Oneida 1-0 GP 1-0

harley04

8 hours ago, Spike16 said:

That's exactly what I thought! I kept tellin every guy around me that is was a live ball and then they kept sayin since it went into end zone It was a touchback. GP didn't even try to recover it. The ref picked the ball up out of the end zone. I'm like you they still should have had to recover it. Then it would have been a touchback. If Oneida had jumped on it then should been TD

Pros and college you are right but the goal line is a one way barrier in high school. Think about it like a return. You can’t bring one out of the end zone if the ball breaks the plane. Same in a muffed catch. Applies to punts as well. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, kazam37 said:

So.....I went to the game.  What......the Jet fired up, so I flew to the mountains.  I can't help it if I tend to mimic The Nature Boy from time to time.  Plus I needed some herbal plants for work back at the JuJu Hut.....you can only get them in a place called the Dagger's Point.  Another story, another time.

GP was big and looked the part in the pre-game.  One of them strapping lads passed me and I swear the earth shook a little.  However, Lambo had his troops tuned in from the moment they left the bus.  GP has a nice little villa in the hills, and if you look around you can easily get caught up with all the nice things.  That isn't a poke the bear comment either, I am sure the kids up there are quite proud of their facilities.  Just saying the place can be quite intimidating....!

Run....pass....we can argue how it was utilized all evening, but the bottom line is the Tribe did what was most effective at that moment.  #5 was running the heck out of it and so was every other RB we tried.  Even idiots realize if it is working don't fool with it.....and I am certain we can throw better this year.  I have already seen bits and pieces of it, we had a dropped TD that was put right where it should have been.  It was a nice test, and I'm sure Coach Lambert will enjoy the weekend then high tail it back to the bunker to get ready for Wartburg.  Good game boys....!

Kazzanity

Never mind, I have no words lol. 

Edited by crow

Guest Fall101
28 minutes ago, crow said:

Pros and college you are right but the goal line is a one way barrier in high school. Think about it like a return. You can’t bring one out of the end zone if the ball breaks the plane. Same in a muffed catch. Applies to punts as well. 

Yeah I knew you couldn't bring it out but I thought if the ball was touched it was still a live ball. I'll know that from now on but like I said if it's touched I think it should be a live ball.