AP POLL CLASS 1A OCT 1 2018

Southtowner

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Go back and read my previous post where I said he was a great kid and and a good player.  I have said that several times. I have in no way “undermined” the young man and don’t appreciate you insinuating so. I’m glad you can watch film. I was told first hand by people in Alcoa that are very close to the team he left because Alcoa was stacked at running back and he wanted more playing time. And as far as “the transfer thing” I have no idea what you are talking about or trying to say not do I care. It’s just my opinion that I don’t think the kid will be All-State as a running back this year or play college ball as a running back. I hope I am wrong though and wish the kid well no matter what picture you try to paint. 

Coming in this late in the year he would be hard pressed to make all state,one reason is we are so balanced i dont see any back having a 800 yard season in four regular season games for us because we throw it around quiet a bit.If he does then give it to him.lol.

11 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Go back and read my previous post where I said he was a great kid and and a good player.  I have said that several times. I have in no way “undermined” the young man and don’t appreciate you insinuating so. I’m glad you can watch film. I was told first hand by people in Alcoa that are very close to the team he left because Alcoa was stacked at running back and he wanted more playing time. And as far as “the transfer thing” I have no idea what you are talking about or trying to say not do I care. It’s just my opinion that I don’t think the kid will be All-State as a running back this year or play college ball as a running back. I hope I am wrong though and wish the kid well no matter what picture you try to paint. 

Well buddy film don’t lie. People do. Film don’t have opinions, people do. So I’m gonna stick with the truth that he was the top rusher in the state game last year and started games this year because I seen it “first hand” on film. So unless my eyes are going crazy, which they shouldn’t be yet, he’s an All-State RB especially in 1A. Am I saying that they are gonna give him All-State? Not exactly because he’ll have at the max 8 games to play the rest of the season. But if he performs the way I’ve seen him perform, then he is definitely All-State whether they give it to him or not.

Edited by cherokee23

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Yes he was,he was also leading rusher in Championship game last year.Im curious why it matters to some,i know your just following up with Bpm.In 1A ball he would have been an all state player every year 4.5 forty is pretty fast not real fast but pretty fast.Joking aside the kid is a ball player and would help ANY team he went to.

Oh I have no doubt that your right about ANY team would benefit from him being there. Yes, I was replying to Bpm and like I said, GB was already a good team before the transfer! 

Like I said before, some people try to make it a big thing when a team gets transfers. Just put the boys out their and tell them to strap it up tight and play ball! Who cares who’s running or lined up in front of you! 

7 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Yeah but to be the leading rusher for Alcoa the boy is better than good. I’d say GB definitely benefits from his transfer but it wasn’t like GB wasn’t already the team to beat anyway. 

Eventually some time this year I hope to see GB play....

He is better than good you are correct.Good on 3A Alcoas monster means freakin good in 1A ball.Watch his hudl kids is impressive.He did put some weight on during the off season but that just makes him harder to tackle.He is faster than Gilbert but Gilbert was a freaken beast and would run threw people.I am anxiuos to see the new addition Fri.

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Oh I have no doubt that your right about ANY team would benefit from him being there. Yes, I was replying to Bpm and like I said, GB was already a good team before the transfer! 

Like I said before, some people try to make it a big thing when a team gets transfers. Just put the boys out their and tell them to strap it up tight and play ball! Who cares who’s running or lined up in front of you! 

Thats the way i was coached and thats the way my boys were coached.What was it Rick Flair would say...to be the man you have to beat the man.LET EM DROP BOYS AND LETS PLAY!

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

He is better than good you are correct.Good on 3A Alcoas monster means freakin good in 1A ball.Watch his hudl kids is impressive.He did put some weight on during the off season but that just makes him harder to tackle.He is faster than Gilbert but Gilbert was a freaken beast and would run threw people.I am anxiuos to see the new addition Fri.

I agree 100%! In 08 I had the chance to see Alcoa up close and personal! Any kid that lead the team in rushing then decides to transfer down to 1A ball is definitely going to make some noise! I’ve seen his highlights, trust me it gave me heartburn! They aren’t called “The Beast from the East” for nothing! 

I believe GB might be the same in 1A this year! May start associating that nickname with y’all!

I agree 100%! In 08 I had the chance to see Alcoa up close and personal! Any kid that lead the team in rushing then decides to transfer down to 1A ball is definitely going to make some noise! I’ve seen his highlights, trust me it gave me heartburn! They aren’t called “The Beast from the East” for nothing! 

I believe GB might be the same in 1A this year! May start associating that nickname with y’all!

Cant compare to the F5!!Wont even try.

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Thats the way i was coached and thats the way my boys were coached.What was it Rick Flair would say...to be the man you have to beat the man.LET EM DROP BOYS AND LETS PLAY!

Exactly! We all knew GB was still the team to beat just like last year! 

Speaking of which, you remember the long haired kid..lol...little brother isn’t doing so bad this year for SP! Well, he’s got in on some second half games that were already decided but experience is only helping for next year! Not quite the size of his older brother but definitely more speed and less hair! 

Just now, CaptainJackRackam said:

Exactly! We all knew GB was still the team to beat just like last year! 

Speaking of which, you remember the long haired kid..lol...little brother isn’t doing so bad this year for SP! Well, he’s got in on some second half games that were already decided but experience is only helping for next year! Not quite the size of his older brother but definitely more speed and less hair! 

Less hair is more areodynamic!Greasy fast speed.lol.Both my boys got to play against SP in 2010 one started on D a Sr and my youngest was a Sophomore guard.maybe both of yours will get to play against the CHEROKEES!

9 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Less hair is more areodynamic!Greasy fast speed.lol.Both my boys got to play against SP in 2010 one started on D a Sr and my youngest was a Sophomore guard.maybe both of yours will get to play against the CHEROKEES!

Anything is possible hopefully...if not I still have one more on his way up! He’s only 3 so it’s gonna be a while before he gets his chance to wear the Orange and Black!

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

Anything is possible hopefully...if not I still have one more on his way up! He’s only 3 so it’s gonna be a while before he gets his chance to wear the Orange and Black!

Geez you sound like that Jones guy up at Hampton!Are you guys Catholic??LOL.God said be fruitful and multiply and you said ..OK.:roflolk: