2018 Cornersville Bulldogs

Jobres76

Just wanting to get some thoughts. Last year's state runner up team was good and at times lucky. This year's team in my opinion is scary good. Yes the opponents on the schedule are less than stellar, but when you look at the three teams behind Cornersville in region 5, I believe the combined records are 14-4. 

Edited by Jobres76

12 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Just wanting to get some thoughts. Last year's state runner up team was good and at times lucky. This year's team in my opinion is scary good. Yes the opponents on the schedule are less than stellar, but when you look at the three teams behind Cornersville, I believe the combined records are 14-4. Just wanting to get some thoughts.

Are you talking about the three teams behind Cornersville in their region? 

Edited by cherokee23

1 minute ago, Jobres76 said:

Just wanting to get some thoughts. Last year's state runner up team was good and at times lucky. This year's team in my opinion is scary good. Yes the opponents on the schedule are less than stellar, but when you look at the three teams behind Cornersville, I believe the combined records are 14-4. Just wanting to get some thoughts.

Keep playing tough D and they will be fine. It’s nice to see them disappointed when the other team gets a first down. 

2 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

That's tough. I would have to say a toss up between 3 teams based on record, all of which Cornersville shut out. 2A Eagleville at 4-2, region foes Moore county 4-2 and Mt Pleasant at 5-1

From those three teams, I would say probably Mt Pleasant I’m guessing. Moore county just seems to not have the fire power needed to get the job done. Remember them having a pretty decent sized back but was just a slower style team. For Mt. Pleasant I’ve just gone off the record and comments as well. Seems similar to GB schedule. Haven’t played many good teams this year. Seems like teams keep going downhill. 

1 hour ago, ZEBRA35 said:

I'm guessing you wont play anyone until Round 3 at Huntingdon. Expect both teams to be undeafeated and a knock down drag out war! CAN'T WAIT!

I am hoping both make it that far and have no slip ups. Undefeated on the "magic carpet" correct? Would be nice to have the opportunity to hand the first loss out. Whether it happens or not, it will be a great game like last year, if and when it happens. Fayetteville city up next.

9 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

You will get to see what a real stadium and top notch field looks like with real goal posts not ones the shop class made 100 years ago

The Cornersville kids should be ashamed to have hosted the high and mighty Mustangs on such a field in the playoffs last year...then to have had the gall to send you back to your pigskin palace with the "L"...how uncouth!!!

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 1