Milan @ South Gibson

ManOfMillions

1 hour ago, mhsbd89 said:

The Lockhart fumble happened right in front of me. Be honest I couldn't tell. Looked like ground caused it but like I said hard to tell it happened so fast. High school refs dont have the luxury of replay. I did like the fact they had a conference to try to and get it right. The horse collar was bad though. It was all jersey. The personal fouls for both teams seemed legit. Hard fought game nonetheless 

Fair. Both were missed horribly. I really just wanted it to be all left on the field. I did not want the refs to have such an impact on the game. Both teams got some bad calls. The turnover that was given back to milan was a back breaker for the hornets because they score 2 plays later to take the lead. 

5 hours ago, mhsbd89 said:

The Lockhart fumble happened right in front of me. Be honest I couldn't tell. Looked like ground caused it but like I said hard to tell it happened so fast. High school refs dont have the luxury of replay. I did like the fact they had a conference to try to and get it right. The horse collar was bad though. It was all jersey. The personal fouls for both teams seemed legit. Hard fought game nonetheless 

Just jerking ole racermans chain. You know how I felt about this game. Glad it

turned out to be a good one. 

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, Milanfootballislife said:

I am in complete agreement with BPM in regards to Milan’s thoughts regarding our “rivalries”. 

My experience with this “rivalry” since my boys were little has been before nearly every Milan vs SGC game, Milan is said to have done something horrible to disrespect the Hornets that blows up into a huge deal taking over social media in the days prior to the game. In each instance, those of us in Milan are left looking at each other with raised eyebrows trying to figure out what is going on bc there is zero chatter in Milan about any of these things. My dad coached Milan football for 15 years with Tucker so I’ve been involved with the program literally since I was born and the things Milan has been accused of by SGC over the years just doesnt fit or show up with any other team we play. As a result, all these accusations in recent years make very little sense over here in Bulldog Nation. Did someone from Milan vandilize SGC property? I don’t know. No one does at this point but I’m sure there are cameras and they will catch whomever it was. Could it have been someone from Milan? Certainly. Could it have been someone from SGC trying to make Milan look bad? Certainly. I don’t know about everyone else, but I would prefer to focus on the actual game and do without all the extra drama that accompanies this game every year. Leave it on the field. Go Dawgs!!

Every instance of this type thing that I can recall has been done "in house"...whether someone close to the program (Marion), or just kids from the community, it's shameful. Rivalries are a great thing as long as there's a healthy respect for the opposition, but spray bombing shows none for your opponent, and none for yourself.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Every instance of this type thing that I can recall has been done "in house"...whether someone close to the program (Marion), or just kids from the community, it's shameful. Rivalries are a great thing as long as there's a healthy respect for the opposition, but spray bombing shows none for your opponent, and none for yourself.

From what I understand, that is the case here as well. Sad. 

On 10/26/2018 at 11:22 PM, mhsbd89 said:

Off a buddy of mines facebook  watch it over and over again if you want . 

I slowed it way down with my vlc media player....it was a fumble   and once you know its pretty clear the ball is a foot or two in front of him on the ground before his body even hits. The refs aint perfect  . Check out the qb kick the tackler who is  holding the foot   then the olinman gets a shove in and the ref staring at it..lol He walked over and said somehting to them at least..

Edited by Beagle

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Off a buddy of mines facebook  watch it over and over again if you want . 

I slowed it way down with my vlc media player....it was a fumble   and once you know its pretty clear the ball is a foot or two in front of him on the ground before his body even hits. The refs aint perfect  . Check out the qb kick the tackler who is  holding the foot   then the olinman gets a shove in and the ref staring at it..lol He walked over and said somehting to them at least..

Lol SGC should really let it go. They sound like Trenton after the Gibson County loss. Lol There were definitely questionable  calls on both sides. That’s how it goes. You win some and you lose some. However, this was a solid win by Milan.  The score would have been even more lopsided had Weathers not gotten injured at the end of the second quarter and sat out the second half.  That gave life to SGC on a few plays that led to scores. I encourage SGC to let it go, it makes them look like sore losers. For real. Time to move on. 

10 hours ago, Milanfootballislife said:

Lol SGC should really let it go. They sound like Trenton after the Gibson County loss. Lol There were definitely questionable  calls on both sides. That’s how it goes. You win some and you lose some. However, this was a solid win by Milan.  The score would have been even more lopsided had Weathers not gotten injured at the end of the second quarter and sat out the second half.  That gave life to SGC on a few plays that led to scores. I encourage SGC to let it go, it makes them look like sore losers. For real. Time to move on. 

There was certainly some bad calls on both sides. This call is the worst I have ever seen. Milan scored to take the lead 2 plays after this BS call. So it not only really put SG in a bind it gave Milan the go ahead score.

I do not think anyone is dwelling on it. It is just really disappointing when refs have such an impact on the game. In my opinion the officiating cost SG the game. SG would have been able to run a huge portion of the clock out and Milan only had 2 timeouts left. 

None the less it was another classic game played by the 2 schools. 

I hope we get a chance to play again in a few weeks. 

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

There was certainly some bad calls on both sides. This call is the worst I have ever seen. Milan scored to take the lead 2 plays after this BS call. So it not only really put SG in a bind it gave Milan the go ahead score.

I do not think anyone is dwelling on it. It is just really disappointing when refs have such an impact on the game. In my opinion the officiating cost SG the game. SG would have been able to run a huge portion of the clock out and Milan only had 2 timeouts left. 

None the less it was another classic game played by the 2 schools. 

I hope we get a chance to play again in a few weeks. 

This was one of the questionable calls that night I agree. I've watched it over and over again and I really can't tell if the ball is out before his elbow touches ground or not. But i disagree with this giving Milan the win, SG would not have been able to run that much clock off especially with your back to your own endzone. Milan would have gotten the ball back. But that's why they play the game. The other questionable call was the horse collar call where the Milan defender had the jersey stretched out 2 yards and the ref called it horse collar and then SGC moved 15 yards with a fresh set of downs. I don't believe this call would have kept Milan from winning either. If you let your game get close enough that a split second ref decision effects the outcome you had already lost. I do hope that SGC folks have moved on and are concentrating on their playoffs. I really hope they are not salivating (for lack of a better word) a rematch with Milan. They really need to take one game at a time to make it to the second or third round or further. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Robojoe said:

This was one of the questionable calls that night I agree. I've watched it over and over again and I really can't tell if the ball is out before his elbow touches ground or not. But i disagree with this giving Milan the win, SG would not have been able to run that much clock off especially with your back to your own endzone. Milan would have gotten the ball back. But that's why they play the game. The other questionable call was the horse collar call where the Milan defender had the jersey stretched out 2 yards and the ref called it horse collar and then SGC moved 15 yards with a fresh set of downs. I don't believe this call would have kept Milan from winning either. If you let your game get close enough that a split second ref decision effects the outcome you had already lost. I do hope that SGC folks have moved on and are concentrating on their playoffs. I really hope they are not salivating (for lack of a better word) a rematch with Milan. They really need to take one game at a time to make it to the second or third round or further. 

You are 100% correct about not letting the game come down to a split second decision. I said the horse collar call was a bad call on the air. We could argue till both of us were blue in the face and not come to and agreement about what call was worse and how it would have effected the game. The bottom line is the refs really stunk it up and turned the screws on both teams. I personally believe the call on the turnover was far worse because that cost SGC a possession, and 6 points because Milan scored 2 plays later. The horse collar call cost Milan 15 yards. SGC will have to take the ugly trip to Memphis and beat the best team from region 8 if they want another shot at Milan. If that happens I really hope that the game is better officiated better than the first game.