Macon @ Smith

geo1126

24 minutes ago, twistedsister said:

I'll get some sauce for u.It doesn't matter how good u think they might b the bottom line is 3 or 4 wins and the 4 ant gonna happen.They wont beat westy either

Bottom line is Macon beat themselves and Smith knows it. They will recover! 7 times out of 10 Macon would beat Smith but this was one of the 3.

3 hours ago, geo1126 said:

Bottom line is Macon beat themselves and Smith knows it. They will recover! 7 times out of 10 Macon would beat Smith but this was one of the 3.

Cumberland,dekalb,portland are the only chances macon has and these are ify.And I hope im wrong but im just calling like I see it.

Edited by twistedsister

4 hours ago, geo1126 said:

Not sure that they beat themselves. Hard to say that when the opening kickoff of the year we had to run someone on the field last minute to have 11 players. Knew then we were in trouble, if you cant have 11 coming onto field to start the game thats all I need to know.

On 8/13/2018 at 3:26 PM, UpperCumberlandMan said:

In 15 years since the quarter final field goal win by Macon(2003), both these programs seem to have been on hard times. Smith had a few more good season after 2003 but then early exits from the playoffs. Macon had one in a decade talented qb lead them to 9 wins in 2016, but it's been few and far between.  What is everyone's opinion on why these programs have been struggling ? 

Look at the sidelines of MC. Numbers are down, and been trending that way for a while. MC athletes aren't playing sports anymore. Baseball is seeing the same thing numbers wise, and while basketball has been decent lately it seems many of those kids are either told not to play football or they aren't interested in it. 

Football takes time and commitment. Seems a lot of kids don't want to put the effort in that football asks for. But it all comes in cycles. MC will never be as consistent as something like a Trousdale, but there will be a string of kids that will be special one day. In the meantime, here's hoping that the current kids stay healthy and still enjoy those friday nights. 

3 hours ago, ButwhatdoIknow said:

Look at the sidelines of MC. Numbers are down, and been trending that way for a while. MC athletes aren't playing sports anymore. Baseball is seeing the same thing numbers wise, and while basketball has been decent lately it seems many of those kids are either told not to play football or they aren't interested in it. 

Football takes time and commitment. Seems a lot of kids don't want to put the effort in that football asks for. But it all comes in cycles. MC will never be as consistent as something like a Trousdale, but there will be a string of kids that will be special one day. In the meantime, here's hoping that the current kids stay healthy and still enjoy those friday nights. 

I'm hearing that same exact thing from people all over the map. It is an issue. And I could see how it would hit certain communities harder than others.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Mr. Postman1 said:

Westmoreland is coming to town friday night! We take vengeance for the hermitage springs qb beating us the past couple years. Hes gone now. 

Couple? try 3 years and could b 4 so im returning to sender cause the stamps are to high for a postman like u.

• Upvote 1