Wk 1- WESTVIEW & DRESDEN

HevyReturns

Dresden's Asst. Coach (long-time head-coach) Scott Hewitt collapsed on sideline 2x tonight, with 2nd time being serious enough to require a trip to hospital. His heart condition was acting up. He was awake & all, but needs prayers & well wishes. And this WAS an emotion filled, back & forth exciting game---  including several going-in-for-a-score plays that didn't make it & the other side gets ball, lots of fine plays on offense & defense for both teams, many crazy penalties and a both-sides bench clearing brawl, teams missing first downs by inches, fumbles for both teams... After dust settled it was 28-20, Lions win. A great game. No, not a flawless precise execution of plays by an unstoppable football machine, but a game with all sorts of good & bad things happening, both teams coming back on the other, and just a really great game of never giving-up. It was made extra fine because our Mighty Lions won. KEEP IT UP DRESDEN- DLU!

Edited by HevyReturns
Misspelled & left out words
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Glad it wa sa good game but hate to read about a brawl.Hopefully nothing serious.If so,I think its a 2 game suspension if fighting.Hate to see Dresden and LC game not be at their best

No one kicked out of the game so you will get all Dresden has. From the radio guys probably should have kicked several kids from both sides out but mainly off setting unsportsmanlike flags. Dresden needs to clear up late hits. Think there were 20+ flags last night in the game.

37 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

No one kicked out of the game so you will get all Dresden has. From the radio guys probably should have kicked several kids from both sides out but mainly off setting unsportsmanlike flags. Dresden needs to clear up late hits. Think there were 20+ flags last night in the game.

LC has some things to work on also.Brushing the punter on about a 4th and 20.Although only a 5 yard penalty.But who knows.Next time could be a 15 yarder.Also on a 4th and about 20,LC touched a Halls player out of bounds.Didnt look like official was going to call it,but Halls crowd roared and he threw it kinda late and gave them a first down.I think LC is fine on offense although they seem to have lost a receiver that moved I think and defense needs some work in a certain spot I noticed.Seems like LC lost one oftheir top defenders for the year as well.So seems like the 10 returners is about 7 now.Think LC will be a tough out but not convinced they are as good as last year.At least on defense.But just one game so I'm sure Dresden and LC will work things out as the season progresses.

Edited by mrbigster