Waverly @ Hickman County

Wavo2004

10 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

37 is great no doubt, but the QB makes him great. Take the 37 off the field a Waverly becomes slightly better than average. Take the QB out and Waverly is still very good. Ask any coach who has to prepare for the and they would said the same.

And then we get the classic "chicken or the egg" conversation. Lol both are great players but I'm just saying for this season 37 has been the playmaker. The kid can make insane catches and he is one if the hardest to take down if you can catch him

Edited by rednecktiger31
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wavo2004 said:

I've been on the other teams side line at every  home game and there r only 2 players the other coaches make sure they know where they r and when there on the field it's 37 and 45. But I think 37 is the MAP of Waverly this year and more than likely the region as well by the numbers 37 is in the top the in the whole state as a wr

1 hour ago, Lacesout said:

gonna have to disagree.  he makes catches most high school kids cant make and when he does you wont catch him.  look at our passing stats vs his recieving stats.  

1 hour ago, ddaddy said:

37 is great no doubt, but the QB makes him great. Take the 37 off the field a Waverly becomes slightly better than average. Take the QB out and Waverly is still very good. Ask any coach who has to prepare for the and they would said the same.

1 hour ago, Lacesout said:

totally agree.  last year we had 15 and 37 to split the work load.  this year 37 is pretty much a do-all.  he takes 5 yd passes and makes them 70 yd receptions.  

1 hour ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I will agree in parts. I would have to say 37 has been the work horse this year. And he is something special! Hard for WR/DB to get Mr football but hes definitely been the mvp for waverly so far and I believe he should be in talk for Mr football 

2 hours ago, ddaddy said:

Waverly has the best QB I’ve seen play HS football. If a team can’t limit his success it wi be hard to  beat them. They have other great players but he’s the one that makes it work 

They work great together. Each of them makes the other one look good. Gavin puts it where only JD can catch it and usually after that its off to the races. The passes Gavin makes is like next level **** and the catches JD makes is also next level ****!!!

• Upvote 4

On 10/20/2018 at 11:22 PM, JoeyFreshwater said:

It’s ok super dad. Waverly is and always will be inferior. You guys from Waverly make me laugh. Y’all are terrible for years then get a few athletes and win a few and think y’all will win it every year. Good luck in the second round. Normal for Waverly. 

We Waverly folks don't believe that we will win it each year just because of the simple fact that we got a few athletes and won a few games over the last five years. We believe we can win it because we know what these athletes can do, and it's not only on the field but it's what they do off the field.  The love and compassion they have for the town, the school, the team, each other, and this game they play is immeasurable! When they take the field, they play for each other,  and not just for victory, but also for respect. I just moved to this area 5 years ago and I've watched this core group together all 5 years. This is the same group that went undefeated two years in a row in jr. high, and they've all gotten much better over the years. This is why we expect it, because we know they are champions, not only on the field, but in the place where it matters most, in their hearts. Now will they finally get it together and pull it off this year? I don't know, but there's not a doubt in my mind that they are well equipped to do it. So while you're over there laughing, if we do get knocked before Cookeville, then I hope that you are the first to jump on whatever thread we have going that week and say told you so! But if we do manage to pull it off, then I hope you will be man/ women enough to be the first to jump on there and give respect where respect is due and congratulate us. :)

33 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

We Waverly folks don't believe that we will win it each year just because of the simple fact that we got a few athletes and won a few games over the last five years. We believe we can win it because we know what these athletes can do, and it's not only on the field but it's what they do off the field.  The love and compassion they have for the town, the school, the team, each other, and this game they play is immeasurable! When they take the field, they play for each other,  and not just for victory, but also for respect. I just moved to this area 5 years ago and I've watched this core group together all 5 years. This is the same group that went undefeated two years in a row in jr. high, and they've all gotten much better over the years. This is why we expect it, because we know they are champions, not only on the field, but in the place where it matters most, in their hearts. Now will they finally get it together and pull it off this year? I don't know, but there's not a doubt in my mind that they are well equipped to do it. So while you're over there laughing, if we do get knocked before Cookeville, then I hope that you are the first to jump on whatever thread we have going that week and say told you so! But if we do manage to pull it off, then I hope you will be man/ women enough to be the first to jump on there and give respect where respect is due and congratulate us. :)

Fair enough, well said 

• Thanks 1