OS--Hancock County score--Anyone????

TheAnswer9

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading the box score in the Sentinel, it looks like both OS and Hancock will have a balanced scoring attack to help their "standout" player. I know each team had one standout scorer and then a cast of 7 to finish off the scoring. For OS it was Laura Hall with 30pts--2 bombs included while Kim Seal pumped in 28pts--1 bomb for Hancock.

It looked like a run n gun type game of sorts as the score was all knotted up at 24-24 after one. I would say that the second stanza was the difference as OS outgunned Hancock 21-13 to take a 45-37 lead into the break. The Lady Cats would outgun Hancock by much narrower margins in the 3rd & 4th frames, 17-16 & 23-20 enroute to the 11pt victory, 84-73.

Scoring for OS looked like this: Jr Hall 30pts, Jr Tia Goins 15pts--back from Mo West, Soph Kara Monk 14pts--transfer from Harriman, Jr Brianne Lankford 9pts--1 bomb, Terry 5pts--someone tell me about her, Sr Brandi Seiber 4pts, Soph Jessie Hackworth 4pts, and Soph Casse Wampler 3pts---A very solid young team that is now 2-0.

As for Hancock County, Kim Seal hit for 28pts, Harrison & Possiel 10pts apiece, Norris 8pts, Harrison 6pts, Collins 5pts, Seal 4, and Ferguson 2

Guest Converse

Hadn't heard much about Hancock County girls. Must have a pretty good team if they can hang that close to OS who I know has one of the better AA teams. Is Hancock A or AA and what district are they in? I remember hearing about their boys in the past but not the girls.