AP POLL CLASS 1A OCT 1 2018

Southtowner

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It was my understanding he was the top back from Alcoa. Maybe I’m mistaken. I’m sure if he started for that Beast then he’s good enough to be all state in 1A. 

Yes you were mistaken. And you are mistaken again. He did not start for Alcoa. That is why he left to get more playing time. He was way down on the depth chart. 

53 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes you were mistaken. And you are mistaken again. He did not start for Alcoa. That is why he left to get more playing time. He was way down on the depth chart. 

He left because Alcoa has finally got a QB who can sling it around the field with good receivers and he wasn’t getting as many touches. He definitely wasn’t way down the depth chart. He’s started games for Alcoa. Just watched film. Don’t know if you’re trying to make this transfer deal “not a big thing” to make yourself feel better or whatever you’re doing, but he’s a very good player and he’ll prove to you that he’s an All-State college RB when he gets his shot. Don’t undermine the player. 

6 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

He left because Alcoa has finally got a QB who can sling it around the field with good receivers and he wasn’t getting as many touches. He definitely wasn’t way down the depth chart. He’s started games for Alcoa. Just watched film. Don’t know if you’re trying to make this transfer deal “not a big thing” to make yourself feel better or whatever you’re doing, but he’s a very good player and he’ll prove to you that he’s an All-State college RB when he gets his shot. Don’t undermine the player. 

Don't pay any attention to the big purple buttsniffer.he don't know anything about sports,he was in the band.

9 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I was gonna say, wasn’t it said that he was the leading rusher for Alcoa last year? I might have misunderstood but I thought that was definitely mentioned. 

8 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Go back and read my previous post where I said he was a great kid and and a good player.  I have said that several times. I have in no way “undermined” the young man and don’t appreciate you insinuating so. I’m glad you can watch film. I was told first hand by people in Alcoa that are very close to the team he left because Alcoa was stacked at running back and he wanted more playing time. And as far as “the transfer thing” I have no idea what you are talking about or trying to say not do I care. It’s just my opinion that I don’t think the kid will be All-State as a running back this year or play college ball as a running back. I hope I am wrong though and wish the kid well no matter what picture you try to paint. 

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You are correct he is listed as an Athlete.Alcoas leading rusher last year.Not all state that i know of.

Yeah but to be the leading rusher for Alcoa the boy is better than good. I’d say GB definitely benefits from his transfer but it wasn’t like GB wasn’t already the team to beat anyway. 

Eventually some time this year I hope to see GB play....

5 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I was gonna say, wasn’t it said that he was the leading rusher for Alcoa last year? I might have misunderstood but I thought that was definitely mentioned. 

Yes he was,he was also leading rusher in Championship game last year.Im curious why it matters to some,i know your just following up with Bpm.In 1A ball he would have been an all state player every year 4.5 forty is pretty fast not real fast but pretty fast.Joking aside the kid is a ball player and would help ANY team he went to.