5AAA Predictions

Dadof23

3 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

So it 6v7 then that winner vs east ham and 4v5 winner against cleveland and then 6v3 winner against Bradley?  With the double bye Bradley is guaranteed in semis but who will th ey play. If that format is correct they could play McMinn in finals unless they reseed

I am not aware of a double bye, unless they are changing things up. Normally it’s 2v7, 3v6, 4v5. None of the bottom teams can beat any of the top 4 right now.

2 hours ago, Dadof23 said:

2 vs 3/6,7

1 vs 4/5

There is no way possible for Bradley to play McMinn in the finals.  They will play in the semis which based on the regular season matchups it has been the toughest test for the Bearettes.

Because if hennesseey and few other great girls. They could be the team that dethrones Bradley in the district next year with only 2 players as seniors

I've seen McMinn play several games this year and I just don't see them being a threat like many of you are indicating. They have the talent no doubt, but their play has been inconsistent most of the season. Hennessee only missed one game that I'm aware of. Other than beating Cleveland last night, McMinn lost both games to Bradley and both games to East Hamilton and split with Cleveland. Both losses to East Hamilton were by 20+ points.  In the loss to East Hamilton in Athens just a few days ago, McMinn fell behind by 20 points in the first quarter and were trailing 32-8 at halftime. McMinn struggled with lowly Ooltewah just a couple weeks ago, finally winning by 5 points. So, for every good game they've played, there's a  number of games they've underperformed.  Last year they finished 4th during the regular season - with the same girls playing this year as well as another young lady who's now playing at Tennessee Wesleyan - and they lost to a lower seeded team in their first district tourney game, ending their season!!! I'd love to see McMinn play up to their potential, but history tells me they won't make it past the first region game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even after McMinn loses to bradley they are still in region tournament where they very well could play bradley for a 4th time in region final if they can win in stone memorial. I'm guessing Bradley, npmcminn, stone and either east ham or Cookeville make region semis at Bradley. Other than Bradley, every other team is pretty evenly matched though. I can see 2 region 3 teams making state if one of them upsets Riverdale or probably Blackman. It'll probably be Blackman coming to smiddy arena and stone going to riverdale