HVA at DB 2018

RebelAtHeart

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Yep,that DB vs Boone game at J Fred in 2009.I can't even remember what made me so mad about the refs that night but it doesn't change the fact Boone still has the win.

One of DB's receivers dropped a wide open pass in the end zone at that game that would have won it for DB.    I was glad Boone won but I felt really bad for that guy at the same time.     But DB has beaten Boone almost every other time and usually by a very wide margin.

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Yep,that DB vs Boone game at J Fred in 2009.I can't even remember what made me so mad about the refs that night but it doesn't change the fact Boone still has the win.

2009 was the year South was certain we were going to scalp the Indians and ended up getting beat down by several TD's.  Pretty sure the refs had nothing to do with that one - but I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the excuses at the time. SMH

30 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

2009 was the year South was certain we were going to scalp the Indians and ended up getting beat down by several TD's.  Pretty sure the refs had nothing to do with that one - but I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the excuses at the time. SMH

The only regret every player,coach,fan and parent had about that game was that number 54 wasn't out there for South that night.It broke my heart coming back from Farragut that year to find out about Jake.My son still has his DB helmet with the blue 54 on the side of it.Jake and my son were both selected as two of the six first team defensive linemen on the  all NET team that year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

The only regret every player,coach,fan and parent had about that game was that number 54 wasn't out there for South that night.It broke my heart coming back from Farragut that year to find out about Jake.My son still has his DB helmet with the blue 54 on the side of it.Jake and my son were both selected as two of the six first team defensive linemen on the  all NET team that year.

Respect... some things should and do rise above the game!  #54 was a special kid!  Sounds like you raised a great son too!

I had the privilege of coaching several of the seniors playing for DB this year when they were in late elementary and early middle school.  I will be rooting against them for 48 minutes this week, but as soon as the clock stops they resume being like sons to me.  So blessed to watch them grow into men and despite how their season turns out... I pray that they go on to be very successful in life!

57 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Respect... some things should and do rise above the game!  #54 was a special kid!  Sounds like you raised a great son too!

I had the privilege of coaching several of the seniors playing for DB this year when they were in late elementary and early middle school.  I will be rooting against them for 48 minutes this week, but as soon as the clock stops they resume being like sons to me.  So blessed to watch them grow into men and despite how their season turns out... I pray that they go on to be very successful in life!

Similar to this old Greene Devil.My youngest had several of last year's DB team over for the MMA fight Saturday night.Last year was bitter sweet when they were in Greeneville,I just couldn't pull for those boys not to do good but wanted my Devils to do something for Batman as well.There is no way in hail last year's DB team should have lost to Greeneville or pretty much anyone if that team had all of it's parts and a few changes over the last several years.I hadn't even figured those studs like the two running backs from the other classes.That should have been a showdown in either Maryville or Kingsport type of team instead of another playoff disaster.This year was exactly what it should have been (a challenge)and I knew looking at the schedule DB would have at least two or three bad friday nights while they tried to either grow up as a team or fall apart.This game will tell that tell to me.Just a matter of who wants to play in the playoffs and who wants to play basketball.

Edited by BatmanDevil

Where is all the chatter on this thread???     Maybe Kingsport is out on fall break..  DB/HVA have only played 3 times and DB has won all 3.   Tribe really needs a big win in a couple of days to start the 3-0 run to end the season, and history suggests that is exactly what happens.     Tribe 28-18

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Where is all the chatter on this thread???     Maybe Kingsport is out on fall break..  DB/HVA have only played 3 times and DB has won all 3.   Tribe really needs a big win in a couple of days to start the 3-0 run to end the season, and history suggests that is exactly what happens.     Tribe 28-18

Knox county on fall break this week... I think Kingsport is next week.  DB loss likely knocks them out of playoffs.  HVA win puts them in.  So this is a playoff game for both teams - in a sense.  I think the teams are fairly evenly matched with their respective strengths and weaknesses.  HVA has been really up and down from one game to the next all year.  Tribe will have advantage with their ominous home field.  Special teams may be a factor in this one.

At 2-5, the tribe looks terrible.  But after further investigation, the five losses came to teams with  a combined record of 34-2.   Not making excuses, but it is documented as the toughest schedule in the state of TN at any classification.   Granted our pass defense is horrible.  Not debatable.  But our run defense has played pretty well, and really good at times.  And we are putting up over 300 yards of offense every week against these teams.   Looking at HV and who they have played, and their performance, I will take our chances this week.  And it's not close.   DB 35  HV 7