Whitehaven at Germantown - The 2018 Region 8, 6A Title Game

kwc

3 minutes ago, dannyq said:

If DaHaven comes out and cut down on the dumb penalties and protect the football and the officiating isn't one sided like it was last Friday night.

DaHaven 35

G-Town     21.

I'm being generous with the 21!

Yeah. You are the same guy who thought G'town would win 21-20  vs. Central and it would be "closer than people think." That was not the case. Actually could have been a lot worse than the 28-7. Never a contest from the opening kickoff. The Red Devils feed off this kind of thinking. 

Central has no vertical passing game and was swamped with bad field position the whole game. G-Town started most of its drives with a short field,but your right what do I know. I hope for a nice crowd and a good clean played injury free game.

18 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Yeah. You are the same guy who thought G'town would win 21-20  vs. Central and it would be "closer than people think." That was not the case. Actually could have been a lot worse than the 28-7. Never a contest from the opening kickoff. The Red Devils feed off this kind of thinking. 

2 hours ago, dannyq said:

If DaHaven comes out and cut down on the dumb penalties and protect the football and the officiating isn't one sided like it was last Friday night.

DaHaven 35

G-Town     21.

I'm being generous with the 21!

Only 21 for Germantown and 35 for Whitehaven? Whitehaven  allowed  White Station to score 24points  and Central 14 points. Gtown 0 points allowed  against WS at home...HOMECOMING. allowed 0 points  until under a minute against Central. I think they'll score more than 21. Whitehaven scoring 35....? Just don't see it. This is a huge game and home field is at stake. If tha haven loses this game they might have to go thru Houston to see Germantown again. Not sure how that'll turn out. 

(Actually I am sure)

2 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

Only 21 for Germantown and 35 for Whitehaven? Whitehaven  allowed  White Station to score 24points  and Central 14 points. Gtown 0 points allowed  against WS at home...HOMECOMING. allowed 0 points  until under a minute against Central. I think they'll score more than 21. Whitehaven scoring 35....? Just don't see it. This is a huge game and home field is at stake. If tha haven loses this game they might have to go thru Houston to see Germantown again. Not sure how that'll turn out. 

(Actually I am sure)

I think you all have a misunderstanding about the Whitehaven football team. Da Haven is just getting to a point where we are some what healthy(haven't been all year), Haven't had several key starters all year. A young man by the name of Bryson Eason has not played since the 2nd game of the season. You all have no idea what's coming. G-Town pretty good tho.

1 hour ago, dannyq said:

Da Haven is just getting to a point where we are some what healthy (haven't been all year), Haven't had several key starters all year.

Speaking of key starters being back, what's up with Zyon Walker? Has he been cleared to play yet? Or have we been holding him back as a precautionary measure as well?

11 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Any comment from schools located within Shelby County? Is this about da 'Haven in football, or is this about basketball too?

Submitted by Collierville High School

RR:

I don't know what this all about. I would think that The Haven is one of the schools targeted. Memphis East would fit. So would fellow Region 7, 6A Cordova.

I don't think it stands a snowball's chance in Hades. This is another school that's getting it's butt kicked in football and they are suffering from a classic case of butthurt. The TSSAA has seen this petition before. Same junk, different crybaby.

Pass along citizens ... nothing to see here.

Edited by kwc
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, kwc said:

RR:

I don't know what this all about. I would think that The Haven is one of the schools targeted. Memphis East would fit. So would fellow Region 7, 6A Cordova.

I don't think it stands a snowball's chance in Hades. This is another school that's getting it's butt kicked in football and they are suffering from a classic case of butthurt. The TSSAA has seen this petition before. Same junk, different crybaby.

Pass along citizens ... nothing to see here.

KWC it’s ironic that this is coming from Collierville who just opened a brand new multi million dollar school and are accepting some form of tuition from students who are outside  of their school zone to pay to attend..

5 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

KWC it’s ironic that this is coming from Collierville who just opened a brand new multi million dollar school and are accepting some form of tuition from students who are outside  of their school zone to pay to attend..

Well, they want everyone to assemble their teams the ... "RIGHT WAY".

They aren't concerned about the student athletes at all. They want unrestricted "Rights" to potential players. If players transfer, more then once, they want to end their ability to play. It is so stupid to me it's debilitating. In their minds, this is how it should go down. Forget about what's best for the student athletes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dannyq said:

Central has no vertical passing game and was swamped with bad field position the whole game. G-Town started most of its drives with a short field,but your right what do I know. I hope for a nice crowd and a good clean played injury free game.

Whitehaven Tigers  37    --    Germantown Red Devils  34

Having seen both of these teams play, I think that (despite their respective records) these two teams are very equally matched!   In the end, however, Whitehaven's passing game will prove to be the difference in the game. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I attended the Gtwn - Central game.

I'll say this much -- credit to Gtwn's smallish, but fast defense for creating most of those short fields for its offense (the kicking game helped tremendously, as well).   This feat was made exponentially easier for Gtwn, given Central's 100% INEPT, non-existent passing game.   Thus, Gtwn was able to load up the box virtually all night long, throttling Central's (very predicable) running game.     The result:   If my memory is working, I think that ALL of Gtwns TDs "drives" were of 40 yards or less??

Gtwn was very fortunate that Central's QB clearly lacked the necessary passing skills with which to hit the frequent/many open receivers.  He was basically just chunking the ball up into the general direction of the intended receiver....

Note:   as for Gtwn's secondary player(s) injuries incurred during the game, Central's receivers were actually getting very much open even before those injuries occurred.

Whitehaven has more playmakers than does Germantown and, especially, Central.   Importantly, Whitehaven's QB will expose Gtwn's secondary and probably have a near career passing night, seriously!   Additionally, should Whitehaven have passing-success early, then I strongly suspect that it will open up lanes in its running game, especially if the Tigers stick with 4 wide-outs vs two.

In my observation,  Gtwn has a better defense than Whitehaven.    So, expect the Red Devils to move the ball up and down the field and put up its fair share of points on Whitehaven's defense.   Unfortunately for Gtwn, however, its secondary will prove to be the weak link in its defensive armor.

Bottom line:   Whitehaven wins in an old-fashioned shootout!!

• CoachT changed the title to Whitehaven at Germantown - The 2018 Region 8, 6A Title Game