Knox Catholic @ Rhea County

ADS1

A win for Rhea will secure at least 2nd place in the region and a home playoff game. Considering how banged up Rhea is, we are playing alright. Last week was a good performance by the offense, but putting the ball on the ground is a killing us. Up until last week the defense hasn’t given up many points, but the competition also got tougher last week. We can play solid on defense and have another good performance on offense we can beat Catholic. We can’t turn the ball over and expect to win. Also we won the appeal on Colton Edwards so he can play this week. 

Edited by Rhea Co.

12 hours ago, HTV said:

Meh.  Very few people outside of Catholic and Rhea County supporters give a rats #### about this game.

Next, please.  

Then why bother to comment??? I generaly enjoy your posts but show some class bro...

Next please....

Edited by RCfan
  • Like 1

Catholic is really down. They have not beaten a quality team. We haven't either and have struggled with penalties, fumbles, and what appear to be mental mistakes. With Catholic's starting QB injured and the beating they took last week, I just don't see them being  able to come in here and get a win. We may not be where some thought we would at this point and this team has not performed as some thought they would, but don't give up hope. We'll get the win and still have a good chance of winning the region and winning a first-round playoff game.

22 hours ago, HTV said:

Sometimes the truth hurts, doesn't it?  

You know, I see a good hard nosed game.  If you don't want to leave Knoxville, and all of the following of Alcoa and Maryville (Blount County), that is fine.  I refuse to stoop to the childish rubbish.  If you want to talk football speak up, if you want to talk trash get on Topix. 

I really like the way Rhea County has been bringing along the team.  Starting to get the offense rolling.  Kaylor/Garmany are really blowing people up running up the middle.  Smith/Pemberton are starting to run with more elusiveness and speed.  Line seemed to be clicking a little more.  We need to clean up the penalties, and work on pass defense for the passing plays.  Defensive backs are gaining more valuable experience, while looking like they can actually turn their around and play pass defense.  D-line appears to getting more pressure than earlier in the year.  We'll see.  Should be a great game.

How's Catholic looking?  I heard someone say that their QB got dinged up, is he going to get to play tonight?

3 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

You know, I see a good hard nosed game.  If you don't want to leave Knoxville, and all of the following of Alcoa and Maryville (Blount County), that is fine.  I refuse to stoop to the childish rubbish.  If you want to talk football speak up, if you want to talk trash get on Topix. 

I really like the way Rhea County has been bringing along the team.  Starting to get the offense rolling.  Kaylor/Garmany are really blowing people up running up the middle.  Smith/Pemberton are starting to run with more elusiveness and speed.  Line seemed to be clicking a little more.  We need to clean up the penalties, and work on pass defense for the passing plays.  Defensive backs are gaining more valuable experience, while looking like they can actually turn their around and play pass defense.  D-line appears to getting more pressure than earlier in the year.  We'll see.  Should be a great game.

How's Catholic looking?  I heard someone say that their QB got dinged up, is he going to get to play tonight?

We're on our third string QB. Jancek was the starting QB but broke his ankle in the second game. At one point against Brentwood we had 6 freshman in the game on offense. We've lost both starting safeties, QB and our top returning WR plus a RB. We were at a point in the Cleveland game where we were down to backup-backup-backup holder and had to run a little on-the-spot audition.  That's not counting the other "minor" injuries from being dinged up. What we do have at this time is a loaded line and some freshman that are pretty impressive.

14 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

What we do have at this time is a loaded line and some freshman that are pretty impressive.

Yeah... I would have to agree with that assessment of your team.

Your "studs" may be hurt but y'all got plenty of stallions. 

If the report I got is accurate then you guys started 5 freshmen on offense tonight - both receivers, center, quarterback and running back - WOW!! and they got better as the game went on. Very impressive group. 

Eagles on the other hand not so impressive. Better get it together before the Soddy game.