2f1819af53125c310b2f

Take this guy out of the picture his mobility and we lost 9-8 to the same team. I normally don't speculate like this but I really do think we could have won it had he stayed healthy. And yes they have a good coach no doubt. Proud to be a fan.

( Sorry Forrest folks didnt mean to hijack your thread. )

Edited by Imthayeti

16 hours ago, 2016 said:

Dobbs from Moore County may be your next Coach. 

Any other candidates?  The Dobbs' Moore County team at the scrimmage a few weeks ago was much improved since the last time we saw them on our schedule. They should be an impressive 1A team.

This will be Forrest's 6th head coach since the 2011 season. They have had offensive consistency. Coach Johns had been running the same system for five seasons. Regardless, this is too much turnover.

10 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Problem is a winning coach is fine in this football world we live in until they have a bad season. Somehow 4 winning seasons is negated by the fith seasons 4-6 record. As a fanbase and leader you have to accept the good with the bad. You aren't gonna have the best team in football every year. But you can't guillotine a coach for a bad year. Also politics are a factor in alot of decisions and that's just a fact of the sad world we live in. If I'm not mistaken Redbanks coach is a casualty of this such practice. Look at his record this past season and was let go... odd wouldn't you think?

no one guillotined johns. only a few dumb fans thought last year was his fault,.

this years team has the talent to do some damage. but will they have their discipline or head right.  

8 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

no one guillotined johns. only a few dumb fans thought last year was his fault,.

this years team has the talent to do some damage. but will they have their discipline or head right.  

Wasnt referring to your coach,  was talking about coaches in general. And i seen your record. alot of the games you lost were by few points to good team's. Those are the hardest seasons for a coach and players imo.

Coach Stephenson has had opportunities to leave Forrest for bigger schools and most definitely more money. He has shown loyalty to the school when others have not. If he wants the position it would be foolish not to give him the opportunity. 

If they bring in a new coach the odds say he won't be there more than 2 seasons. The junior class is widely recognized as the most talented group to come through Forrest. From 6th grade through 9th grade they lost one regular season football game. Several have played meaningful varsity minutes since their freshman year. 

Coach Stephenson will provide consistency and continuity. His defense was a team strength during the 2016 and 2017 seasons. Last year they were put in some awful positions in big games by the offense due to turnovers, penalties, and assorted miscues and still played well enough to be in every game late into the 2nd half.