Waverly 2018

HCBigRed

1 hour ago, gbrpats said:

Henry County lost 4 games last year by a combined 11 points. We shouldn't drop off either. Should be as good or better. The Waverly game will be excellent for both teams

I’m excited to see how our little 2A school does against the 5A Patriots. Should be a good test. We put it on 4A Spring Hill in the spring. Regardless of outcome I just hope both teams remain healthy. 

10 minutes ago, Trollin said:

I’m excited to see how our little 2A school does against the 5A Patriots. Should be a good test. We put it on 4A Spring Hill in the spring. Regardless of outcome I just hope both teams remain healthy. 

Yes sir the main thing is to stay healthy. Wish all the best luck for Waverly in the 2018 season. Y'all go take care of 'em.  Just wait until after August 10th to put it on everybody haha :)

8 hours ago, Trollin said:

How’s the Stangs lookin this year

Just got back from practice. We should be pretty good. New QB has a chance to be special. RB's are small but very quick. Offensive line larger and pretty athletic. WR's have good speed. Defense could be nasty. Linebackers are as good as you'll find in single A. DB's are quick and aggressive. Lost our best d-lineman to an ACL, though he's trying to play. Maybe we can compete with y'all.

10 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Just got back from practice. We should be pretty good. New QB has a chance to be special. RB's are small but very quick. Offensive line larger and pretty athletic. WR's have good speed. Defense could be nasty. Linebackers are as good as you'll find in single A. DB's are quick and aggressive. Lost our best d-lineman to an ACL, though he's trying to play. Maybe we can compete with y'all.

Think the Stangs are better than last year? Sounds like y’all lost several starters. Hate to hear about the injury. 

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Think the Stangs are better than last year? Sounds like y’all lost several starters. Hate to hear about the injury. 

We'll see how it plays out but Stangs could be better. Deepest team we've had in a while. We lost 6 or 7 kids that started or played a lot but a strong junior class is really starting to kick in. We'll be as good offensively as our new QB. He's very talented but also very raw. He just needs a few games under his belt which he won't have when the Tigers come to town! Y'all gonna be jealous when you see these 1a facilities! I'm ready to kick it off. Scrimmage Ripley at home Friday!

Waverly got in a hole 14-0 or maybe even a 21-0 against Columbia Academy.  CA's offense was clicking and Waverly had a turnover early. I saw Waverly 2x last year and it's the best high school offense you will see. But to win a Gold Ball you have to stop people. CA was the better team. If Waverly tightens things up on D they will breeze to the quarters- they will still have to stop an R5 team, which they could NOT do last year, and this year R5 will be better. 

The skill players are ridiculously good. Read my recap from the Forrest 1st round game. I gave them mucho props.  

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Waverly got in a hole 14-0 or maybe even a 21-0 against Columbia Academy.  CA's offense was clicking and Waverly had a turnover early. I saw Waverly 2x last year and it's the best high school offense you will see. But to win a Gold Ball you have to stop people. CA was the better team. If Waverly tightens things up on D they will breeze to the quarters- they will still have to stop an R5 team, which they could NOT do last year, and this year R5 will be better. 

The skill players are ridiculously good. Read my recap from the Forrest 1st round game. I gave them mucho props.  

What’s the good word on C.A. this year? How many returning players do they have? Do you believe they will be better than last year?

52 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

They are expected to improve yes. Stacked senior class. They were able to hang with Waverly's speed in the game I saw, which surprised me, If the two played tomorrow I'd still take Waverly, they were that good offensively. But the D, if it tightens, will be the reason they win gold, or not

Agree 100%