FORREST AT BGA

GeneralForrest

Forrest was ahead and dominating 7-0 in the first quarter in 2017. Then they gave up 7 unanswered TDs. I was looking for Steve Spurrier on their sidelines.

- Forrest got cocky with an early lead. 

- BGA made adjustments and stopped the run. 

- Forrest could not shut down the QB/WR combo. 

I predict a close game at halftime. Forrest will either impose their will, or will lose the coaching adjustment battle.

My gut tells me BGA 38, Forrest 21. Forrest will play better but it won't be good enough.     

BGA will be better this yr than last. They have 17 Sr more than half have started for 2 yrs. very athletic at skill positions and secondary with several D1 commits and prospects. Same vulnerability as last year as they are a little thin on interior lines. Both DEs are all-state potential #53 and #15 who is a Ga Tech commit. Anyone that plays them better have D1 type athletes in back 7 on defense.

Hey thanks MTG- I appreciate the BGA info.

Forrest, in 2017, minus some dumb mistakes, hung with them for 3 quarters. Then it just got ugly. But I thought the QB and WR were seniors. That WR was 8 feet tall he caught EVERYTHING. 

THAT Forrest team was 80% sophomores and drove down the field on BGA like it was nothing first drive.  

I think there is MASSIVE respect for BGA in Chapel Hill. I predicted a BGA win, so I'm no homer. I do hope Forrest plays better than last year however.  

Edited by GeneralAmerigha

QB and #6 and #8 were Srs last year. QB will be just as good in time and recievers this yr are more athletic than last yr. the guys to watch are #2, 6, 3, 15, 13. # 15 committed to Ga Tech and 225lb rb committed to ETSU, but he won’t play this week. All those guys have D1 and D1AA offers. Like I said the one weakness will be to real power running teams. Only lost last yr to CPA and Lausanne. Both wore BGA down with their power running. Of course they both have backs committed to Ohio St and Michigan. The entire DL returns from last year but depth is a real problem.

No doubt it will be a good test for both. I would imagine Forrest game plan will be to control clock with power run game. If they are big up front as last year, they will have some success. BGA QB will be really good, but it will be his first start so you never know how that will turn out. Another key will be not to punt or kick off to #2. He had a kick off return for a TD in last years game that got called back on a penalty, but he can score anytime he touches it. I think BGA will score enough to win, but Forrest will definitely be in the game, no doubt. BGA is in no way overlooking them.

Forrest's O line is smaller but might be better.  Last year's group was senior laden but was slow and had bad footwork, now that all the votes have been tallied.  They couldn't pass block. Our backs are better than last year. Forrest has 4-5 kids wrestling for state championships every year, and they all play football. No other school our size around can boast that, so the power and grit has always been there. 

BGA? Tall order to go there and win. Looking forward to it though. 

Last season Forrest built a 14-0 after fumbling on first on goal from the 4 yard line before BGA figured out Forrest couldn't pass or stop the pass.  

This BGA team has better skill players than the 2017 squad based on highlights from the Trousdale County scrimmage.  BGA is better than any team in 2A and it will be a good way to see if the FHS defense has improved  vs the spread offense since the Waverly playoff loss. Not sure if they'll put up 62 but they might.