Jackson County at Watertown

TigerFan76

47 minutes ago, ReignofPurple said:

Guys and gals. We are going to need to be able to throw the ball in the playoffs. As good as Price is, he is not a QB. maybe sprinkling in some wildcat is good but against good teams you cannot run that for a whole game. Webster may not be the best QB but he’s decent and with our Defense and running game we can do big things. Trust the process. 

We will not win a big game with #16 as our QB

29 minutes ago, ReignofPurple said:

Oh well. At the end of the day this is high school football. These kids will remember this season regardless. We as adults should not be trashing any of them. Let’s just root them on and support them as a community 

Well some of us would like to see our kids, nephews and friends do something special and go further, something no other Watertown team as done before, maybe even play for a state championship which is the ultimate goal for all High school teams. Everyone on here from Watertown that I know supports these kids every time they step on the field at home or away. And I’ll guarantee you if you ask any player on this team or any team before them if they would liked to play for a state title the answer would be yes. And no one is trashing any of them !

8 hours ago, Ptpman96 said:

Well being close to the team for the past two seasons I know that the tyner game cannot be fully put on webster. I say this because they threw the ball 30 plus times for 350 (which they hadn’t done all season) because they couldn’t run the ball to save their life. It would have been a totally different game if the left guard didn’t let the hill kid get smacked for a loss of 4 on the goal line solely because he didn’t block a soul. On top of that I was told that left guard went into the locker room at half and said “I don’t want to be here”. Granted Webster isn’t the best quarterback, but when you have  4 total rushing yards on the night and two dropped Td passes. it’s hard to come out successful. Also the two interceptions that were thrown by him were actually in the pocket and one was just as much d Ray’s fault for his alignment. Not trying to offend you just informing you on some missing pages from the story

Not offended one bit. But seeing you want to get personal! So went back at looked at the game and sure enough the left guard didn’t keep his block or make a good block. So if the left guard wasn’t doing his job the coach should have pulled him. And for what you say someone said about the left Guard saying he didn’t want to be there well he stated that was BS. 

A lot of you guys need to pump the brakes on Webster. 

Someone alluded to going scoreless on the first drive and blamed it on Webster playing QB. You had 2 big gains to inside the 5 called back on penalties, and a perfectly thrown ball dropped that would've been a td.  None of that is on Webster.

I'm a fan of Price, but I think he's better utilized all over the field and making the defense have to find and account for him every play. And I believe he needs at least 15 touches a game. And the thing is...you probably won't see that until the 2nd or 3rd round.

Until then, Webster will get some valuable reps to bring him back to dull speed.

I would also have Price in the backfield more as a RB with Carey, nightmare for defenses. 

13 hours ago, TigerFan76 said:

Not offended one bit. But seeing you want to get personal! So went back at looked at the game and sure enough the left guard didn’t keep his block or make a good block. So if the left guard wasn’t doing his job the coach should have pulled him. And for what you say someone said about the left Guard saying he didn’t want to be there well he stated that was BS. 

I assume the reason he got personal is bc you r bashing a kid on a online message board. We all know you have a problem with coach Webster and If I remember correctly this coaching staff let your son back on the team after he quit on them halfway through the season last fall. They even gave him his job back and he underperformed the whole season. I would almost bet my money that Webster and Hackett would both be willing to give you the clipboard and whistle and let u call some plays. These kids love their town and team and they need all the support they can get it. They don’t need to see there “fans” on a online message board bashing there starting quarterback after he played a good game. 11-19 and 160 with 2 touchdowns. And 6 of those incompletions were dropped passes 2 of which would’ve been touchdowns. Don’t forget the first play of the game was a 60+ yard swing pass to price that got called back. Price is one of the best players in 2a If not the best and I agree they need to get him the ball more but I assume that’s why the coaches had him in the backfield in 2 back all night. The offensive line has improved tremendously from last season for many reasons but I still believe they aren’t good enough to run the ball 40+ times a game. I believe we need a balanced offense to make a big run this season. This post isn’t meant to cause any problems it’s just meant to defend a kid who loves his team. This is just my opinion and I believe these kids need love and support other then hate from there so called fans.

2 hours ago, thewaterboy16 said:

I assume the reason he got personal is bc you r bashing a kid on a online message board. We all know you have a problem with coach Webster and If I remember correctly this coaching staff let your son back on the team after he quit on them halfway through the season last fall. They even gave him his job back and he underperformed the whole season. I would almost bet my money that Webster and Hackett would both be willing to give you the clipboard and whistle and let u call some plays. These kids love their town and team and they need all the support they can get it. They don’t need to see there “fans” on a online message board bashing there starting quarterback after he played a good game. 11-19 and 160 with 2 touchdowns. And 6 of those incompletions were dropped passes 2 of which would’ve been touchdowns. Don’t forget the first play of the game was a 60+ yard swing pass to price that got called back. Price is one of the best players in 2a If not the best and I agree they need to get him the ball more but I assume that’s why the coaches had him in the backfield in 2 back all night. The offensive line has improved tremendously from last season for many reasons but I still believe they aren’t good enough to run the ball 40+ times a game. I believe we need a balanced offense to make a big run this season. This post isn’t meant to cause any problems it’s just meant to defend a kid who loves his team. This is just my opinion and I believe these kids need love and support other then hate from there so called fans.

1. My statement about #16 not giving the team the best chance at winning in a big game was not bashing him, never said pull him out of the game, but #25 and #4 have to touch the ball more than they did again just my opinion, just like you and everyone else’s opinion. 

2. As for Coach Webster letting him back on the team was his call, and if he was not doing his job then he should have pulled him, again he’s call. I have seen a number of kids leave the team and was let back on the team again the coaches call. They are kids and don’t always make good decisions including mine! 

3. As for me having a problem with Coach Webster you would be incorrect. If me not agreeing with him or anyone else on everything done or said is having a problem with him or anyone else then that would be the case for a lot of people. We all have our opinions but that doesn’t make us a bad person or mean we have a problem with that person.

4. You or anyone else can say what you want about me or my son, it’s not going to bother me or him. I can handle criticism, as for my son well not so much but he’s learning. 

5. As far as you calling me a so called fan well that’s your opinion. I’ve always been fan willing to help this school and program with what ever was ask of me. Running the chains, helping with getting sponsors, feeding the kids before away games, cooking for the concession stand. And if Coach Webster or anyone else was to ask me for help with anything I would be happy to do so. 

So if you don’t like my opinion so be it, you want be the first person not to and that’s okay with me. And as for handing me the clipboard that wouldn’t be in the best interest of the team. Good day.

Two things. 1) no one should question anyone’s loyalty or commitment to the team or town just because they have an opinion and voice it. If everyone just sat around nodding their heads and agreeing with everything the powers that be did, nothing would ever improve. That fact that people have strong opinions is the evidence that people care deeply about this team and town. 

2) GO TIGERS!!! I will be screaming my head off for these players and particularly these seniors this week. Every single one of them regardless of what number they have on. Because the only thing that matters at game time is they are wearing purple. #ptp

Edited by PurpleReign
Typo

41 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

Two things. 1) no one should question anyone’s loyalty or commitment to the team or town just because they have an opinion and voice it. If everyone just sat around nodding their heads and agreeing with everything the powers that be did, nothing would ever improve. That fact that people have strong opinions is the evidence that people care deeply about this team and town. 

2) GO TIGERS!!! I will be screaming my head off for these players and particularly these seniors this week. Every single one of them regardless of what number they have on. Because the only thing that matters at game time is they are wearing purple. #ptp

Yes Sir, Absolutely Correct !