HVA at DB 2018

RebelAtHeart

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

None.  Maybe the team that comes out of Memphis in the championship game.

Rebel, just curious, after playing at South,  what is your connection to Hardin Valley Hawks?

For the record, DB has beaten Marvul before.   But that was a while back, you are correct with the above statement.

29 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

For the record, DB has beaten Marvul before.   But that was a while back, you are correct with the above statement.

Just curious, When did DB beat Murvul?  In the modern era the series is 5-0 Rebs.  They played twice in 2016, onest in 2015, onest in 2012 and onest in 2009.  But you are probably right.  They may have played several times a long time ago.  

Edited by oridgecat

27 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Just curious, When did DB beat Murvul?  In the modern era the series is 5-0 Rebs.  They played twice in 2016, onest in 2015, onest in 2012 and onest in 2009.  But you are probably right.  They may have played several times a long time ago.  

Unless it was close to a leather helmet game, Blazer might have been thinking of another sport or even a movie where the Big red  was beat.

2 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Work landed me in Knoxville 20 years ago... moved back to Kingsport for 5 years also related to work... been back in Knoxville for a couple years... my son plays for HVA.

Very good.  Since your son is a Hawk, I won't ask you about what you think of the coaching there.  I will just offer my opinion.  HVA is a sleeping giant that continues to explode in population growth.  I believe that with the right staff and offensive scheme that they would be really tough to deal with year in and year out.  I am pulling for them to win the district.  

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

It was in the 50's or 60's, and only happened once.

I know Greeneville came close in the 50's but have never beat maryville

Maryville
Overall 0-7-1
Home 0-4  Away 0-3-1  Playoffs 0-2
1949 Oct. 06 Maryville L 12-27
1950 Oct. 06 Greeneville T 13-13
1967 Nov. 03 Greeneville (H) L 13-27
1968 Nov. 08 Maryville L 6-40
1969 Nov. 08 Greeneville (H) L 14-40
1970 Nov. 06 Maryville L 21-54
2000 Nov. 24 Maryville L 12-28
2008 Nov. 28 Greeneville L 6-33