OAK RIDGE @ CLINTON

92Dragon

Probably a little bit of a few things, including looking ahead to Powell. We probably came into the game thinking it was gonna be a cakewalk because of how Clinton's season has gone thus far. That, along with looking ahead, and this being like the Super Bowl to Clinton's team. If they beat us, it makes their season type of thing. They always get up for Oak Ridge. They came to play and were intense. Gotta give them credit. With that said, we are clearly the better team. Gotta come out focused against Powell. 

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Clinton has to be ecstatic. OR looking ahead to Powell next week?

I was proud of Clinton's effort tonight, OR was just too much in the end.

I would be concerned if I'm OR heading into the next 2 games. Powell and Fulton will beat OR if the Wildcats play like they did tonight. 

I'm actually going ahead and picking OR to lose to both Powell and Fulton.

2 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I was proud of Clinton's effort tonight, OR was just too much in the end.

I would be concerned if I'm OR heading into the next 2 games. Powell and Fulton will beat OR if the Wildcats play like they did tonight. 

I'm actually going ahead and picking OR to lose to both Powell and Fulton.

That makes me feel good. Every time you pick us to lose, we win! lol

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Probably a little bit of a few things, including looking ahead to Powell. We probably came into the game thinking it was gonna be a cakewalk because of how Clinton's season has gone thus far. That, along with looking ahead, and this being like the Super Bowl to Clinton's team. If they beat us, it makes their season type of thing. They always get up for Oak Ridge. They came to play and were intense. Gotta give them credit. With that said, we are clearly the better team. Gotta come out focused against Powell. 

I agree with you 100%! But I sure hope we play better next week.

I've got a little different take on the game.  I thought the roughing the kicker call looked more like the kid was just trying to block the kick.  They scored off that penalty.  Another score came after a very generous spot by the ref on 4th down that gave them a first. So, two of those scores were a little iffy to me.  That said, we definitely have areas that could use improvement, and once again, the "real" team didn't show up until the 2nd half.   And I felt like Clinton was much better than what I had been hearing.  Their QB did well, and they have some speed, especially on the kick-offs.  In fact, if it wasn't for Kai-reese they probably would have scored twice more on kick-off returns.  So there's that.   All-in-all, a pretty entertaining game. Next week is going to be tough for OR if they don't start out stronger.  Good luck to Clinton next week.

Edited by ORcats

4 hours ago, ORcats said:

I've got a little different take on the game.  I thought the roughing the kicker call looked more like the kid was just trying to block the kick.  They scored off that penalty.  Another score came after a very generous spot by the ref on 4th down that gave them a first. So, two of those scores were a little iffy to me.  That said, we definitely have areas that could use improvement, and once again, the "real" team didn't show up until the 2nd half.   And I felt like Clinton was much better than what I had been hearing.  Their QB did well, and they have some speed, especially on the kick-offs.  In fact, if it wasn't for Kai-reese they probably would have scored twice more on kick-off returns.  So there's that.   All-in-all, a pretty entertaining game. Next week is going to be tough for OR if they don't start out stronger.  Good luck to Clinton next week.

Yes. Our kickoff coverage was awful tonight. Clinton had unbelievable field position all night long, so the defense played pretty good actually. Clinton had a short field to work on all night long. Gotta fix that.