Creekwood @ Springfield!

Kevin38

i agree on the fact that when you got things rolling i wanna keep playing..i hate byes unless your banged up. With that said I dont think that bye is what made us struggle. Our defense is just not very good especially against the run. My fear is that will be heavily exposed in the playoffs. Offensively still explosive. 

3 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

i agree on the fact that when you got things rolling i wanna keep playing..i hate byes unless your banged up. With that said I dont think that bye is what made us struggle. Our defense is just not very good especially against the run. My fear is that will be heavily exposed in the playoffs. Offensively still explosive. 

I agree

2 hours ago, DANR said:

Suprising there is not more chatter considering a region championship is on the line. CW must not have any fans on the T.  So those who have watched film or seen them play.  What can we expect to see from Creekwood Friday night?

Very physical.  Surprisingly fast from a few key players.  Not as fast as a couple of Springfield kids, but still fast.  FB is a load and runs very hard.  QB is playing out of position because of injuries to previous 2 starters.  Creek Wood is pretty good considering they are down to 3rd QB.  Very good in the return game of special teams.  Most of these kids have played a ton of football the last couple of years.  Experienced.  I don't expect them to lay down for Springfield.  They will have to stop the fast screen & jail screen game to #23 of Springfield.

2 hours ago, ocac said:

Very physical.  Surprisingly fast from a few key players.  Not as fast as a couple of Springfield kids, but still fast.  FB is a load and runs very hard.  QB is playing out of position because of injuries to previous 2 starters.  Creek Wood is pretty good considering they are down to 3rd QB.  Very good in the return game of special teams.  Most of these kids have played a ton of football the last couple of years.  Experienced.  I don't expect them to lay down for Springfield.  They will have to stop the fast screen & jail screen game to #23 of Springfield.

I agree that their run game is decent, not as good as Central, but still decent. You can tell the QB is playing out of position, he’s a little slow in his reads at times and delivers the pitch option late sometimes. They look up and down tho, they looked sloppy against Portland and a lot better against White House. I know they won’t lay down for Springfield, and I’m positive Springfield won’t either. Huge game with the region championship on the line Friday.

3 hours ago, ocac said:

21 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I agree that their run game is decent, not as good as Central, but still decent. You can tell the QB is playing out of position, he’s a little slow in his reads at times and delivers the pitch option late sometimes. They look up and down tho, they looked sloppy against Portland and a lot better against White House. I know they won’t lay down for Springfield, and I’m positive Springfield won’t either. Huge game with the region championship on the line Friday.

Very good info on Creek Wood. 

29 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Rain in the forecast will def play in Creekwoods favor although 23 will prob still be too much for their defense. The two brothers are super physical and love to hit. Might have to go watch this game.

Not if they don’t get the pitch down on the option, imho, could hurt them worse.

12 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

But they don’t throw the ball, Springfield does. 

Very true, but the placement and catching of the pitch is key. To me its just an underhand pass any way. They didn’t do a very good job last week against Portland in wet conditions doing this (placement). Looked to me like it was a big part of their offense too. Should be a good game either way tho.

Edited by Poundtherock23