6A Pre Playoff predictions

dannyq

There is certainly a lot parity in 6A this year, and no one is proving to be head and shoulder above the other. So it is really a toss up year in 6A. I am interested in seeing how this year plays out. Whitehaven is not having a normal year and neither is Maryville, so it will be interesting to see how the dust settles.

30 minutes ago, Laneman36 said:

There is certainly a lot parity in 6A this year, and no one is proving to be head and shoulder above the other. So it is really a toss up year in 6A. I am interested in seeing how this year plays out. Whitehaven is not having a normal year and neither is Maryville, so it will be interesting to see how the dust settles.

I wouldn't say Maryville isn't having a normal year.  Losing to Alcoa (Who a lot of people believe is the best team in the state) . The last time Maryville Lost to Alcoa in 2010 they were the 6a State Champs.  I see it being one of the Normal top dogs in Maryville, Whitehaven, or Oakland.  Dark Horses are Blackman, Germantown, or Cane Ridge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

I wouldn't say Maryville isn't having a normal year.  Losing to Alcoa (Who a lot of people believe is the best team in the state) . The last time Maryville Lost to Alcoa in 2010 they were the 6a State Champs.  I see it being one of the Normal top dogs in Maryville, Whitehaven, or Oakland.  Dark Horses are Blackman, Germantown, or Cane Ridge

In my opinion you can't be a 3A team and be the "Best in the State" when you are in Maryville's area. I feel like that is an excuse. They haven't been overly dominant as usual. Ooltewah tomorrow night will speak volumes to me about where they are as far as normality. Whitehaven I have seen/experienced in person and they are getting better as the year goes along, but they aren't who they normally are. I honestly can't speak to Oakland but I was impressed with them beating Blackman. Until you put your eyes to Germantown or Cane Ridge you in no way can call them Dark Horses. They are totally legit. I am waiting for the Whitehaven vs. Germantown game the winner could possibly be the State Champ unless Whitehaven runs into Cane Ridge again if they were make it that far. 

5 minutes ago, Laneman36 said:

In my opinion you can't be a 3A team and be the "Best in the State" when you are in Maryville's area. I feel like that is an excuse. They haven't been overly dominant as usual. Ooltewah tomorrow night will speak volumes to me about where they are as far as normality. Whitehaven I have seen/experienced in person and they are getting better as the year goes along, but they aren't who they normally are. I honestly can't speak to Oakland but I was impressed with them beating Blackman. Until you put your eyes to Germantown or Cane Ridge you in no way can call them Dark Horses. They are totally legit. I am waiting for the Whitehaven vs. Germantown game the winner could possibly be the State Champ unless Whitehaven runs into Cane Ridge again if they were make it that far. 

That just tells me you have no clue about Alcoa this year. (Alcoa lost to Maryville by 4 last year also in a game that could have went either way).  With the Same Schedule as last year Maryville has put up 253 points and given up 112 (Last year at this point they had put up 278 and gave up 143). So i guess by your view they weren't overly dominating last year either.  No offense to Ooltewah but using them as a measuring stick for Maryville's Normality is funny.  Ooltewah put up 34 on Maryville last year so what did that matter?  If Science Hill can put up 35 on them that tells me their D is not good. (I watched Greeneville Shut Down Science Hill and was not impressed one bit with their offense).  When was the last time Germantown or Cane Ridge won a State Championship in Football?  That is the reason they are Dark Horses.  Cane Ridge's wins have not impressed me either an OT win against Marshall County (Who is way down from last year) and their opponents have won less than 35% of their games.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

That just tells me you have no clue about Alcoa this year. (Alcoa lost to Maryville by 4 last year also in a game that could have went either way).  With the Same Schedule as last year Maryville has put up 253 points and given up 112 (Last year at this point they had put up 278 and gave up 143). So i guess by your view they weren't overly dominating last year either.  No offense to Ooltewah but using them as a measuring stick for Maryville's Normality is funny.  Ooltewah put up 34 on Maryville last year so what did that matter?  If Science Hill can put up 35 on them that tells me their D is not good. (I watched Greeneville Shut Down Science Hill and was not impressed one bit with their offense).  When was the last time Germantown or Cane Ridge won a State Championship in Football?  That is the reason they are Dark Horses.  Cane Ridge's wins have not impressed me either an OT win against Marshall County (Who is way down from last year) and their opponents have won less than 35% of their games.

I'll say this because you must be from East TN. The athleticism is not the same between the two sides of the state. I don't know if you watched the Maryville vs Ooltewah game last year....I did. The reason Maryville won was that Sincere Quinn did not play pass the 1st Qtr I believer it was. Maryville struggles with real athleticism because they lack the athleticism that they have had in the past. It doesn't matter when the last time someone won a state championship because each year stand independently. This year I don't see Maryville or Whitehaven winner the gold ball. That is just my opinion. I will certainly measure Maryville by a healthy Ooltewah team this year. Can Maryville handle their athleticism which will be closer to what they will see coming out of the West if they make it that far. I am not even sure that Maryville beats Farragut this year (or Bearden). Let's see how that game goes tonight. These are all just our opinions though and we can revisit this if you would like in December.

I think you under estimate the Rebels Sir. But you are entitled to your opinion.  

MARYVILLE never out "athletes" anyone but they certainly have a collection of GOLD that they have taken from fields that were full of them.  

Athletes will win you games , discipline,  good coaching and good football players will win you Championships. Jmo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

I think you under estimate the Rebels Sir. But you are entitled to your opinion.  

MARYVILLE never out "athletes" anyone but they certainly have a collection of GOLD that they have taken from fields that were full of them.  

Athletes will win you games , discipline,  good coaching and good football players will win you Championships. Jmo

DEM OWLS WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD GAME IF ERRBODY IS HEALTHY.. BUT I THOUGHT THE BETTER OWL TEAM WAS LAST SEASON.. CANT CRY OVER SPOILED MILK....IT IS WHAT IT IS...I DONT UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU MEAN BY ATHLETES...I THOUGHT ATHLETES PLAY BALL.. WHAT ARE THEY IF THEY'RE NOT ATHLETES..

#LOP 

#LOP 

1 hour ago, PassiveAggressive said:

DEM OWLS WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD GAME IF ERRBODY IS HEALTHY.. BUT I THOUGHT THE BETTER OWL TEAM WAS LAST SEASON.. CANT CRY OVER SPOILED MILK....IT IS WHAT IT IS...I DONT UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU MEAN BY ATHLETES...I THOUGHT ATHLETES PLAY BALL.. WHAT ARE THEY IF THEY'RE NOT ATHLETES..

#LOP 

#LOP 

Passy , you know what i mean. And we respect Dem Owls.