Mt Juliet vs Lebanon will this be the year

statnerd

I would love to see Coach Gentry and the Blue Devils win this one. Saying that, I think Lebanon is still a couple of years away from being able to compete with the big boys. Until Lebanon's feeder schools get some continuity with their coaching staffs it will be difficult for them. Everyone knows their middle schools are terrible. Give Chuck some say so in the hiring of middle school staffs and things will get better. I doubt that will ever happen though.

8 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

I would love to see Coach Gentry and the Blue Devils win this one. Saying that, I think Lebanon is still a couple of years away from being able to compete with the big boys. Until Lebanon's feeder schools get some continuity with their coaching staffs it will be difficult for them. Everyone knows their middle schools are terrible. Give Chuck some say so in the hiring of middle school staffs and things will get better. I doubt that will ever happen though.

Would be great to see Lebanon win this one. Did Mt Juliet lose a lot from last year? They went undefeated I think right? How good is Hendersonville? We live right near Hendersonville but I really don’t keep up with them besides what’s in paper and I know they got new coach? 

I've seen both teams. Lebanon against TC in person and Mt. Juliet against Overton on film.

Mt. Juliet wins this game easy. They are good in every phase of the game and have playmakers at every position. This will be a tougher game but still should be a comfortable win.

Lebanon has a very tough defense especially up front against the run. They might keep it close for awhile. But offensively they just don't have the weapons. They had a couple big plays against TC and McGavock and that was pretty much all they done offensively in those games as they scored 16 in each of those games. 16 points and a couple of 60-yard plays with 80 yards on the other 40 plays isn't gonna cut it against Mt. Juliet.

I'm curious to see how well they do under pressure when they get behind.

Mt. Juliet 28

Lebanon 7

2 hours ago, MrFootball71 said:

Mount Juliet wins comfortably, will be 1 of 2 games in the regular season where the starters have to play in the 2nd half.  The Bears opponents are 7-13 so far this year.  The cream puff schedule continues. The next 3 opponents after this week are a combined 1-5.  

They had starters in the 2nd half against Overton.

1 hour ago, 4thandGoal said:

The two main feeder schools WB and WJB flip flop. WJB was a very good middle school program for years until here recently. WB has only been a school for 8 years and the last couple years they have been pretty good winning about 75% of their games.

I think you will see things start to improve for Lebanon simply because if they can consistently be a playoff team and send kids to college programs then more kids will play and opt to go to LHS instead of Friendship Christian. In the last 4-5 years there have been a handful of college caliber talent zoned for Lebanon go to Friendship.

And there will be some coordination between Coach Gentry/LHS and the middle schools but don't expect too much. He sure won't be choosing the staffs. Lebanon is a county school and the main feeder schools are city schools. The city schools aren't gonna hire coaches/teachers based on what a coach from another school district wants for his program.

1 hour ago, Volstate said:

Would be great to see Lebanon win this one. Did Mt Juliet lose a lot from last year? They went undefeated I think right? How good is Hendersonville? We live right near Hendersonville but I really don’t keep up with them besides what’s in paper and I know they got new coach? 

Mt. Juliet has a big program and reloads seemingly every year. They have 87 players on the varsity team (24 Seniors) and last year I believe had around 110-120 varsity/jv altogether. The big prospect they have #44 Grimes is a monster. He was destroying Overton on both sides of the ball. If they get into a close game they can lean on him.

I still think that they will get bounced in the playoffs either 2nd/3rd round by either Blackman or Oakland.

I haven't seen Hendersonville yet but it appears that they are better than last year. I seen them once last year and felt that their coach lost them the game against Lebanon. Terrible playcalling and game management.

14 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Mt. Juliet has a big program and reloads seemingly every year. They have 87 players on the varsity team (24 Seniors) and last year I believe had around 110-120 varsity/jv altogether. The big prospect they have #44 Grimes is a monster. He was destroying Overton on both sides of the ball. If they get into a close game they can lean on him.

I still think that they will get bounced in the playoffs either 2nd/3rd round by either Blackman or Oakland.

I haven't seen Hendersonville yet but it appears that they are better than last year. I seen them once last year and felt that their coach lost them the game against Lebanon. Terrible playcalling and game management.

Roller, What do you think the strengths and weaknesses for MJ are? I have not been to a game in 3 years living up in KY and my son at WKU.

I have heard they have about 34 D-1 prospects and have a talented team. I just haven't seen them play or seen any film.