Dresden @ South Fulton

HevyReturns

On 9/27/2018 at 6:54 PM, HevyReturns said:

I have come to believe this Dresden team is not the same as former teams of recent years, or even last year, and the root problem is NOT the players fault imo. As in a business, there is a trickle down effect, and a problem at a business is ultimately a management/owner's problem. The buck starts, & stops at the top. A business takes on the "essence" of it's owner & managers, even so is this true in sports. A business, a sport's team, a ship's crew, a school, a church, even a family is the reflection of it's leader(s). It's just plain facts, not being mean or an agitator. If we lose to SF (but no way that happens), you might see a large ground-swell and grassroot efforts by the Lion Nation faithful (players & parents, alumni, fans, & community leaders) to consider getting new management before things get too catastrophic. But I am hoping & believing the Lions will get back on track this week, and win out the rest of our region games. If not, it would be very uncaring, unwise, & unprofitable to turn a blind eye to the obvious root problems and leave the same staff in place. We'd remain bogged down & spinning our wheels in the rut & mudpit we're now in if things stay the same (as far as staff goes). And it's not just the W-L record, but it's how the players are playing, the philosophy they have, belief's and habits, attitudes, & style of play, all of which comes from the top down imho. But I see better days ahead for Dresden no matter what happens, or what it will take. I'm sure the Lion Nation will see to it that things improve, yes they will. 

Well....what now?

3 minutes ago, mustangpop2012 said:

Well....what now?

The growing grassroots opinion is... time for another coach. The sooner the better. I have held off long enough, and tried being upbeat & positive & supportive no matter what. But to close your eyes & deny the blatantly obvious of what needs to be done, that is just crazy. It's hard & tough when all the evidence & tests are in, and the doctors say, Sorry, you have cancer. You must have this surgery now... and this is the clear need I think... and many others to. It is what it is.. and my hope & prayer is that all the "decision makers" at Dresden will think of our future, and the big picture. It's crushing and ripping at my heart to say all this, but the truth is the truth. And there is a petition I understand out there to get this process started. Better days can be ahead for Dresden, and will be IF, & ONLY IF the higher ups do what clearly needs done. If they don't, it is no telling how long this demise in Dresden will continue. Maybe back to being bottom feeders & everyone's easy-win homecoming game. If they step up & man up and do the right thing, I have no doubt the proper man will be found to coach our Lions back to the top. What is happening now, the only cure & remedy is a drastic, immediate, & painful surgery.   It may hurt now, but wait until you see how we heal up and recover. IF the tough decisions are made! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

The growing grassroots opinion is... time for another coach. The sooner the better. I have held off long enough, and tried being upbeat & positive & supportive no matter what. But to close your eyes & deny the blatantly obvious of what needs to be done, that is just crazy. It's hard & tough when all the evidence & tests are in, and the doctors say, Sorry, you have cancer. You must have this surgery now... and this is the clear need I think... and many others to. It is what it is.. and my hope & prayer is that all the "decision makers" at Dresden will think of our future, and the big picture. It's crushing and ripping at my heart to say all this, but the truth is the truth. And there is a petition I understand out there to get this process started. Better days can be ahead for Dresden, and will be IF, & ONLY IF the higher ups do what clearly needs done. If they don't, it is no telling how long this demise in Dresden will continue. Maybe back to being bottom feeders & everyone's easy-win homecoming game. If they step up & man up and do the right thing, I have no doubt the proper man will be found to coach our Lions back to the top. What is happening now, the only cure & remedy is a drastic, immediate, & painful surgery.   It may hurt now, but wait until you see how we heal up and recover. IF the tough decisions are made! 

That all seems to be a bit dramatic to me sir. It’s high school football at the 1A level and you were hit by the injury bug on your big time player. Granted there have been personal fouls that shouldn’t happen but sir that’s been happening for years in Dresden. Heck we (Huntingdon) played there one year and your assistant coach cussed one our kids and was flipping us off as we walked off the field. Your rants and petitions do nothing but drive the stake deeper into the kids that go out every Friday night and put it on the line so the YOU can get on here and talk about them. This ain’t your first losing season and won’t be your last. 

24 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Yates was the one man show and if doesn’t get hurt this conversation doesn’t exist! Sorry but that’s the truth if Yates is healthy y’all are 5-1 and looking to the playoffs! FACT

This is true but the way our current coach treats the boys is what most of us are upset about. Winning and losing is an afterthought for most of us. Look at how Dresden has been talked about this year. "You deserve this" and "Dresden is always dirty". We do not want that reputation anymore. This coach has only made things worse. Kids flipping each other off, yelling at coaches. All I have heard and seen from him is total disrespect for the boys. Yelling and cussing them is no way to teach high school boys how to be men. Football to most of us is about teaching these boys hard work, humility, and how to handle success/ failure the right way. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DresdenPride said:

This is true but the way our current coach treats the boys is what most of us are upset about. Winning and losing is an afterthought for most of us. Look at how Dresden has been talked about this year. "You deserve this" and "Dresden is always dirty". We do not want that reputation anymore. This coach has only made things worse. Kids flipping each other off, yelling at coaches. All I have heard and seen from him is total disrespect for the boys. Yelling and cussing them is no way to teach high school boys how to be men. Football to most of us is about teaching these boys hard work, humility, and how to handle success/ failure the right way. 

Ok haven’t seen y’all since week 3 and the way you guys beat us it was high times! Have no idea since week 3? At the LC game it was a celebration 

FACTS are there is much more to this story than T'ers know. The browbeating, negativity, rants, character assassinations, insults, out-of-control yelling & screaming, and de-inspiring & demotivational methods (in locker-room & practices) that our current coach's heap upon this team of amazing young men MUST be stopped! It would be a huge injustice to ignore these facts and allow our players to keep suffering under the current system. Those on the perifery and outskirts looking from far off and commenting out of ignorance will do our team more harm than anyone. Of course Dresden haters love to see this happening to our program, and want things to keep getting worse by allowing things to deteriorate more & more if we remain as is. But those in Dresden with more info than posters on here (who are on the outside looking in), & who care enough about all of Dresden's players, future, & even community, we feel it's time to say what needs said. We have a "cancer" which must be dealt with. Even if we were undefeated & ranked #1 and our coaches were doing this, then the same conversation would be happening (& now the naysayers will really go wild in disbelief). THAT is the truth. Those are the facts. Time will reveal all. Plus... every anti-Dresden poster has been saying we have a history of bad practices and bad coaching, unending fouls & penalties (even in our winning seasons), undisciplined play, and because of all this karma is now kicking our butts (& rightfully so).. well... guess what? WE AGREE! YOU'RE CORRECT! SPOT ON! AND NOW IT'S TIME TO CHANGE! TO LIVE UP TO OUR POTENTIAL! TO CREATE AN INSPIRING, RESPECTED, COMPETITIVE PROGRAM THAT HELPS MOLD THESE PLAYERS INTO MORE THAN SIMPLY GOOD PLAYERS, BUT HELP THEM BECOME AWESOME PEOPLE AFTER THIS GAME, TO INSPIRE THEM TO DO GREAT THINGS IN WHATEVER PATHD THEY CHOOSE. SO YES, DRESDEN LIONS NEED TO REPENT OF OUR PAST WAYS & PRACTICES AND MAKE THE NECESSARY POSITIVE CHANGES. WE MUST DIG UP THESE POISONOUS TREES & PLANTS FROM OUR PAST AND IN IT'S PLACE TO PLANT WORTHY, GOOD SEEDS THAT WILL BEAR AWESOME FRUIT. YES, IT IS VERY MUCH TIME TO CHANGE...WE HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT, & ARE NOW SAYING PUBLICLY WHAT HAS BEEN PRAYERFULLY, CAREFULLY, & INTENSELY DISCUSSED BACK & FORTH. TIME TO CHANGE... as so many in the world of HS football have said for so long. And now we agree, WE AGREE.. and thus we are trying to have a great, positive, inspiring, awesome program that all our parents & players are proud of, and other teams enjoy playing us (even proud to do so), and all the referees enjoy calling our games. We are now the program others point to and say, "Wow! Now that is how to have a great, awesome, football program". ... And these steps toward change & positivity, toward divorcing our current & future players from our penalty-filled, undisciplined, & embarrassing tactics, NO MORE of this junk, it's time to change. And still the haters hate, naysayers criticize, and anti-Dresden mobs smear what we are trying to do. WAKE UP T'ers! What you wise folk have pointed out as being inherently wrong, systemically broken, and the harmful tactics that injure Dresden and those we play... WE SEE IT, WE SAY IT'S TIME TO CHANGE, AND WE ARE TRYING TO DO SO. So why criticize? Question? Spin this negatively & falsely into something it isn't. You should be jumping on board with both feet saying "Full Steam Ahead". We are wanting to do what has been wisely suggested by others for quite a while now.  We are agreeing & now seeking to repair & cure the mess we are in. Readers should br ecstatic! When, oh when will these naysayers see the truth? Time will tell. Meanwhile, there is a train started called Dresden Needs New Coaching. And we'll see just how full that train becomes when the silent majority, who at the moment are quietly watching... and they'll see that the time they have hoped for, wished for, & wanted is now upon us. The moment is here. The time is now. And those agreeing with all this are here too, & they know the truth of all this. And realize the importance of this moment. Of course it won't be easy, it will be hard & difficult, some will misunderstand & disagree for whatever reason(s), but this needed change will be worth it! Love for all of our Lions, for the whole team, and an understanding of the big picture and ultimate results motivate us. We are wanting to go from worst to first.. from being at the bottom of penalty ridden games, undisciplined tactics, unsportsmanlike history, uncalled-for arrogant "stunts" & "digs" we've done after good plays, an unwholesome disrespect for other teams and even referees, ... ALL these negative stunts that have happened, WE WANT IT TO STOP! (And so have masses of CoachT'ers challenged us to do!) And instead of this bad stuff we eagerly want  to have a coach & system that will do all the helpful & good football tactics & habits. This positive, disciplined, classy sportsmanshop style of play is what we want to be known for. Our reputation & legacy. It's possible! It's essential! It's necessary! ...and it should be a cause & event that almost everyone should support & then they help spread this good news all over. How anyone could be against this is beyond me. Boggles my brain. Which is overtaxed now, so I outta here for awhile. 

P.S. CoachT'ers, if you would simply stop knee-jerking your reactions. Then pause. Read what is said  (instead of an instant emotional retort). Research the whole issue. Ponder the motives and end result of it all. And above all think of what is best for each & every player, for their families, and everyone in the community. And hopefully you'll see the light. But maybe you wont. We all will see soon enough, won't we?

Edited by HevyReturns
Typos, left out stuff by pushing wrong key.
  • Like 1

By the way, these things being said are NOT being done suddenly, nor in a knee-jerk over-reaction because of some personal axe to grind, nor is it a solo-fan wanting to cause trouble or out to get anyone, or any of that junk. Just the opposite. And I am convinced those who cast such negative motives upon those of us saying these truths, they probably do so because this is what they know to be true about themselves. They think others are like themselves and thus interpret others motives & intentions thru this filter of who they are. It's the principle of: Thieves think everyone steals like they do. Adulterers think everyone is unfaithful too. Lazy loafers believe all folk are like them. Thus the misspoken statements about this tough, rough, difficult, and even unwanted conversation. It is not enjoyable nor easy to say & do. But sadly, it is time to do so, again, that is IF people care about what is happening to our players. However, If it is about family connections, personal friendships,  "political correctness" (if you will), keeping a few local & "influential" families happy by maintaining this status quo, and even being afraid to say anything lest it rocks the boat of those few "connected" families & "power" people... well, those folk will show their colors too. Say what you will, think what you want, believe whatever you wish... and though not easy at all, there is a great comfort & even fearless boldness in knowing what you say is true, knowing what your intentions & motives are, and knowing that what is being said & done is not a rash, impulsive, & mean-spirited "attack" but rather is the best route & needed cure for our players, future, & community. Even when it is more difficult & soul-wrenching than mere readers & curious onlookers will ever know, I dare to share because I care. And I am not alone, nor a crazed minority of one, nor acting in a sudden, emotional, unthoughtful rant. Just the opposite. Simple Facts. Simple Truth. 

2 hours ago, mustangpop2012 said:

That all seems to be a bit dramatic to me sir. It’s high school football at the 1A level and you were hit by the injury bug on your big time player. Granted there have been personal fouls that shouldn’t happen but sir that’s been happening for years in Dresden. Heck we (Huntingdon) played there one year and your assistant coach cussed one our kids and was flipping us off as we walked off the field. Your rants and petitions do nothing but drive the stake deeper into the kids that go out every Friday night and put it on the line so the YOU can get on here and talk about them. This ain’t your first losing season and won’t be your last. 

And that very coach got to coach one more game (from the press box), and he instantly wasn’t considered for the head coaching job the next season, despite influential people trying to pull strings. Keep in mind his brother was the coach. Yeah, we gladly waved goodbye to him. I’m still embarrassed that happened, and we LITERALLY had some of the Dresden power circle getting on here and trying to make excuses for him. You remain humble during the thrill of victory and in the agony of defeat. Cussing kids and coaches that out-coached you every is truly pathetic, and revealing  your shortcomings to somebody that beat you. It was pure envy and jealousy. That was sickening.

Edited by Envoy

I hate to hear what all is going on over there. One of my good buddies from college has a cousin on that team, and I occasionally see him. I knew Saturday night when we went out and ate and he was telling me all the stuff that goes on during and after practice that this man is not right for the job... he has taken the love of football out of the young man, and for any hs coach especially football to do that is pretty sad. 

• Upvote 1