AP POLL CLASS 2A OCT 1 2018

Southtowner

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I know everyone has high hopes this season, I know I do. Look forward to hopefully playing some of the top teams from the East in the playoffs and if we are lucky enough, and good enough, AND healthy enough to meet a West team this year. One injury, and one bad matchup could mean the difference of a win or loss for any team come playoff time.  That being said, I'm curious who everyone has between, Tyner, Trousdale, and Watertown. Which of those makes it to the Semis. Everyone will have an argument Watertown will say they already beat Trousdale, in return Trousdale will say they have a key player return to the lineup that will make the difference. Tyner had no trouble last year Making the semis past the opposing region. Can they do it as easily again? Let me know what you think. I wont talk on region one or 2 yet as I'm not sure who will make it from region one. But I do think Meigs will get first seed from region 2.

Plus TC isn't even ranked..... are kidding me thinking they could make it that far. I think the AP voters are on to something....:grin:

18 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Honestly right now i believe the you gotta put your money on the ole Purple Tigers from Watertown. They are playing lights out. Still question marks with TC and plus they will be on the road for 2 rds if it's God Will they make it that far. Watertown is in the drivers seat with home-field set for all of playoffs....Until they are beat, ill go with them.

I do believe Watertown is the favorite myself looking at scores. They gonna be a handful for anyone I'm sure. But are they that much improved over last year? Last year Tyner beat them in the playoffs 33-22. Marion beat Trousdale 32-14. Marion isn't seemingly as good as last year but doesn't mean they cant pull of an upset. Wasn't suppose to do it last year. Is Tyner as good as last year? I do firmly believe Watertown is better than last year. Meigs was the favorite from region 1 and 2 last year but was beat by Rockwood in the quarters. 

Edited by Imthayeti

16 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I do believe Watertown is the favorite myself looking at scores. They gonna be a handful for anyone I'm sure. But are they that much improved over last year? Last year Tyner beat them in the playoffs 33-22. Marion beat Trousdale 32-14. Marion isn't seemingly as good as last year but doesn't mean they cant pull of an upset. Wasn't suppose to do it last year. Is Tyner as good as last year? I do firmly believe Watertown is better than last year. Meigs was the favorite from region 1 and 2 last year but was beat by Rockwood in the quarters. 

Well granted the field conditions and Keyvont playing and Webster not playing last year. We beat Watertown 42-6 last year, and this year rolls were reversed and Keyvont didn't play and Webster played 3 quarters til he got put out of game, jackets were leading 21-7, Price is the most valuable player in this region, with using the term most valuable, which truly means if you take that player away what happens. As you have seen the Jackets have went 5-2 and lost those 2 games by 5 points without their best player, so truthfully speaking the jackets are still a very good football team without Keyvont. I do believe Watertown would still be 2 if they lost price, but if they lost price, I just don't believe they could beat the jackets. But to answer your question, last year when I started looking ahead, I predicted Tyner to be the team to beat, They were huge and athletes all over the field. Not sure what they have this year, but the jackets have flip flopped from last year, last year we hit our stride right out of the gates, and this year the jackets have seemed to come out at a steady pace and have begun to put on more steam. I'm excited to see all of our athletes and how we are going to use them. I will say this, If and i'm saying if the jackets get by Tyner and Watertown, Swafford better pack him a lunch, because the defense will be bringing the wood, one of the hardest hitting TC teams of past couple years. So would TC host semis if that were to happen?

8 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Well granted the field conditions and Keyvont playing and Webster not playing last year. We beat Watertown 42-6 last year, and this year rolls were reversed and Keyvont didn't play and Webster played 3 quarters til he got put out of game, jackets were leading 21-7, Price is the most valuable player in this region, with using the term most valuable, which truly means if you take that player away what happens. As you have seen the Jackets have went 5-2 and lost those 2 games by 5 points without their best player, so truthfully speaking the jackets are still a very good football team without Keyvont. I do believe Watertown would still be 2 if they lost price, but if they lost price, I just don't believe they could beat the jackets. But to answer your question, last year when I started looking ahead, I predicted Tyner to be the team to beat, They were huge and athletes all over the field. Not sure what they have this year, but the jackets have flip flopped from last year, last year we hit our stride right out of the gates, and this year the jackets have seemed to come out at a steady pace and have begun to put on more steam. I'm excited to see all of our athletes and how we are going to use them. I will say this, If and i'm saying if the jackets get by Tyner and Watertown, Swafford better pack him a lunch, because the defense will be bringing the wood, one of the hardest hitting TC teams of past couple years. So would TC host semis if that were to happen?

Yes TC as it stands right now (finishing 2nd) would be at home Rd 1, road for Tyner Rd. 2, road to Watertown Rd. 3, and home for Semis. Now if Watertown were to slip up on 1st or 2nd, TC would host Rd 3 as well. All this is assuming TC wins those games, im by no means saying they will, just laying the map out if they did. 

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I know everyone has high hopes this season, I know I do. Look forward to hopefully playing some of the top teams from the East in the playoffs and if we are lucky enough, and good enough, AND healthy enough to meet a West team this year. One injury, and one bad matchup could mean the difference of a win or loss for any team come playoff time.  That being said, I'm curious who everyone has between, Tyner, Trousdale, and Watertown. Which of those makes it to the Semis. Everyone will have an argument Watertown will say they already beat Trousdale, in return Trousdale will say they have a key player return to the lineup that will make the difference. Tyner had no trouble last year Making the semis past the opposing region. Can they do it as easily again? Let me know what you think. I wont talk on region one or 2 yet as I'm not sure who will make it from region one. But I do think Meigs will get first seed from region 2.

I predict Trousdale at home on the Creekbank round 4 to play Meigs.  Call me crazy, but a little unranked team versus the #1 ranked team in 2A sounds fitting for a football game the day after Thanksgiving! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Yes TC as it stands right now (finishing 2nd) would be at home Rd 1, road for Tyner Rd. 2, road to Watertown Rd. 3, and home for Semis. Now if Watertown were to slip up on 1st or 2nd, TC would host Rd 3 as well. All this is assuming TC wins those games, im by no means saying they will, just laying the map out if they did. 

I question whether Region 4 hosts the 3rd round as previously stated. TSSAA bracket has Region 3 hosting the quarterfinal. The only reason why Tyner hosted last year was because Marion beat Trousdale. If Trousdale had beat Marion, Tyner would have had to go to the Creekbank.

8 hours ago, Wavo2004 said:

Not saying that's going to win a championship  jus was saying he was a reason we won that game . Speed killed em. Yall.got a good back but I think.parsons would turn tall into a passing team. Jus don't over look em was what I was saying

I dont see them getting past Riverside. I just dont. Part of me hopes they do just to get a rematch and part of me hopes Riverside takes them down. I dont think CA has beat anyone with a winning record have they? Riverside is built to stop the run and CA is built to run the ball. I think it would be a good game and very possible to happen.

Edited by vandyfan1

17 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I question whether Region 4 hosts the 3rd round as previously stated. TSSAA bracket has Region 3 hosting the quarterfinal. The only reason why Tyner hosted last year was because Marion beat Trousdale. If Trousdale had beat Marion, Tyner would have had to go to the Creekbank.

I may be wrong but I believe that the higher seed host for Rds 1 & 2 regardless of Region. Then Rd 3 switches from odd to even Region each year (Evens [2,4,6,&8] hosting this year) unless 2 teams from same region make it to Rd 3 and then higher seed host. Rd 4 as well alternates from "middle" to East/West each year (Region 3/4 & 7/8 hosting this year). I searched the TSSAA website but could not find anything to support this but I'm almost certain i have read this earlier this year. Again i may be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Scores are used as a measuring stick but match-up's are the key to winning! I haven't seen any of the West teams, however Tyner also won a 1ST round game against H2O (34-7) in 2015. Are the Rams better this year? Record wise..yes. Personnel wise..we shall see!

38 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

I predict Trousdale at home on the Creekbank round 4 to play Meigs.  Call me crazy, but a little unranked team versus the #1 ranked team in 2A sounds fitting for a football game the day after Thanksgiving! 

I predict if this happens, the AP poll will still have TC just outside the Top 10. :roflol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I may be wrong but I believe that the higher seed host for Rds 1 & 2 regardless of Region. Then Rd 3 switches from odd to even Region each year (Evens [2,4,6,&8] hosting this year) unless 2 teams from same region make it to Rd 3 and then higher seed host. Rd 4 as well alternates from "middle" to East/West each year (Region 3/4 & 7/8 hosting this year). I searched the TSSAA website but could not find anything to support this but I'm almost certain i have read this earlier this year. Again i may be wrong. 

I see what you are saying. The empty 2018 brackets on the TSSAA are probably in error. They had to place the (H) designation somewhere so it was put at the top.