Polk vs McMinn Central

Polk04

Since 2015 the Chargers are 6-28.  Central will lose the next 4 games for sure and may end up losing them all again this year.
There are no expectations to win in either McMinn County high school in any sport. The Principals don't care, the AD's don't care, and the current Director of Schools doesn't care. I hope the new Director hired will recognize the importance of athletics and have a set to improve things.

What should he do differently or better? In what ways does he not care? How do you know he doesn't? Just curious what coacht would do to win? I don't think there is a limit on volunteer coaches. Idk why we don't show up and help. What can they do? Since none of us have the time to pitch in, that shows we don't care either.. Thoughts? 

13 minutes ago, BloodCharger said:

What should he do differently or better? In what ways does he not care? How do you know he doesn't? Just curious what coacht would do to win? I don't think there is a limit on volunteer coaches. Idk why we don't show up and help. What can they do? Since none of us have the time to pitch in, that shows we don't care either.. Thoughts? 

First of all, don't ever call me out for not helping. You don't know me. I have it from a very good source that he does absolutely nothing with these boys. My goodness, he coaches the o-line and they literally don't know who to block (both in practice and during the game). I would like to know why you do think he's the man for the job.

29 minutes ago, charger05 said:

First of all, don't ever call me out for not helping. You don't know me. I have it from a very good source that he does absolutely nothing with these boys. My goodness, he coaches the o-line and they literally don't know who to block (both in practice and during the game). I would like to know why you do think he's the man for the job.

Did I quote you? No. Did I call you out? No. I said "we." We bash behind a coacht screen name and it doesn't help at all. I asked a simple question..what should he do differently to improve? You didn't answer. Instead you snapped and took offence. Instead of being a part of the problem be apart of the solution. We don't volunteer our time or sacrifice to help. So I asked, does that mean we don't care either?

I never said he was the man for the job. I do know football. 6 turnovers and 2 for tds was a 28 point swing and hard for any team to overcome. I hate it for the boys but ball security is their responsibility. Just a few observations..You don't rip the qbs helmet off on 3rd and forever on a sack either. 

Everyone wants to point fingers and play the blame game but nobody wants to accept responsibility or be apart of the solution. I may show up Monday and ask to volunteer in some capacity. Would you be interested? You have greater knowledge about coaching football than anyone on this board or in this county. I think we'd do well for this team. 

Irrational response in 5.....4....3.....2....1...

20 minutes ago, BloodCharger said:

Did I quote you? No. Did I call you out? No. I said "we." We bash behind a coacht screen name and it doesn't help at all. I asked a simple question..what should he do differently to improve? You didn't answer. Instead you snapped and took offence. Instead of being a part of the problem be apart of the solution. We don't volunteer our time or sacrifice to help. So I asked, does that mean we don't care either?

I never said he was the man for the job. I do know football. 6 turnovers and 2 for tds was a 28 point swing and hard for any team to overcome. I hate it for the boys but ball security is their responsibility. Just a few observations..You don't rip the qbs helmet off on 3rd and forever on a sack either. 

Everyone wants to point fingers and play the blame game but nobody wants to accept responsibility or be apart of the solution. I may show up Monday and ask to volunteer in some capacity. Would you be interested? You have greater knowledge about coaching football than anyone on this board or in this county. I think we'd do well for this team. 

Again, you don't know me. I never claimed to have greater football knowledge than anyone. Also, I'm not snapping at anyone. Just a little frustrated to know most of these boys, how much effort they give, and how little effort they and other assistant coaches tell me their leader has. Central has rarely had a great seasons and I'm not asking for greatness now...just effort. It's frustrating when a kid gets severely concussed that his head coach won't even get in touch with the family to check on him. Or, when some of these guys see their coach as a father figure, and he refuses to communicate with them off the field...it just bothers me. I could be in the minority, but I feel like when you sign up to be a head coach, and take that little extra county money that comes your way, it requires more than just standing on the sideline.

24 minutes ago, BloodCharger said:

I know there’s some good athletes and big kids over there, so what’s going on, are the kids just not playing football? are they not playing hard? are the coaches not coaching them up?