Clay Co

Bates resigned after the game Friday night, you can’t believe everything you read on CoachT. Bates wasn’t 100% invested in the program because personal reasons, however the new coaches name is Jake Johnson from Monterey and he should fill a void at least for this season and help Clay continue to improve as they have some well rounded athletes on the team. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Bates resigned after the game Friday night, you can’t believe everything you read on CoachT. Bates wasn’t 100% invested in the program because personal reasons, however the new coaches name is Jake Johnson from Monterey and he should fill a void at least for this season and help Clay continue to improve as they have some well rounded athletes on the team. 

I hate it for this coach and the Kids. Sounds like a tough situation!

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I know Jake! Glad he gettin this chance! He was at Jackson County last year and didn’t I see where he was at Macon this year??? When did he come on board at Clay? Pretty sure I seen on His Facebook pretty recent he was at Macon! Congrats Jake! 

9 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Hopefully the real coach gets the opportunity to step back in.This doesnt even sound right,probably a little more than the public needs or should know about.Tough for familys then throw in the public and you have more of a mess.

13 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I seen them play at the Jamboree and felt like they had some decent athletes and might be decent this year.

Coach Johnson is a good hire.  I don’t know the story as to why they lost their coach during the season, but they made a good hire.  Very knowledgeable in the game, seem to connect well with the players (my son loved him), and a good role model for the players.  Great hire in my opinion!!! Hated he left YAI when he did.  Clay County has a new fan in Jamestown.