OS--Hancock County score--Anyone????

TheAnswer9

Hancock is Class A and their girls and boys teams are traditionally strong. They don't play football or baseball in Sneedville and that makes them a lot like Clarkrange in that they concentrate year round of hoops. Coach Wright sent me the stats today and it looked as if it was a sloppy kind of game. HC had 32 fouls and OS 26. OS went 35-48 from the charity stripe and HC was 24-30. OS shot 37.7% (23-67) from the field and HC shot 40.7% (24-59). Besides free throws, turnovers was the other big factor as HC had 25 and OS 13. HC outrebounded OS 46-38.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goose it wasnt really that sloppy every touch foul was called hand-checks of any kind screens of any kind just hardly wouldnt let them play but their was alot more turnovers than I thought but I would say alot were forced turnovers.Whats the answer on who has most points in Roane County history Girls or Boys can Hall surpass it?

Goose my man,

I know from many years of umpiring that Hancock County fields a baseball team up there each year. They usuall have around 11-15 guys on the team and the coach is a super nice guy--I actually sat beside him last year at the Oneida-Hancock County game and talked the whole time. And yes, you were right about football!!

They do play baseball in Sneedville, but no softball...

Posted by goosevol:

Hancock is Class A and their girls and boys teams are traditionally strong. They don't play football or baseball in Sneedville and that makes them a lot like Clarkrange in that they concentrate year round of hoops. Coach Wright sent me the stats today and it looked as if it was a sloppy kind of game. HC had 32 fouls and OS 26. OS went 35-48 from the charity stripe and HC was 24-30. OS shot 37.7% (23-67) from the field and HC shot 40.7% (24-59). Besides free throws, turnovers was the other big factor as HC had 25 and OS 13. HC outrebounded OS 46-38.

Hancock girls seem to have one of the better A teams in ET this year. Kim Seal is the younger sister of former Hancock standout Brad Seal {now at LMU} and is the lone senior on the team. Oliver Springs has a great AA team that could go deep in post season play, and if Hancock plays as well against their dist. and reg. competition as they did against OS, the boro is a posibility!!!

I don't know who has the most points yet. Coach Wright mentioned a girl at OS that had around 2,700. I can't remember her name, but I'm sure OS91 or the Answer cann fill us in. Laura had around 1,100 going into thsi season. I think they play 29 games this season +2 in District and hopefully 3 in region and 1 substate. I will not go farther than that right now but that's 35 games this year and 35 next. If 2,700 is the highest then she'd need to average around 23 a game. I personally don't think she'll do that because OS is such a good team that so many players can score plus you can tell by the way she plays that she likes getting pretty assists. She definitely has the ability to average 23 a night but she'd rather win that be a ball hog.

Candi Duncan averaged close to 24 ppg in 96. She went on to play for Carson Newman. Duncan would bomb from out to 30 feet from the basket. She had the best range I've ever seen in girls basketball.

Hall is scoring at 31 ppg a clip through two games. Its unlikely that will continue because I expect other girls to step up as the year goes on- Hackworth, Lankford, and the transfers in Goins and Monk. Who knows though. Before the region last year, Hall never scored 30 plus points. Since then, out of 7 games, she scored 30 plus points 5 times.

[Edited by OS91 on 11-26-02 11:14A]

Goose, you are right. Hall would rather dish it off and win than to be a ballhog. She proved that when she received Regional MVP last year but didn't want it because the Lady Cats lost the Regional Championship. How many other girls would've done that? Yes, she only had 12 points against Hancock Co. but I'm guessing she had about 9 or 10 assists! To be as good as she is, she's even better because of her teamplay. She's never been a ball hog. She's not even thinking about breaking the career total at OS, she's got her eyes set on Murfreesboro!! Good luck this year ladies. ;)