Bryce Wallace Transfers from Marshall to Giles

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 11:52 PM, bolddust281 said:

No son, he's a tight end. His hands are too calloused from the mill to grip and throw a ball. 

On 8/1/2018 at 11:10 PM, bolddust281 said:

Hey, got a serious question for you Giles folks..

Is the county some kind of state wide open zone where you can live wherever and attend school at Giles? I ask because I've got a nephew who's a freshman tight end down here at Squatch co. The boy is already 6'4 and 225 lbs of solid muscle.

The boy's had a part time job at the mill since he was 12, just working a couple nights a week and weekends. that right there shows you he's got a great work ethic, especially since he's too young to join the union. Anyhow, along with picking up all that good stuff, like a work ethic, 401k etc, he's let some of the bad elements rub off on him as well, and he's smoking about a pack of Winstons a day. Hard to fault the boy really, between his job and football and making it to school most days, thats a lot to put on a young man.

The issue we're having is coach has a firm rule about players not burning heaters on the sidelines during games, but in my opinion its pretty unfair to ask a kid to go 2.5, maybe even 3 hours if the game goes into overtime without even one or two smoke breaks like he's accustomed to at work. If coach doesn't bend on this rule, his momma is gonna be looking to get him enrolled somewhere else, and if Giles has this statewide open zone free transfer thing like I've been told, it would be the perfect spot for him.

His momma is a truck driver for Sysco, and her route goes right near Giles co every Sunday evening, so it's kinda perfect. She was figuring on just letting him off and having him stay with teammates or whoever during the week, then swinging down to get him Friday night. I'm guessing y'all have some kind of program where the booster club or whoever pay for an apartment for him, but we're not looking for a handout. He'll have to earn that apartment with his play on the field. He's been brought up right.

I've heard Coach O'Connor is a reasonable man, and  looks out for the players best interest, (unlike what he's been dealing with here in Squatch co) so if we can get the green light on him being able to just be able to have 3-4 cigs a game, I think this might be a great option for him. Any advice is appreciated. Also if anyone has a line on a job, he'd like to keep working at least a couple nights a week. He's already been told if this works out, he's not missing class to work day shift. Not until he produces on the field at least. thanks again in advance for your help.

Now thats funny...:lol:

4 hours ago, bolddust281 said:

We're still in negotiations. Tryin to get the same deal that Wallace boy got.

You don't want the Wallace deal , unless you enjoy picking the weeds from the football field, filming practice, working on Big Joes mowers and having to sweep the field house.  After you make sure the toilets are clean.  Knowing he is scared of heights makes filming from the 15ft tripod a challenge for the dad.  It will all work out in the end. Come on down there are still jobs that need filling.  GO CATS!!!

Edited by dadtimesfive