When is the next reclassification?

woodby30

The current alignment is valid through the 2020-2021 school year, so reclassification should take place in 2020.

Regarding Knox-area teams that chose to move up, Carter, Fulton, Gibbs, and Seymour all moved up to 5A. Carter and Seymour have struggled, Gibbs has held their own, and Fulton has done extremely well. Had they all stayed in 4A, they likely would have ended up in the same region (with Anderson County and possibly Union County/Grainger). There was also the "threat" of Alcoa moving up to 4A. I think this ended up in a domino effect; once one/two teams moved up, they all jumped. No one wanted to end up AC's situation, or Union County/Grainger's.

In the next classification, if the number of classes remains the same, I expect Seymour to be 5A, based on enrollment. The other three will likely have a choice to make. I wouldn't be surprised to see all three return to 5A, for logistics alone. As a result, Anderson County will have another difficult choice to make, because they'll be staring at a few more years of terrible gates/travel.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:20 PM, osunut2 said:

The current alignment is valid through the 2020-2021 school year, so reclassification should take place in 2020.

Regarding Knox-area teams that chose to move up, Carter, Fulton, Gibbs, and Seymour all moved up to 5A. Carter and Seymour have struggled, Gibbs has held their own, and Fulton has done extremely well. Had they all stayed in 4A, they likely would have ended up in the same region (with Anderson County and possibly Union County/Grainger). There was also the "threat" of Alcoa moving up to 4A. I think this ended up in a domino effect; once one/two teams moved up, they all jumped. No one wanted to end up AC's situation, or Union County/Grainger's.

In the next classification, if the number of classes remains the same, I expect Seymour to be 5A, based on enrollment. The other three will likely have a choice to make. I wouldn't be surprised to see all three return to 5A, for logistics alone. As a result, Anderson County will have another difficult choice to make, because they'll be staring at a few more years of terrible gates/travel.

ac wont make that jump to 5a. logistics i understand, but they will go from a cupcake schedule/10-0 every year to actually having to play quality teams and probably no shot at state.

I am thinking (could be wrong) that a couple of Williamson County schools may move up due to enrollment increase:  Summit & Nolensville.  Possible Page in a 2 year span.  Also, these schools may choose to move up to 6A.  I am sure the WilCo folks would love to have an all WilCo region.  Looking at their region, if those 2/3 move up, what would happen to Dickson County?  They are currently the smallest 6A school in state.  Would they move DIckson if they stay 6A or where would they go in 5A if they get bumped back to 5A.  For years, they were in the old Clarksville Region/Distict.  Seems natural to go back there due to old natural rivalries and location.  Would Dyer County go back to a West TN region?  Also,  If the new school in Rutherford County opens before reclassification, they would probably be in 6A as well. Will they try to reunite the Rutherford County schools into one super region? It will be interesting to see what will happen.

5 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I guess you forgot Greeneville is ALSO 4A 

I think hatter was referring to the region AC currently plays in. Not exactly a murder's row.

Now that Matt Lowe is back at Powell, I'd love to see AC back on the Panthers' schedule. No love lost there.

Edited by osunut2