Cordova at Whitehaven, Week 3

kwc

18 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

My bad kdub....its a busy week in  da haven!!! DL Zion Walker is another waiting to get cleared to play. Haven't got word and Sean yet...did I mention havenview is 3-0 now. Took down Bellevue this pass weekend...but like I said we still working out kinks with transfers and starters out. But hey we will be fine

Yeah, I heard about the win over Bellevue. That was texted to the day of. So Zyon Walker is out. It will be great when we finally get our full compliment of players all on the field at one time.

How has Bryson looked? I know he is going to miss this game and the Lausanne game. But, I wouldn't rush him back either. I don't want to speak negatively. I guess we will just wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Mustang49 said:

I'm a mustang for life. I say cordova wins this game. I will put a wager on this game.

What's up Mustang49. Someone may take you up on that offer. Won't be me though. 

Since you like prognosticating, why don't you hit up the Big Games In Memphis - Week 3 thread, and pick this week's games. I'm interested to see how much you know about high school football in Memphis ... Mr. Mustang for life.

What do you say? I have to warn a brotha ... It ain't easy. You game? It's just for kicks and giggles. Bragging rights, and that kind of stuff. You in?

10 minutes ago, kwc said:

What's up Mustang49. Someone may take you up on that offer. Won't be me though. 

Since you like prognosticating, why don't you hit up the Big Games In Memphis - Week 3 thread, and pick this week's games. I'm interested to see how much you know about high school football in Memphis ... Mr. Mustang for life.

What do you say? I have to warn a brotha ... It ain't easy. You game? It's just for kicks and giggles. Bragging rights, and that kind of stuff. You in?

I will pass on the BGIM. Dont be on here that much. 

So what’s East 2.0... I mean Cordova's team looking like this year? I haven’t heard much about their actual team other than the coaching change and what I read on here about the transfers. Are they run heavy, pass heavy or balanced? How’s that defense looking so far? Ridgeway was a bigger test than expected. I don’t think anyone will be caught sleeping this week. I have full faith that coach Saulsberry will have the team focused and ready to give Cordova another L.

31 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

So what’s East 2.0... I mean Cordova's team looking like this year? I haven’t heard much about their actual team other than the coaching change and what I read on here about the transfers. Are they run heavy, pass heavy or balanced? How’s that defense looking so far? Ridgeway was a bigger test than expected. I don’t think anyone will be caught sleeping this week. I have full faith that coach Saulsberry will have the team focused and ready to give Cordova another L.

They are a well built team. Two speedy receivers in #5 & #6. Both can fly. #5 has a TD catch streak going. Run game is solid. QB is pretty good. OL is BIG and athletic. Their 'D' is also good. Held Southaven to 14 points and put a donut on Soutwind. The offense is balanced, from what I saw last Saturday. 

This will be a  very good game! There is a reason that this is the game of the week in Shelby County / Memphis. They are a 6A contender.

Edited by kwc

23 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

You funny bro lol. This will be a good game. Those young speedy receivers are some serious. The offense to me is the best i have seen from cordova in a long time. The defense have forced a lot of turnovers this year. Last game they forced 4 turnovers. There defense makes plays at the right time of the game. I think this game will come down to special teams and defense. 

9 hours ago, Mustang49 said:

You funny bro lol. This will be a good game. Those young speedy receivers are some serious. The offense to me is the best i have seen from cordova in a long time. The defense have forced a lot of turnovers this year. Last game they forced 4 turnovers. There defense makes plays at the right time of the game. I think this game will come down to special teams and defense. 

If it comes down to special teams and defense we got the edge

12 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

They are going to throw the ball. If the Whitehaven secondary can hold up, they may run away with it. Don’t think Cordova will be able to run the ball very effectively tonight.  

13 hours ago, Mustang49 said:

Do we have a bet?

16 hours ago, Mustang49 said:

I'm a mustang for life. I say cordova wins this game. I will put a wager on this game.

Don't look now Mustang49 ... dannyq has just called you out. You gonna respond to this before game time or not? We all know you are reading this thread today. So, what's it going to be?