Milan @ South Gibson

ManOfMillions

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

Good point. Do not forget to mention that the game your talking about when the current seniors were in 8th grade was final score of 8-6. Those 2 teams met again in the championship game at Milan that year and SGC won that game by 3 TD's.

Also since we are talking about seniors and their class... We only have 9 seniors.... 

I think both teams are playing their best ball right now and this looks like its going to be another classic game between the 2 programs. 

70-14. Lol!!!!

6 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Good point. Do not forget to mention that the game your talking about when the current seniors were in 8th grade was final score of 8-6. Those 2 teams met again in the championship game at Milan that year and SGC won that game by 3 TD's.

Also since we are talking about seniors and their class... We only have 9 seniors.... 

I think both teams are playing their best ball right now and this looks like its going to be another classic game between the 2 programs. 

You are correct you did play the middle school championship game in Milan that year but you didn’t play Milan. If I remember correctly, there was a threeway tie that year (Milan, Medina, & Trenton). Bowl game contenders were determined by a coin toss and Milan was odd man out. 

1 minute ago, Milanfootballislife said:

You are correct you did play the middle school championship game in Milan that year but you didn’t play Milan. If I remember correctly, there was a threeway tie that year (Milan, Medina, & Trenton). Bowl game contenders were determined by a coin toss and Milan was odd man out. 

I stand corrected. 

Dawg fans, and Hornets fans. 

I love a good rivalry. This rivalry started 8 years ago. Milan has dominated the series, but SGC has won a couple and come VERY close a couple of other times. ( i still say it was a catch and the refs rooked us out of the W )  This rivalry is great for our towns, this county, players, and high school football in general. The teams seem to be very evenly matched. It seems to me that Milan has a better D, but SGC has a better O. SGC has a legit triple option this year. If the defense gets out of position they will really make you pay. We will all find out how this thing plays out in a just a few short days. How the coaches play this chess match out is going to be really fun to watch. 

I would like to invite all of T nation to watch the game live and in color on our live stream. Since we were not able to bring the live coverage to the game last year because of the ...policy of the school system....I would really like to invite all the Milan fans to have your family and friends from anywhere in the world tune it and watch their loved one play. The game will also be archived and they can rewind and re watch plays. I am an absolute homer so when you tune in expect it. We go live this week at 6 and kickoff is set for 7. 

http://tncitylinktv.com/channel/jackson-south-gibson/

Cheers to a great game!

GO HORNETS!

/steven 

Edited by ManOfMillions

I have had some time to watch a little film...

Milan's defense has a TON of really good looking, fast, and hard hitting athletes. SGC will need to play a near perfect game to come a way with a victory. 

I think SGC has a better looking offense...

I think Milan has a better looking defense...

So its going to come down to what team makes the fewest mistakes. 

What team is going to get out coached.

What team turns the ball over. 

What team lets a play slip in the special teams game....

I have my prediction ready. ( BPM this is the 50 cent special )

SGC - 28

Milan - 27

SGC breaks a special teams play that ignites the hornets nest and they ride it to the end of the 4th. 

WE GUNNA BEAT THOSE DAWGS!

Edited by ManOfMillions

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I have had some time to watch a little film...

Milan's defense has a TON of really good looking, fast, and hard hitting athletes. SGC will need to play a near perfect game to come a way with a victory. 

I think SGC has a better looking offense...

I think Milan has a better looking defense...

So its going to come down to what team makes the fewest mistakes. 

What team is going to get out coached.

What team turns the ball over. 

What team lets a play slip in the special teams game....

I have my prediction ready. ( BPM this is the 50 cent special )

SGC - 28

Milan - 27

SGC breaks a special teams play that ignites the hornets nest and they ride it to the end of the 4th. 

WE GUNNA BEAT THOSE DAWGS!

Just curious which games you saw. Milan’s defense has had some issues this year. As far as the offense goes it’s either a short gain or a homer in. No middle ground. 

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just curious which games you saw. Milan’s defense has had some issues this year. As far as the offense goes it’s either a short gain or a homer in. No middle ground. 

Milan vs Mcnasty, BOOlivar, and Laxingting 

Milan's athletes make the defense. Even if they get out of position they have the speed to clean it up. Offense looks confused and out of sorts. Trying to block 8 people with 7...??????   Got me.