USJ travels 2 miles to TCA

BigEdMo

54 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

It feels strange for ole Ppride to be over here on tha high society side of Tha T ,think I need me a sweater vest to join this thread!!!! I feel like TCA speed and athleticism  is gonna be a shock an awe type thing for the baby bears !!!!

There is actually a secret, hidden board that is only visible to privates. We maintain this board just for show to keep the unwashed masses complacent.

Normally I have my butler peruse the plebian threads but he's off having my Rolls Royce's door umbrella restitched. It's hard to find good help these days!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Kublah said:

There is actually a secret, hidden board that is only visible to privates. We maintain this board just for show to keep the unwashed masses complacent.

Normally I have my butler peruse the plebian threads but he's off having my Rolls Royce's door umbrella restitched. It's hard to find good help these days!

Hahahahaha. Pride is a good one. He is a vester at heart and just wants to stir the pot. 

Edited by BigEdMo

9 hours ago, Kublah said:

Wait a darn minute,I washed last month,what the heck? You been a lookin in my trailer winders? Dang it now!!!!! Big Ed Mo you know them fancy fellers aren't gonna a let me in that gate at USJ! Your gonna  have to sneak me in the gate in that bentleys trunk of yours ! Haha I think USJ has a bright future ahead but as previously  stated TCA just to much for them this year!! 

Edited by peabodypride

3 hours ago, peabodypride said:

Wait a darn minute,I washed last month,what the heck? You been a lookin in my trailer winders? Dang it now!!!!! Big Ed Mo you know them fancy fellers aren't gonna a let me in that gate at USJ! Your gonna  have to sneak me in the gate in that bentleys trunk of yours ! Haha I think USJ has a bright future ahead but as previously  stated TCA just to much for them this year!! 

;) 

All in good fun, and good luck to Peabody! But I'm not sure how bright the future is for USJ.

--

I watched a few minutes of TCA/Adamsville and now think TCA should be favored by a touchdown. Looks like TCA QB has a good arm and several speedsters to throw it to. Your lines are big enough to hold their own, and the whole team overall just looks more polished and disciplined. Good team this year!

Edited by Kublah

We are less than 24 hours away from kickoff in what I dub THE NEIGHBORHOOD STREET FIGHT. It will be the 19th ever meeting as USJ comes to call on the TCA Lions. A standing room only crowd is highly expected as these two heated rivals saddle up one more time in a rivalry that dates back to 2001.  Last year, USJ won in controversial fashion squeaking out a 35-30 win at USJ.  TCA looks for redemption this season with a team loaded with speed.  

If you can't make the game, TCA radio coverage will be provided by FOX SPORTS JACKSON 105.3fm.  Diamond Dave McCulley and Stan Gerard, aka Reitz Fan, will have the call of the game beginning with The Countdown To Kickoff Pregame Show at 6:30pm central time.  Audio streaming will be available at http://www.foxsportsjackson.com. You can also listen in on your cell phone by calling 605-468-5762.  

As always, I hope you enjoy our broadcast.  

21 hours ago, Kublah said:

;) 

All in good fun, and good luck to Peabody! But I'm not sure how bright the future is for USJ.

--

I watched a few minutes of TCA/Adamsville and now think TCA should be favored by a touchdown. Looks like TCA QB has a good arm and several speedsters to throw it to. Your lines are big enough to hold their own, and the whole team overall just looks more polished and disciplined. Good team this year!

im guessing you haven't seen USJ middle school team ?

Edited by Tnfootball1234

1 hour ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

im guessing you haven't seen USJ middle school team ?

I've heard they're great. Don't put much stock in middle school teams though. You never know how kids will grow (or not). 

There are plenty of talented teams in DII-AA. Will USJ really have more talent than Lausanne and CPA? You can have all the talent in the world but sloppy play will still lose games.

5 minutes ago, Kublah said:

I've heard they're great. Don't put much stock in middle school teams though. You never know how kids will grow (or not). 

There are plenty of talented teams in DII-AA. Will USJ really have more talent than Lausanne and CPA? You can have all the talent in the world but sloppy play will still lose games.

So true about play. Was told the sign of a good coach is not the one who has no talent. It is the coach who has all the talent and can organize them. I think USJ will get it rolling for you guys. But also heard USJ petitioning to down grade to DII-A. That will help also. 

11 minutes ago, warhawk said:

I don't know how middle school got brought into it but TCA did cancel the USJ middle school football game this season, not once but twice, so it looks like they won't play this year. 

As for tonight's game, oskie and Mo will decide the final score. 

As far as middle school let’s take into consideration the number of kids playing. You know how that is now that y’all are trying to down grade to DII-A. Heck don’t down grade. Go ahead and stay with the big boys and compete. So don’t throw rocks at our middle school. With them glass houses. 

Edited by BigEdMo

4 hours ago, warhawk said:

I don't know how middle school got brought into it but TCA did cancel the USJ middle school football game this season, not once but twice, so it looks like they won't play this year. 

As for tonight's game, oskie and Mo will decide the final score. 

Its a safety issue.  TCA knows they are not going to win the game.  They are more concerned about kids getting seriously hurt and then deciding to never play again.  That would most likely happen.  TCA has 4 sixth graders, 6 seventh graders and 4 eighth graders on the team.  They don’t have a kid over 125 lbs.  if USJ only had 14 players with only 4 eighth graders they would want to cancel as well.  USJ beat TCA back in the nineties in HS 70-0 but TCA didn’t cancel.  They won’t cancel in HS in the future either.  The last thing TCA needs is for more kids to quit playing football.  HS team only has 28 players and 16 are Seniors.  Highly unlikely TCA will play USJ next year.  I’ve seen some game clips on USJ’s MS team and they are monsters with some stud athletes.  Why would you even want to play a team that you are going to beat 70-0?