Friday Main Event Week TEN Coaches Lineup!

FridayMainEvent

Mike to answer some of your questions:  His son coaches at Hampton.

Also, the way I see it Giles County still has an outside shot at the playoffs.  They must win out, plus have 2 of these 3 scenarios take place.  Lincoln Co must win out.  Marshall County must win one of 2 games remaining. Fayette Ware wins out.  

The first tiebreaker is team with the greatest number of victories. 

The 2nd tiebreaker is how many teams you play that win 50% or more of their games 

Stratford will only have 4.  Giles could end up with 5 with the above scenarios playing out.

If only 2 of the 3 scenarios play out Giles will win the 3rd tiebreaker which is the team who finishes with the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games. They will have 1 if they defeat Tullahoma. Stratford won't have any.

Long story short,  you are right.  They have an outside shot unless there's something we are missing.

Edited by Southtowner

20 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Also, the way I see it Giles County still has an outside shot at the playoffs.  They must win out, plus have 2 of these 3 scenarios take place.  Lincoln Co must win out.  Brentwood must win one of 2 games remaining. Fayette Ware wins out.  

The 2nd tiebreaker is how many teams you play that win 50% or more of their games 

Stratford will only have 4.  Giles could end up with 5 with the above scenarios playing out.

If only 2 of the 3 scenarios play out Giles will win the 3rd tiebreaker which is the team who finishes with the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games. They will have 1 if they defeat Tullahoma. Stratford won't have any.

Long story short,  you are right.  They have an outside shot unless there's something we are missing.

Not one to spread rumors, but heard last night that Giles county may have to forfeit all their games due to their backup QB. Again, something heard but not verified.

3 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Not one to spread rumors, but heard last night that Giles county may have to forfeit all their games due to their backup QB. Again, something heard but not verified.

I edited my post above to show Marshall County instead of Brentwood.

I understand they have to forfeit those games but the article said they were eliminated from the playoffs because of it.

Mike brought it up on his show that he thinks Giles had an outside shot. So I did the research.  Looks to me if the above scenarios play out then Giles is playoff bound.

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I edited my post above to show Marshall County instead of Brentwood.

I understand they have to forfeit those games but the article said they were eliminated from the playoffs because of it.

Mike brought it up on his show that he thinks Giles had an outside shot. So I did the research.  Looks to me if the above scenarios play out then Giles is playoff bound.

Got it. Wasn't sure if it was all games or some

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Also, the way I see it Giles County still has an outside shot at the playoffs.  They must win out, plus have 2 of these 3 scenarios take place.  Lincoln Co must win out.  Marshall County must win one of 2 games remaining. Fayette Ware wins out.  

Yeah, that's right.  I knew it was a team that started with an "H"...lol...   When you cover 300 teams, it all runs together sometimes.  Appreciate you listening and keeping me straight...:roflolk:

4 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Yeah, that's right.  I knew it was a team that started with an "H"...lol...   When you cover 300 teams, it all runs together sometimes.  Appreciate you listening and keeping me straight...:roflolk:

No problem.  Check out the above scenarios on Giles and see if that's correct. 

Yall keep up the good work.  And quit bragging on your CoachT Big Ones position. :)

30 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

No problem.  Check out the above scenarios on Giles and see if that's correct. 

Yall keep up the good work.  And quit bragging on your CoachT Big Ones position. :)

abolutely correct.   I'm big Tullahoma fan, but I'd like to see Giles County win out just to prove all the know it alls in the industry wrong...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/10/18/tssaa-high-school-football-giles-county-must-forfeit-five-wins-ineligible-player/1680220002/