Lebanon at Hendersonville

CommandoPride1478

1 minute ago, steelcityroller said:

They have 5-6 players that good on defense. I believe that 4 of them either are already commits or have offers. Hence the 6 turnovers and Mt. Juliet only scoring 14 points.

They aren't that good at all on offense. Chandler Crite is the only weapon they have on offense. They have a young RB that is gonna be good but he isn't there yet.

Their coach said it in the paper this week when asked about it and said that they put emphasis on defense and that they fill out their defensive depth chart first before they worry about the offense. And they don't like to play kids both ways unless they absolutely feel its necessary. Crite and Logue are the only players that I've seen that play both ways.

If Hendersonville can get their offense going then yeah this could get ugly.

Thanks for the insight. If Hendersonville plays like they did last week, they don’t lose another game in the regular season. QB ran the offense nearly to perfection last week. If they get it going, it can get ugly. 

• Like 1

I believe the Commandos have the battle in the trenches won on both sides of the ball in this game. It all starts up front .  That being said I believe it will be close early on but think Hendersonville takes a 2 score lead in the in the close of the 3rd qtr and the blue devils struggle there after. I am glad to see Lebanon turning the corner so quickly with their program as I believe it will make the region as a whole better playing stronger competition throughout the year .... Go Commandos

16 hours ago, eers said:

Ok. This makes me ask, if they have 5-6 players on defense that will play on Saturdays, how did they lose to MJ with 6 turnovers? Is MJ just that good to overcome that or are people maybe giving Lebanon too much credit?

Thisnis a real question and I’m in no way talking bad about Lebanon. I do personally think people are a bit premature in thinking Lebanon has taken the step to beat good teams consistently. I still believe they finish 7-3 which is a huge step in the right direction. 

That said, I don’t think this game will be close. 

they were good enough to handily take Beech down in the Jamboree 14-0

13 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I believe the Commandos have the battle in the trenches won on both sides of the ball in this game. It all starts up front .  That being said I believe it will be close early on but think Hendersonville takes a 2 score lead in the in the close of the 3rd qtr and the blue devils struggle there after. I am glad to see Lebanon turning the corner so quickly with their program as I believe it will make the region as a whole better playing stronger competition throughout the year .... Go Commandos

Lebanon is building a program right now. Which is why they have it set up the way they do with all the best players on the defensive side of the ball. They feel that is the easiest way for them to win enough games to hopefully get local interest and kids to come out and play.

My concern for them is that I forsee a dropoff after this year. This year fell really well for Lebanon. They have a good deal of talent and many of the teams they play are also in down years (McGavock, Lavergne, Antioch and Rossview) having lost alot of starters from the previous year. These same teams will be better next year. And Lebanon will have lost most of their key starters.

So if this team falls off next year and goes back to only winning 3 games for a season or two how will that impact the program's growth?

3 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Lebanon is building a program right now. Which is why they have it set up the way they do with all the best players on the defensive side of the ball. They feel that is the easiest way for them to win enough games to hopefully get local interest and kids to come out and play.

My concern for them is that I forsee a dropoff after this year. This year fell really well for Lebanon. They have a good deal of talent and many of the teams they play are also in down years (McGavock, Lavergne, Antioch and Rossview) having lost alot of starters from the previous year. These same teams will be better next year. And Lebanon will have lost most of their key starters.

So if this team falls off next year and goes back to only winning 3 games for a season or two how will that impact the program's growth?

I think that becomes relative conversation for sure as they approach offseason. But like you mentioned they are building a program.  Biggest detractor in any school at any level, is can the coaches coach up players and win games.  I think if they fare very well this year they will peak enough interest for a few younger players decide to play ball there instead of somewhere else.  If they peak enough college interest  it will help them as well,as little johnny that is talented player is not getting looks at 2a -3a schools transfers in. Yes I know people will argue that coaches will find talent regardless where it is. The issue with that statement is that some 2 a schools can be dominant against weaker talent. That same all-star may just be avg or above avg in 4a  5a ball. If you are playing at the top of your classification and having success, you will get more looks just by nature of the game. 

8 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

they were good enough to handily take Beech down in the Jamboree 14-0

MJ is more than 14 points better than Beech, but with 6 turnovers it’s hard to beat any good team.  I assure you if they have that many turnovers against Hendersonville it’s a loss. 

Back on topic, Hendersonville is more than 14 points better than Lebanon. Hendersonville has one loss at this point and may very well finish 9-1. I really don’t think people are giving them enough credit and I’m not sold on Lebanon just yet. Kudos on the direction they’re going with the program, but they’re just not there yet. They will likely finish 7-3/8-2 this year thanks to many opponents being down, but that’s exactly what they needed for where they’re at. 

14 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

Still think that Lebanon has a good chance in this one. Those 6 turnovers that MJ committed had a lot to do with the aggressive LHS defense, IMO. Lebanon will be staring down the possibility of a 9-1 season if they pull this one out. The Region is very down this year. 

Not sure that I would say the region is very down.  Its just the have and have nots (like most regions).  3 VERY good teams and 3 not so good teams.  Rossview is down but Lebanon is way up.  SC and WC seem to be about where they always are.  SC is getting better (D is pretty solid) and WC seems to be getting worse. I think SC gets the 4th playoff seed.

Anyway...I agree this should be a great game with both times having a great chance to win.  Turnovers will play a huge factor for sure.  Hopefully HHS can keep that aggressive Lebanon D from causing any.....will be a challenge for sure.

4 hours ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Not sure that I would say the region is very down.  Its just the have and have nots (like most regions).  3 VERY good teams and 3 not so good teams.  Rossview is down but Lebanon is way up.  SC and WC seem to be about where they always are.  SC is getting better (D is pretty solid) and WC seems to be getting worse. I think SC gets the 4th playoff seed.

Anyway...I agree this should be a great game with both times having a great chance to win.  Turnovers will play a huge factor for sure.  Hopefully HHS can keep that aggressive Lebanon D from causing any.....will be a challenge for sure.

That's a very good point. I should have said that there's not a ton of parity in the region, because as you said, the top three teams are very strong. After that, it falls off a cliff pretty sharply. I think you're correct on calling SC as the 4th playoff team, as well.