AP POLL CLASS 1A OCT 8 2018

Southtowner

1 minute ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

It aint over yet, you and I both know that. I will admit it will be a major disappointment if we don't finish the job though.

We will have to do more than battle just to take the region this year.  Then turn around and have to face Whitwell again in the quarters.  I just hope there's a healthy team standing on this side of the bracket for yall. 

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

We will have to do more than battle just to take the region this year.  Then turn around and have to face Whitwell again in the quarters.  I just hope there's a healthy team standing on this side of the bracket for yall. 

I just hope we dont rust up now that Oakdale is done we have 2 weeks in a row off, not good for a team. Head Coach is trying to get Notre Dame to play in the last game of the season. Hopefully that will work out they seem to be a good football team. I hope South Pitt. wins out I love playing there plus I think ol Vic will give us a better game I doubt he has been beat by 1 team 3 years in a row ever. 

2 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I just hope we dont rust up now that Oakdale is done we have 2 weeks in a row off, not good for a team. Head Coach is trying to get Notre Dame to play in the last game of the season. Hopefully that will work out they seem to be a good football team. I hope South Pitt. wins out I love playing there plus I think ol Vic will give us a better game I doubt he has been beat by 1 team 3 years in a row ever. 

Yall are trying to get Booger's boys last week of regular season?   I'd like to see that one. 

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yall are trying to get Booger's boys last week of regular season?   I'd like to see that one. 

Yeah TSSAA already approved it from what I understand. Just waiting to see if Notre Dame wants to play they only had 9 games on their schedule this year. I dont know if they will do it. It really isnt a win win situation for them. Would be one heck of a test for us I do know that, but would hate to get anyone injured right before playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Yeah TSSAA already approved it from what I understand. Just waiting to see if Notre Dame wants to play they only had 9 games on their schedule this year. I dont know if they will do it. It really isnt a win win situation for them. Would be one heck of a test for us I do know that, but would hate to get anyone injured right before playoffs. 

Where will the game be played if scheduled? Hopefully Chattanooga.  We also have a game scheduled against Lookout Valley that night. 

Just now, Southtowner said:

Where will the game be played if scheduled? Hopefully Chattanooga.  We also have a game scheduled against Lookout Valley that night. 

I have heard conflicting things. O&B said it will be played up here I think it was him. I find that hard to believe since we requested the game I would assume we would travel to them.

23 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I understand they have also contacted Friendship Christian in case something can't be worked out with ND.

Looks like Notre Dame is the better team and would be a better match up.  Notre Dame runs the heck out of the ball.  I watched one recap and they had 300+ yards rushing and 5 yards passing.

2 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

I understand they have also contacted Friendship Christian in case something can't be worked out with ND.

Looks like Notre Dame is the better team and would be a better match up.  Notre Dame runs the heck out of the ball.  I watched one recap and they had 300+ yards rushing and 5 yards passing.

Friendship already turned it down and Notre Dame would be a good warmup for later in the playoffs when the teams we will be playing are run oriented.

Edited by GHSblackhelmet
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GBKEES said:

They run a single wing offense.